• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN, Battlenet, Riot, and others DDOSed; PSN returning lightly toasted with butter

Mar Nosso

Banned
Such drama, much revolt, wow!

I played Diablo 3 on PS4 yesterday for a god awful amount of hours. Still playing through the story solo so didn't really have a need for the online bit.

Those DDoS attackers need to be behind bars however. This affects businesses greatly due to lost sales, it inconveniences customers out of their purchases and services and disrupts everyone involved. Not to mention that a fake bomb threat is fucking beyond the threshold of acceptable. Hope they get thrown in jail quickly.

Now, time for more Diablo 3 bitches!

sector4

lol dat add
Also psn is back full force! At least for me

Yo6P9PQh.jpg
too perfect haha

GoaThief

Glad it's back up.

What happened to the DDoS? Did whomever it was stop or get shut down or did Sony buy more toasters or something? Skimmed through but didn't see anything aside from PSN working again.

Glad it's back up.

What happened to the DDoS? Did whomever it was stop or get shut down or did Sony buy more toasters or something? Skimmed through but didn't see anything aside from PSN working again.
I think they are targeting others, the reptilians last tweet was like 5 hours ago.

Regarding the Fetch DLC outfit error, I got the same thing and when I go to the Library section of First Light and check the add-ons/related items, it doesn't show up. It only lists First Light and the DLC costumes from Second Son as installed

edit: nvm, I can't read. First add-on says "First Light - DUP Fetch"

Winter John

Spoke to a friend from Birmingham this morning. She confirmed that they do use mom there. Apparently that's where the term originally came from and was transported to America by Brummies. The more you know.

hohoXD123

Hoping someone can clarify but isn't a service like cloudflare good enough to stop these DDoS attacks or is it a case of it not being suited to gaming networks such as PSN?

frizby

This outage was kind of lame compared to the last one.

I'd give it a 6.5, like Infamous Second Son.

Can't wait for the DLC though.

I managed to go back home in lunch break. Connected to PSN, set my PS4 as primary console and when I took it offline I ws still able to play my digital copy of the game... Finally!

Now I don't care what happens to PSN lol.. Won't buy any digital game ever again. This was my first choice of digital over printed copy of any game and I had the worst experience possible... Never again (for now) lol

EDIT: Game is Diablo 3

ViciousDS

Banned
I managed to go back home in lunch break. Connected to PSN, set my PS4 as primary console and when I took it offline I ws still able to play my digital copy of the game... Finally!

Now I don't care what happens to PSN lol.. Won't buy any digital game ever again. This was my first choice of digital over printed copy of any game and I had the worst experience possible... Never again (for now) lol

EDIT: Game is Diablo 3

if ya would have set it when you got the console you would have never had that problem lol. That was the first thing I did launch night was activate it as the main console.

But, I wouldn't go as far as saying you don't care what happens to PSN. Got to say though during that down town I had to go out and buy a physical copy of Ni No Kuni because my download apparently never completed.....uh that was infuriating. But now I feel better because if I downloaded NI No Kuni on my PS3 it would have taken roughly 3 hours alone to install.....PS3 was TERRIBLE at install times. First time I popped in Drakengard 3 physical pretty sure it took 2 hours from disc insert to actually start playing the damn game XD..

Kura

Banned
It's funny (and sad) how kids are asking Sony for free games making them responsible for the external attack.

Definitely internet shouldnt be for everyone.

ViciousDS

Banned
The group have attacked xbox live as well and they claim to have taken down the vaticans site as well.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2014/08/24/xbox-live-down-today-lizard-squad-boasts/

https://twitter.com/LizardSquad/status/503764485358628864

Anonymous responded to his Vatican post with this however, Anonymous ‏@W0rIdPeace 7h
@LizardSquad You have no proof that you have done any of the things you claim.

that was 7 hours ago btw

I have no idea how to embed tweets here on GAF.....maybe someone can enlighten me later....will take a look at break time

I wonder if he really IS doing anything and its not just somebody else. Hes probably just monitoring it and then posting whenever something goes down.

Top Bottom