• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 5/31/07 (Folklore Demo - JPN, Resistance Maps & WW servers)

BuddyC

Ranger X said:
Big fat question:

I'm at a boss with the girl. I don't read japanese and they explain to me how to collect the boss' soul.
Can someone explain to me how to achieve that? I press all the buttons, shake the controler, i appear to be too stoopid to figure it out :(
When the soul dips down and turns red, yank the controller.

jiggle

Ranger X said:
Big fat question:

I'm at a boss with the girl. I don't read japanese and they explain to me how to collect the boss' soul.
Can someone explain to me how to achieve that? I press all the buttons, shake the controler, i appear to be too stoopid to figure it out :(

Hold R1 to grab the soul.
WHenever it turns red, tilt ur control.

Repeat until its lifebar turns blue.

slade

Ranger X said:
Big fat question:

I pressed R1 to shoot out the beam that locks onto the soul. After that you have to tilt the controller to draw the soul to you.

Mixed emotions with Folklore. After gaming trough the hole demo, i realy liked it. But i had to conquer my self after the first 2-4 minutes of play to hold on the pad... I think they just give us a glance of what to come in terms of creatures and ambiance. Regarding the cutscene (comic-style) and the video (with voice) this demo was packed "long" time ago. Looking forward to the posts on NeoGaf when the game is released in nippon.

disc

Banned
ThirdEye said:
How? PS Eye is not an ordinary webcam.

Hohoho :)

It has a microphone array and supports 640x480 at 60 fps. That's all. The code in both of those interactive screensavers only really care about framebuffer differences, they don't utilize the microphone (they didn't use to at least).

There is no magic spray with Playstation Particles :)

Ranger X

peacemountain said:
Regarding the cutscene (comic-style) and the video (with voice) this demo was packed "long" time ago.

You mean you think the version of the demo is old? The FMV cutscenes have been removed so the demo doesn't weight too much. It is not because the version of the game is old (even if it certainly isn't the lastest!)

Ranger X said:
The FMV cutscenes have been removed so the demo doesn't weight too much.
That may be a reasonable answer, thanks.

On the other side, if i were a game distributor, i would give out a demo that has those wow-affects on the gamer. I am not saying, that Folklore was bad, but i realy had to stick to the pad because i wanted to play that demo. If i had stopped after the first minutes, the game would be reminded as disappointment.

Yixian

Banned
Voice acting and ingame cutscenes were probably not complete at the time the demo was compiled, and what was there of them would have been too big for a demo download - I mean it was already 1gb.

That'll almost certainly all be there in the final.

Forsete

Gold Member
Here is the "new" games from the PSN Montage video.

http://files.filefront.com/nyaspelwmv/;7667903;/fileinfo.html

game1.jpg

game2.jpg

game3.jpg

game4.jpg

game5.jpg

Wollan

Aqua Vita to be the best screensaver ever. :lol But it's really impressive to see the lighting in action as well as the fish movement in the trailer. Here's to hoping this is a new feature for the XMB where you can have advanced screensavers such as this start (Yeah I know, Folding@Home).

Forsete

Gold Member
Wollan said:
Aqua Vita to be the best screensaver ever. :lol But it's really impressive to see the lighting in action as well as the fish movement in the trailer. Here's to hoping this is a new feature for the XMB where you can have advanced screensavers such as this start (Yeah I know, Folding@Home).

Wollan, Akvavit rings a bell? I only think of alcohol when I see the Aqua Vita name. ;P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akvavit

slade said:
That's like comparing Onimusha to Ninja Gaiden. Folklore is about atmosphere, story, presentation and the RPG and monster hunting aspects. It really has very little in common with the hardcore action games like DMC and Ninja Gaiden.

folkssoul is failing hard on the presentation front. i hope that the stuff seen in that promo trailer won't just be the intro to the retail game...

disc

Banned
WickedLaharl said:
folkssoul is failing hard on the presentation front. i hope that the stuff seen in that promo trailer won't just be the intro to the retail game...

Do you call that failing?

jiggle

Forsete said:
Here is the "new" games from the PSN Montage video.

http://files.filefront.com/nyaspelwmv/;7667903;/fileinfo.html

Thanks

Aqua Vita is looking so much better on my monitor. Too bad it's just a small tank... If only Sega can get an Ecco game out that looks like that >.>

Wow, i just noticed the human reflection off the tank, and the fish is reacting to the guy's hand movement.

There needs to be a trophy of this (or furniture) for Home that jumps directly to this view...

spwolf

disc said:
Hohoho :)

It has a microphone array and supports 640x480 at 60 fps. That's all. The code in both of those interactive screensavers only really care about framebuffer differences, they don't utilize the microphone (they didn't use to at least).

There is no magic spray with Playstation Particles :)

ok, show me something similar... please do... and for less than $60. 60-120fps, 4mics inside.

please.

