• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 UI hopes and ideas

I am hoping that the UI gets rid of the "please wait" messages. It should now that the OS is on an SSD. Similar to how fast windows is on a SSD.

Exentryk

Needs more simplification. Trying to find games I own is annoying (hidden in library which itself is in a corner).

Perhaps go something like this on the side menu:
  • Games (all) - Shows all games in thumbnail view. Installed games are colored, while others are black and white. Can switch views via L2/R2 to list view, etc.
  • Store - Shows a page with a big launch button in the middle. Only when you click that button does it go into the store. This is mainly to save resources.
  • Community - Friends and all the social stuff.
  • Settings
Should use buttons to quickly jump between some of these. Like perhaps use L1/R1 to go from side menu to middle menu, or say press square or triangle to go to Settings immediately, etc.

ksdixon

Given people's ideas in this thread, I'd love to see people's visual concepts, if anyone was to knock one up. I think I'll do that myself before replying properly.

Gargus

Banned
I like the current interface. I just hope they let me permanently remove icons for things I dont want instead of putting them in a folder like vue or whatever. I want them off my bar so it's just icons for games.

Be nice if the ui dissapeared after a few minutes and left only the background up until you touch a button.

But for the most part I like it just fine.

Top Bottom