• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA. Resident Evil 2 Remake 12.99 on Amazon right now. Will receive free next gen update

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Do we have a game deals thread? We should if not. Anyway if you're wanting to play one of the best games ever for cheap now would be a good time. The deal is for the PS4 version which will get a free PS5 update. The Xbox version is currently a couple more bucks at 17.99.

Kuranghi

I'm wondering what the differences will be with the PC patch outside of RT (I'm on a 1080 so can't take advantage of that), will the SSR be fixed/better? I doubt this tbh but hopefully.

Will the cutscenes/alpha effects have been optimised performance-wise so the former is more in line with gameplay performance at the same resolution? I can play almost the whole of both games at locked 60fps at 1872p and all of it at 1728p, except most of the cutscenes require a drop all the way to 1440p (or even a bit less) - oh and that's with the mostly-broken depth of field and SSR turned off - with them both on I'd need to drop to 1080p for cutscenes and 1620p for gameplay to get locked 60.

I guess an easier solution than fixing those issues would be giving the PC version the DRS from the console versions then you just set the max res and let it handle the heavy scenes.

I love these remakes so much so I don't mind rebuying on PS5 tbh anyway, maybe haptics will be interesting enough also.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's a great deal!

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
Nope that's terrible too. Both are really bad remakes and you can tell little thought was put into both.
Wow. Hard disagree on this. Even though I loved RE3 remake, I admit it was underbaked. But RE2 Remake was a revelation and is now the standard along with FF7 remake for "re-imagining".

• LOL
Reactions: AX8

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Thanks OP, snagged the XBOX copy for my friend. He is still stuck with that VCR looking monstrosity lol

If you can't handle an opinion on a game you like that's a you problem

Its fine to have opinions but surely you have to understand how bizarre yours is. Resident Evil 2 Remake is a well regarded game by the vast majority of people who played it. I prefer the original PS1 version but the remake fucks.

If you can't handle an opinion on a game you like that's a you problem
That's not it at all. I was pointing out how a fellow forum poster can come into a sale thread to soapbox and rile up the thread about how they don't like a game. I can maybe see why the original thread closed if this happened on a daily basis.

AX8

Banned
Thanks OP, snagged the XBOX copy for my friend. He is still stuck with that VCR looking monstrosity lol

Its fine to have opinions but surely you have to understand how bizarre yours is. Resident Evil 2 Remake is a well regarded game by the vast majority of people who played it. I prefer the original PS1 version but the remake fucks.
Hmm not really, it is vastly inferior to the original, the character designs are worse, a lot of cut content, there was a far superior remake of RE1 and this doesn't even come close to that, it seems little effort was put into both RE2 and 3 remakes compared to Mikami's masterpiece with REmake.

Rival

Gold Member
I just got both 2 and 3 for pc the other day on gamesplanet for $11.99 each. Playing at 100+ fps is a revelation after last trying 2 on oneX a few years back.

Hmm not really, it is vastly inferior to the original, the character designs are worse, a lot of cut content, there was a far superior remake of RE1 and this doesn't even come close to that, it seems little effort was put into both RE2 and 3 remakes compared to Mikami's masterpiece with REmake.
You’re getting a lot of flak but I agree with all your points except for the character models being ugly; they’re quite well done, particularly Leon.

RE2/3 remakes don’t hold a candle to the original RE2/3 which are god-tier: everything from the music, sound effects, storylines (which are a joke in the remakes, especially 3), and level design are vastly superior.

Re2makes greatest strength lies in the RPD station design (which is excellent) and Mr. X keeping you in check throughout the game, but he can easily be cheesed by entering a safe room. Everything after the RPD feels half assed and lazy, with the orphanage/Sherry section being the biggest culprit. While tank controls are considered antiquated, the modern 3rd person gameplay is good, but guns feel and sound week and zombies are inconsistent bullet sponges, which, to its credit, RE3make fixes these issues.

Re2, for its age (and we can include the other originals), had charm and wonder that the modern remakes could never acheive. Remake 1 is special in which it takes the original Re formula, beautifies it, but also intelligently adds on to the lore and story that makes it an even better game. Re2make and 3 do none of that - in fact, it actually cuts a lot of the story. Furthermore, Re2makes music is so non-existent, and whatever was present wasn’t very good, that it’s no wonder why the Original ost is available to play. Re2’s original music is, on its own, an amazing soundtrack.

On topic, is Re2make worth the time and money? Yea, despite its faults, it’s a good game and so is 3, which I consider a good, fun and short romp. People who complain about its length are forgetting that the originals are also very short and can be completed in a very short time.

Reactions: AX8

Moses85

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

jaysius

Banned

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I hope the next gen update doesn’t turn into a Witcher situation

Last edited:

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Amazing remake. I don't normally play through games twice but this was such an amazing game that I did. Absolutely loved it, might check out the next-gen update too!

My GotY of 2019. Was worth every cent at $60. At this price? A steal.

Don't let naysayers distract from the greatness of this game. It has a 97% Steam rating. Metacritic 93/100, Famitsu 37/40... Shall we go on? So just because someone comes in screeching in this thread about how this "game sucks" (LOL) doesn't make his screeching correct.

So, get it! In the immortal words of Arnold Schwarzenegger:

BronzeRegalKudu-max-1mb.gif

Top Bottom