• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSGroove - A variety of options for jailbreaking, and new homebrew all the time

Saty

Well, in the part that i got to see one of the guys on the panel said that hackers used OtherOS so as soon as Sony removed it from the Slims, the console was bound to get hacked.
Basically, Sony shot themseleves in the foot; riled up the beehive.

BladeoftheImmortal said:
Well, it lasted 4 years without getting broken. What other electronic device has lasted that long in this day and age?

But, yeah, now it's over, but it had a damn good security system.

I simply didn't expect to be broken so badly, it seems to me this hack is way deeper than 360 (which needs to be a JTAG-able model and it's pretty hard to find)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I was one second away from upgrading my PS3. I never play on PSN but that thing popping up was annoying :lol Having second thoughts now =P

carlosp said:
this would be the biggest epic fail ever, wouldnt it? PS3 system sale would be rocket high in the next few months and the software down, down, down.

just like the wii and 360? as long as sony keeps psn in check for exploits and hackers and cheaters and whatnot, it's gonna be just like the 360, console bans, "regular" updates and new protection schemes in games.

Rur0ni

nolookjones said:
i believe so...someone could pre-exploit the 3.55 update for example...
@fail0verflow said:
Our current PS3 goal: AsbestOS.pup
From the sound of everything, every current retail PS3 can run this stuff once they sign it. No need for jailbreaking.

@marcan42 said:
Wii fakesigning vs. PS3 epic fail: Wii issue is a BUG in console code (fixable), PS3 issue is a FAIL in THEIR secret signer (not fixable).

IOW they CANNOT change keys or fix this in a new firmware, because stuff we sign is every bit as good as existing official software.

Shaneus

From the sounds of it (by the posts in this thread) it looks like one can effectively run unsigned code by being able to sign EVERYTHING. Holy shit.

Homebrew just got serious up in this bitch. Someone go hack PlayTV and ungimp it for me, kthx :D

PS. Seriously can't believe how epic this is. I have a jtagged 360 and a modded original Xbox but this has the potential to be bigger than both (if I'm understanding correctly).

Raistlin

So I guess my ecliPS3 dongles are a bit redundant at this point? Is there any advantage in using them?

Anyone want an ecliPS3 or two cheap?

N.A

Banned
Raistlin said:
So I guess my ecliPS3 dongles are a bit redundant at this point? Is there any advantage in using them?

Anyone want an ecliPS3 or two cheap?

If you are using a backup manager it's worth staying on 3.41 and using a dongle until the 3.55 solution has much greater compatibility.

Raistlin

Good point. I do have some of my games installed.

I actually have 2 ecliPS3 dongles because I planned to employ my 2 PS3's as media streamers, etc. Since I expect CFW will eventually catch up with all features, if anyone wants my spare ecliPS3 cheap PM me.

Actually considering I'm business travelling for at least the next month or so, I probably don't need either :p

Top Bottom