• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 12/06/07 - Bowling, Wild Arms PS1, GTA4 trailer, MGS4 TGS trailer, themes

I don't own a PS3 anymore, so it's going to be a bitch trying to get some of these old downloadable PSOne games onto my new PSP. :(

Sony's still setting up a PSP store eventually, right?

evolution

disappeared said:
I don't own a PS3 anymore, so it's going to be a bitch trying to get some of these old downloadable PSOne games onto my new PSP. :(

Sony's still setting up a PSP store eventually, right?
Why not just get them from the playstation store on the PC?

Dear PSN Team

Thank you for not putting up Puzzle Fighter and Everyday Shooter on the Euro/Aussie store. We actually don't like good games and we await *insert licensed rubbish here*. Hopefully *insert licensed rubbish game* has lots and lots of DLC.

Thanks

Dizzan

MINI Member
Bearillusion said:
Dear PSN Team

Thank you for not putting up Puzzle Fighter and Everyday Shooter on the Euro/Aussie store. We actually don't like good games and we await *insert licensed rubbish here*. Hopefully *insert licensed rubbish game* has lots and lots of DLC.

Thanks

Why don't you just set up a US account? I'm from Oz and buy heaps of shit from the US store.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Tntnnbltn said:
No American credit card?

You don't need it. I use a Westpac Master card. Works fine.

I have Pain, and Everyday shooter. Plus I've bought a bunch of other games before they were released on the Oz store.

jyx

Just make a fake US account, buy the games you want with your creditcard. Works like a charm. This did not work before, now it does. Downloading hvbowling and sotn right now!

ram

ergh - we can all agree, that us accounts arent a bad thing on psn, but with the banning of all the virtual debit cards and the now - screw up of normal debit cards, sony should just get their act together and release the games in europe.

I picked up the bowling game . . . not bad.

But like Pain, it seems a bit unpolished . . . unfinished. I've already run into bugs such as it displaying the wrong name of players after completing a game, displaying the wrong score, and display "Winner" and "Loser" over both players.

But it is a decent Wii Sports bowling clone with much better graphics and more personality in the players since they actually say things occasionally.

Steroyd

Okay my bad, my bad, I've been sitting on this news all day.

This should be under the jurisdiction of bumping old threads plzdontbanme<3umods. :)

Sony has been in touch to say that Warhawk expansion pack Operation Omega Dawn will be released on PlayStation Network next Thursday, 20th December.

The pack will cost GBP 3.99. It's set to cost USD 7.99 in North America.

Omega Dawn brings with it five new night-time maps, good for all the usual game-types, and a KT-424 Combat Dropship which can transport seven soldiers as well as a vehicle and pilot.

The full Warhawk - released on PSN in August and on Blu-ray in September - is a multiplayer third-person shooter where you can use planes, tanks, jeeps and your feet to kill each other.
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=89241

A new date to put on the calendar Tanod.

pswii60

Steroyd said:

This should be under the jurisdiction of bumping old threads plzdontbanme<3umods. :)

A new date to put on the calculator Tanod.

Calculator? :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
Steroyd said:

A new date to put on the calendar Tanod.

*returning from final's hell*

The thread was only a couple days old when you bumped at. Hardly ban worthy, I'd think.

Anyways, I stopped keeping track of what DLC was coming. The release dates are too fluid and the prices are often unannounced until the last moment. Keeping track of it all is time consuming and borderline worthless to people since the information usually comes from rumors.

Zoe

Well, since this got bumped...

Is Wild Arms getting a little buggy for anybody? Sometimes the battle animations are glitchy and the sound effects will drop out. It might have started around the halfway point, but it really became obvious after the part where Rudy
chops his arm off

So I just got my PS3 this week, you guys do a new PSN Content thread for each week sorta thing? Sweet.

I'm a little disappointed 2 games I wanted to get aren't even available to me (I'm from New Zealand). I had no idea they were so different region wise. :(

How difficult is it to make up a US account? Are there any probs with it? Dangerous etc? Can I get banned or anything? :lol

I've already got SotN on Xbox and although I don't really want to start again, I bloody well hate the d-pad and how much noise my disc drive makes on that thing - the PS3 is sweet in both of those departments so I figure its worth it. :D

I got Mortal Kombat II and did I read correctly its 250MB? :\ Isn't that kinda big for a 'classic game'?

Loudninja

Conrad Link said:
So I just got my PS3 this week, you guys do a new PSN Content thread for each week sorta thing? Sweet.

