• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSM UK- score and rumors.

Kittonwy

Banned
Wherez my first-party games coverage? Wherez mah Infamous?
Indifferent2.gif

kbear

AltogetherAndrews said:
So we have an innumerable amount of Japanese RPGs borrowing names and locations from Norse mythology, western developers using it as a base for robot smashing and orc smashing games, and now we're going to get Norse Mythology: The Male Menopause Edition, from the makers of Tripe-co and Shadow of the Artsy Fartsy Bore? Jrrrg.
Quickly becoming one of my favorite posters... weird since i couldn't stand him before. Must be an acquired taste like Bill Walton and salt n' vinegar Herr's

eve241

AltogetherAndrews said:
So we have an innumerable amount of Japanese RPGs borrowing names and locations from Norse mythology, western developers using it as a base for robot smashing and orc smashing games, and now we're going to get Norse Mythology: The Male Menopause Edition, from the makers of Tripe-co and Shadow of the Artsy Fartsy Bore? Jrrrg.

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not but I never understand these sort of comments. The source material isn't being ruined in any way. Reminds me of people who don't want new sequels to their favorite series for fear of a bad game. Your previous enjoyment can't be taken from you.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
acabado said:
Originally Posted by OPM UK-scores- April 2008 :
http://i31.tinypic.com/23vcos6.jpg

Playstation 3
Lost: The Video Game - 5/10
Army Of Two - 6/10
Blacksite: Area 51 - 5/10
NFL Tour - 4/10
MX Vs ATV Untamed - 5/10
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - 8/10

PSP
God Of War: Chains Of Olympus - 10/10 *OPM GOLD AWARD*
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law - 5/10
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus - 7/10
The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift - 5/10

Playstation 2
Buzz: The School Quiz - 7/10
Wild Arms 5 - 7/10
The Spiderwick Chronicles - 5/10
Phantasy Star Universe - 7/10
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity - 4/10
Odin Sphere - 8/10

Originally Posted by OPM UK- rumors:

- God Of War III is along way off, won't be released until xmas 09
http://i31.tinypic.com/b5lm2w.png

- The BBC reckons sony has an amazing secret game in the works for 2009

- Capcom is developing Dead Rising 2 for mulitple platforms including PS3

- Team ICO's new game has links to Norse myths

- Mass Effect and its Sequels will come to PS3- Sony already has a in-game version of PS3's XMB up and running

- Netflix will soon offer movie downloads straight to your PS3 [/QUOTE]

I see this Mass Effect rumor is false. While Ea own the Ip right. Microsoft own the right to publish to first two games, and I don't see Microsoft giving that right up.

Johnas

AltogetherAndrews said:

I guess I don't understand why you'd care, if you hate Team Ico's games in the first place.

Mau ®

I seriously doubt the Mass Effect rumor. MS themselves published the first one. Maybe ME2 or ME3 will show up on it.

Nice rumors though, most of them believable enough.

klee123

Jtyettis said:
Seriously doubt the first, but maybe. Actually no, on the second, it's possible but it will still be exclusive for a time according to Bioware this week, ports down the road, maybe.

Why doubt the first? The reason why DR hasn't been ported to PS3 yet is because of legal problems. DR2 on PS3 is pretty much a given at this point.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
klee123 said:
Why doubt the first? The reason why DR hasn't been ported to PS3 yet is because of legal problems. DR2 on PS3 is pretty much a given at this point.

There is alot of people who don't even know about the legal problems of DR, I wouldn't be surprised due to those we would never see a DR sequel :(

Atlantic

Christ you are one miserable fuck. Ever since Haze fucked your ego/grandmother you've been on this rep streak with this bitter tears agenda along side the other mongrel trolls. PM/

disappeared said:
Mass Effect on the PS3 looks pretty doubtful at this point. But a Trilogy Blu-Ray disc would be a sweet idea.
Mass Effect Triology (Ps3) and Metal Gear Solid Quadrology (360) coming next (or this) gen confirmed.

Rumor sounds kinda doubtful, since they mention the first Game...doubt MS would allow it. "but but but EA", yeah EA has the IP now, but the only possibility that MS didnt secure themselves for the first game is if the contracts were written and signed by monkeys.

Danielsan

McBradders said:
Dead Rising 2?