Raist

Banned
Just watched the PSN trailer.

CAC, Warhawk, Home, PS1 games, Aquavita and skyblue... etc.

Nice to show us stuff we won't get until months... or stuff which is available everywhere, except in europe... :/

Wollan

Funny that the Home trailer is still missing from the EU store. Alongside game trailers like R&C, Uncharted...etc. How hard can it be.

With that said, that PSN montage is probably the best video yet on any PS Store. It's a big collected awareness trailer that I have been craving.

Yixian

Banned
Raist said:
Just watched the PSN trailer.

CAC, Warhawk, Home, PS1 games, Aquavita and skyblue... etc.

Nice to show us stuff we won't get until months... or stuff which is available everywhere, except in europe... :/

I heard this guy is in charge of the PSN.

sleepi55.jpg

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Aqua Vita and Sky Blue are supposed to have PS Eye support, IIRC. What exactly that entails, I've no idea..they don't exactly look like typical eyetoy games.

edit - oops, it seems the trailers might show was is involved :p haven't watched yet, downloading now..

Defuser

Wollan said:
Funny that the Home trailer is still missing from the EU store. Alongside game trailers like R&C, Uncharted...etc. How hard can it be.

With that said, that PSN montage is probably the best video yet on any PS Store. It's a big collected awareness trailer that I have been craving.
Well uh...English is not first priority in Germany,France.etc.etc

disc

Banned
spwolf said:
ok, show me something similar... please do... and for less than $60. 60-120fps, 4mics inside.

please.

There are other Eye titles on the way that will require the 60 fps in 640x480. These two interactive screensavers are not the ones though.

In Sky Blue you control the flying.

Lain

Defuser said:
Well uh...English is not first priority in Germany,France.etc.etc

What do you mean?
The majority of the trailers on my store (Italian store) aren't dubbed or subbed, they have English audio and only a few are either dubbed or subbed.
Altho this is changing, yesterday the new(old) SP3 trailer(SD only) was dubbed!
As well as the POTC3 one 2 weeks ago.

Vashu

Lol! Way to go SCE Netherlands. Sure, post the PSN trailer everybody keeps talking about on the Store, but don't put it anywhere in the NEW section. No, let people try and find it in the Video-section. Smart move! :lol

Goldrusher

Vashu said:
Lol! Way to go SCE Netherlands. Sure, post the PSN trailer everybody keeps talking about on the Store, but don't put it anywhere in the NEW section. No, let people try and find it in the Video-section. Smart move! :lol

Just curious, dubbed or subbed ?

KurowaSan

they really have to fix this, even if you don't see the items on Featured Items, on the US and JP store, you get the What's New list on the right of the screen when you open it. On the European store, i always have to go to Games>Full Games in order to get the **** list.

Vashu

Goldrusher said:
Just curious, dubbed or subbed ?

Well, it says Dutch.. So I reckon it's hideously dubbed, just like they did with the abysmal F1 Making off. Holy crap that was abysmal...

But I'm gonna see it now. So more about that later. :D

Edit: Only the words are in Dutch, and luckily noone talks. So you're in the clear with this one. But now I can't keep that horrible horrible Dutch dub out of my head. Damn you Sony, why did you have to do that? Just add subtitles! Everybody (well, your target demographic) can read subtitles! Do you take us for fools?! :lol

AVclub

So what is up with FolksSoul? Japanese games are usually weird, but when I stumbled upon this, just a few minutes after starting it:

thrust.gif

...I mean WTH!? Is that a branch in your pocket or are you just happy to be talking with a chick in a plaid skirt?

tanod

when is my burrito
Regarding Folklore, if you haven't seen the trailer yet on the Japanese store, that is basically what is going to be in place of the comic book style placeholders that are there right now.

Trailer has English dialogue and Japanese subs.

AVclub

I'm not asking about the play style or what cutscenes will be like. I'm saying WTF is up with that scarecrow smuggling zucchinis? I kind of liked the demo, until I got up to the part where you had to yank the giant bird's soul out of its body.

disc

Banned
tanod said:
Regarding Folklore, if you haven't seen the trailer yet on the Japanese store, that is basically what is going to be in place of the comic book style placeholders that are there right now.

Trailer has English dialogue and Japanese subs.

Why do people say that the comic book presentation which is really well made is placeholder?

Aeon712

I liked the bird fight the most, and I finally watched the PSN video from the EU Store and it has to be the best video package I've seen from Sony. I wish the store demo units weren't locked on demo mode or I'd upload the video to my store kiosk.

tanod

when is my burrito
disc said:
Why do people say that the comic book presentation which is really well made is placeholder?

Because it is, so the demo wouldn't be 2 or 3 gigs with VA and movies. Check the trailer. They are the (almost) same scenes that appear in the demo. The comic book is nicely presented but the cut scenes are there. The comic book panels just make it a nicely presented demo.

Top Bottom