• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN canceling and refunding Fractured But Whole pre-orders

blacklotus

Well, a couple of weeks ago the store that i work for in Portugal dropped the Fractured But Whole pre-order.

I thought that was a bit silly since a delay shouldn't really mean letting the pre-order go (for now), since you can still rack up orders, and i didn't get it.
Now this.

Gonna try and find more info (if there's any).

... Ubisoft's orders to take down the pre-order at least untill December.

Weird. :\

Doc_Drop

OléGunner;232971583 said:
TV show universe is pretty established.
I mean it's only been about 20 new eps since the last game.

Maybe it's Matt and Trey coming up with ever more crazy ideas or ensuring the game's jokes match with gameplay (which is a bitch according to a dev diary I watched).

Who knows really.

Right, but those last two seasons were essentially one long ark and made monumental shifts for the town and it's inhabitants. I don't think they would be able to encorperate that into the game being so tonally different. Now that series is finished they have likely got their freedom back re writing.

Although I do agree that mechanically they are likely still tweaking.

If the game is delayed, thats cool. Just dont please cancel it. I need The Fractured But Whole in my life.
I would be absolutely livid...so freakin hyped for this game.

If anyone here hasn't played Stick of Truth yet, get going! Absolutely hilarious and super fun, and I'm not even a fan of the recent South Park seasons.

I really hope this means Stick of Truth is for sale separate from the preorder soon. I THINK i'd enjoy Fractured But Whole, but really would rather try out Stick of Truth in the meantime on my PS4.

spectator

I'm a little confused... can someone clarify?

Is this a new round of cancellations/refunds? I received a cancellation and refund last week (or the week before) and it was accompanied by a deactivation of The Stick of Truth. Once I pre-ordered again, my copy of The Stick of Truth became available again. It sounds like they are now issuing the license for The Stick of Truth to everyone, but I haven't received anything yet. Is this new round independent of the one that happened a week or two ago?

Ive got a message on Xbox Live from Xbox that i could change aka Cancel my Preorder too if i want and that the current release date would be Dec 31 2017

Green Yoshi

Strange. The delay was already announced on February, 9th.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole has been delayed for a second time, publisher Ubisoft announced today. The foul-mouthed role-playing game based on the long-running animated series will now be released in Ubisoft’s upcoming fiscal year, which runs from April 2017 through March 2018.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/9/14561368/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-delay-ubisoft

So it will be released after March 2018?

GeoramA

Pre-ordered it last June and got my refund in October. SoT and all my pre-order avatars were locked out. Really sucks :(

Patryn

We haven't seen a damn thing about this game for almost a year. What is going on?

Likely we're seeing the reasons for The Stick of Truth's endless delays was less Obsidian and more Matt and Trey. I think they're very used to being able to make last minute changes with quick turn-arounds, which doesn't really work for games.

Unfortunately, without Matt and Trey, the games probably would be total shit, so it's the price you pay.

LAM09

Likely we're seeing the reasons for The Stick of Truth's endless delays was less Obsidian and more Matt and Trey. I think they're very used to being able to make last minute changes with quick turn-arounds, which doesn't really work for games.

Unfortunately, without Matt and Trey, the games probably would be total shit, so it's the price you pay.

That's probably the case. A recent video about how they do the shows was a real eye opener.

It has been removed a while ago on the EU store but I can still pre-order in the US.
I'm going to do it as I haven't played the first one yet. We'll see what happens.

Slaythe

I'm top of that, they also fulfill some producer roles so they probably don't care if they make a bit less profit, since they're millionaires.

They'd rather put out something they're happy with than try to please Ubisoft shareholders.

spectator

Matt and Trey have copious experience producing independent movies, studio movies, television shows, books, Broadway theater productions, video games and more. I have a very hard time imagining they're failing to understand the different production timeline a video game requires from that of their television show.

h3ro

Crap, I almost pre-ordered it last week. I'd get the first one for free.

No, you wouldn't.

I pre-ordered the game twice, mainly because I was still working through Stick of Truth.

I was refunded the fee for a second time this past week and Stick of Truth, though downloaded, is locked out for my account.

graywolf323

No, you wouldn't.

I pre-ordered the game twice, mainly because I was still working through Stick of Truth.

I was refunded the fee for a second time this past week and Stick of Truth, though downloaded, is locked out for my account.

same, I'm in the US and Stick of Truth is gone from my account after being refunded a 2nd time as well

Spaghetti

Next fiscal year could also mean a release in the upcoming months.
It's a pretty big ballpark figure of the next 12 months, maybe. It's not going to be "upcoming".

Matt and Trey have copious experience producing independent movies, studio movies, television shows, books, Broadway theater productions, video games and more. I have a very hard time imagining they're failing to understand the different production timeline a video game requires from that of their television show.
You should read up on the production of the first game, because that's pretty much what happened.

Should they have learned from the experience first time around to improve? Yeah, and they probably have; but at the end of the day Ubisoft are dealing with perfectionists with close creative control over the end product.

U2NUMB

This whole thing is odd.. on Xbox one I got an email a week ago telling me about the delay. Then shortly after I was officially charged for the whole game... I've had it pre ordered since July.

So not sure what Ms is doing with these pre orders.

Well, time to reconsider and put it on Switch. At this rate they will be losing half the people that would have bought it with all the amazing Spring games that have come out.

jviggy43

MS messaged me about this as well and will allow me a refund if I want. Wondering if I should say yes and get something else in the meantime.

U2NUMB

MS messaged me about this as well and will allow me a refund if I want. Wondering if I should say yes and get something else in the meantime.

Can you even get to your pre order via their website? Mine only goes back to like October and I pre ordered in July... and their support phone numbers on their site are AT&T numbers when I call them...

Can you even get to your pre order via their website? Mine only goes back to like October and I pre ordered in July... and their support phone numbers on their site are AT&T numbers when I call them...

I found my preorder for whenever it originally came with Stick of Truth, and canceled it 2 weeks ago. Last week I got the Xbox message about refunding it if I want too. The refund was quick and easy through their webchat.

Blindy

This happened to me months ago, glad I did it to get Stick of Truth essentially for free XD.

Think I am getting it physical when it is released.

EDIT: Haven't checked if I still kept Stick of Truth but I bumrushed through that bad boy last June, glad I did.

U2NUMB

Weird because I was charged by xbox live for my preorder last week.

You might want to get a call in.. I am on the phone with support.. and they are having trouble even finding my pre order yet I was 100% charged on the 22nd as if the game came out. Getting annoying at this point..

Top Bottom