I call bullshit.
Capcom developing a sequel to a popular new IP is bullshit in what way? To be honest I find it insane that we haven't seen or heard anything about a Dead Rising sequel thusfar.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Danielsan said:
Capcom developing a sequel to a popular new IP is bullshit in what way? To be honest I find it insane that we haven't seen or heard anything about a Dead Rising sequel thusfar.

We heard the team behind it was liquified and distribuited amongst Capcoms other teams.

Given their output I don't see how that has changed, and the thought of another team on it scares me, especially if the same Designer isn't heading it up.

Danielsan

McBradders said:
We heard the team behind it was liquified and distribuited amongst Capcoms other teams.

Given their output I don't see how that has changed, and the thought of another team on it scares me, especially if the same Designer isn't heading it up.
Didn't know the team was liqified. Perhaps now with the completion of DMC4 they have the ability to reasemble the team and work on DR2. One can hope atleast.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Danielsan said:
Didn't know the team was liqified. Perhaps now with the completion of DMC4 they have the ability to reasemble the team and work on DR2. One can hope atleast.

I say a prayer every day :(

Tr4nce

acabado said:
- The BBC reckons sony has an amazing secret game in the works for 2009

- Sony already has a in-game version of PS3's XMB up and running

1) I'm really starting to get curious about this game that everyone calls 'amazing'. I don't have the slightest idea what it could be.

2) What? Give it to us now!!!!!!!!!!

Tr4nce said:
1) I'm really starting to get curious about this game that everyone calls 'amazing'. I don't have the slightest idea what it could be.

2) What? Give it to us now!!!!!!!!!!
my guesses:

-1 sony cambridge's game. based on last gen's efforts they'll blow everything else away visually. :D

-2 waiting until home is finished and ready to download.

Danielsan

Wax Free Vanilla said:
my guesses:

-1 sony cambridge's game. based on last gen's efforts they'll blow everything else away visually. :D
Sony Cambridge is the team behind Primal and Ghosthunter right? If so then I endorse your statement.

raviolico

well, dear OPM ...it seems you just got the Trico & nordic myth rumor straight from fan speculation several weeks ago.. .:lol

minor update from the picture-analyse-hardcore-elite-front
(all credit goes to Twiligt_Fenrir, teamicogamers forum):

I was looking at that new picture... and one idea immediately leapt out at me... And that is how much this image reminded me of Fenrir, or, The Fenris Wolf...

Now, for those of you who don't know... Fenrir was a wolf from Norse mythology who, for a long story and complicated reasons, was bound by a chain on the Island of Lyngvi.... The chain was attatched to a rock, which was then burried deep into the ground...

If we assume that we are looking down at the ground, the chain goes into the "plug", and seems to go down into it more... while at the other end, we have a large shadow, which looks an awefull like a wolf's. (the right being its head, with the "horn" being an ear. And the bottom forming its back)

Just my two bits.

Danielsan said:
Sony Cambridge is the team behind Primal and Ghosthunter right? If so then I endorse your statement.
Yep,

Ghosthunter is the best looking game on PS2, it still looks amazing today in this HD era. :bow to the gods at Cambridge :bow

Raist

Banned
raviolico said:
well, dear OPM ...it seems you just got the Trico & nordic myth rumor straight from fan speculation several weeks ago.. .:lol

what picture is he talking about ? D:

Danielsan

raviolico said:
I have no clue how that guy could possibly see a wolf in that shadow also the chain that inprissoned Fenrir was supossedly as thin a ribbon and thus should not look like an iron chain.It would still be pretty damn cool if it was based on it though.

raviolico

Danielsan said:
I have no clue how that guy could possibly see a wolf in that shadow but it would be pretty damn cool if true.

yes, i dunno for myself, but at least it clearly teases something ore someone at the one end of the chain imho.

727359321.png

74031639.png

Danielsan

raviolico said:
yes, i dunno for myself, but at least it clearly teases something ore someone at the one end of the chain imho.

No doubt about that but the whole Fenrir deal falls flat because his chain doesn't look like a chain at all.

514px-John_Bauer-Tyr_and_Fenrir.jpg

fenrir.jpg

raviolico

Danielsan said:
No doubt about that but the whole Fenrir deal falls flat because his chain doesn't look like a chain at all.

514px-John_Bauer-Tyr_and_Fenrir.jpg

fenrir.jpg

well, it could still work as an "inspiration" not a direct "port" of the Fenrir Mythology of course.

Top Bottom