I'm a little disappointed 2 games I wanted to get aren't even available to me (I'm from New Zealand). I had no idea they were so different region wise. :(

How difficult is it to make up a US account? Are there any probs with it? Dangerous etc? Can I get banned or anything? :lol

I've already got SotN on Xbox and although I don't really want to start again, I bloody well hate the d-pad and how much noise my disc drive makes on that thing - the PS3 is sweet in both of those departments so I figure its worth it. :D

I got Mortal Kombat II and did I read correctly its 250MB? :\ Isn't that kinda big for a 'classic game'?

Its very easy to make and US account,no problems that I know of,and its not dangerous :D

Dante

Conrad Link said:

It's Easy
Nope, u wont get banned.

Also SOTN is better on the PS3, it will scale it, has the cutescenes, and you can transfer to PSP.

the_id

Conrad Link said:

NZ follows EU contents. SCEE updates for PSN are embarassing compared to what SCEA or SCEJ does for the PSN. I still don't get why different regions are independent from each other.

Making a US account is easy. You just need to think of an address, and then google for its ZIP code. That's it. For getting PSN games from the US store, you may need a credit card that works with the US account. I think Mastercards work. Visa don't. but i could be wrong. I only download stuff from the NZ store anyway.

Oh yeah, I'm from sunny bitchy dunedin!

tanod

when is my burrito
@Conrad:

Even if you live in New Zealand, it is still worth setting up a United Kingdom account as well for PAL content.

M3wThr33

Banned
I took an hour or two a few days ago and unified all my PSN accounts.
Rather than tying each account to a different email address, I made it THINK it was was a different email address.

IE: ChrisG@ is for the US and Chris.G@ is for the australian store.

I tried it before that, but the stores weren't all unified yet. They are now. (store.playstation.com)

Hmm, how do you get the credit card part working with creating a American account? It wont let me change the country billing address. ;(

Am I doing something wrong or will my Mastercard just not let me do that?

tanod

when is my burrito
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8920000#post8920000

I included (what I hope is) a handy guide for people who live outside Japan and want to pick up GT5: Prologue.

-FYI: Some people's credit cards DO work on foreign stores with an incorrect address.

To get GT5: Prologue off the Japan Store:
Note that I have not done this but I have tried to go through as much of the buying process as possible without having my own PSN Card. You're on your own after step 6.
This is not an all-inclusive guide and I am not responsible for any mistakes you make in the buying process.
1) Set up a Japan Store account. Alternate guide here.
2) Try your credit card on the Japanese Store or buy a Japanese PSN card HERE or HERE or HERE or HERE or HERE or HERE or HERE or
HERE or HERE. (see additional notes about this step below)
3) Select GT5: Prologue and Add it to your cart.
4) Go to check out and start by clicking the option on the right.
5) Continue clicking until you get to a page with 3 options.
6) Pick the third option and enter your PSN Card code.
7) Finish the checkout process and download the game when you see the list with GT5: Prologue in it.

NCSX importers email you the code and don't charge shipping. When ordering, the freight charges that show initially will only disappear shortly before you get to the final checkout page. NCSX also currently appears to be out of stock of 3000 yen cards.

Playasia DOES charge for shipping and you have to wait a few days to get your card. However, they have more options for the denominations.

Crisis

Banned
tanod said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8920000#post8920000

I included (what I hope is) a handy guide for people who live outside Japan and want to pick up GT5: Prologue.

-FYI: Some people's credit cards DO work on foreign stores with an incorrect address.

To get GT5: Prologue off the Japan Store:
Note that I have not done this but I have tried to go through as much of the buying process as possible without having my own PSN Card. You're on your own after step 6.
This is not an all-inclusive guide and I am not responsible for any mistakes you make in the buying process.
1) Set up a Japan Store account. Alternate guide here.
2) Try your credit card on the Japanese Store or buy a Japanese PSN card HERE or HERE or HERE or HERE or HERE or HERE or HERE or
HERE or HERE. (see additional notes about this step below)
3) Select GT5: Prologue and Add it to your cart.
4) Go to check out and start by clicking the option on the right.
5) Continue clicking until you get to a page with 3 options.
6) Pick the third option and enter your PSN Card code.
7) Finish the checkout process and download the game when you see the list with GT5: Prologue in it.

NCSX importers email you the code and don't charge shipping. When ordering, the freight charges that show initially will only disappear shortly before you get to the final checkout page. NCSX also currently appears to be out of stock of 3000 yen cards.

Playasia DOES charge for shipping and you have to wait a few days to get your card. However, they have more options for the denominations.

Thank you tanod. You have endless patience for people who can't read the first post week after week. :lol

Top Bottom