• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN down due to unannounced maintenance?

GGRC6Sx.jpg

But seriously, fuck this.

Yea that guy. .

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Very frustrating.

Especially as Battlefront is my main game now. Can't sync, so can't get my account on, which means I can't at least play the single player filler to grind some credits. Grumble.

RdN

What's up with people claiming PSN was hacked? Is there anything that might lead us to think that?

Usually the sale prices don't start disappearing until around 3PM EST on Tuesdays, so you should be good - assuming it's up by tomorrow. If it's not then they'll probably extend the sale like the usually do.

Yeah true, hopefully it's up sooner rather than later =/

This is annoying as fuck.

Didn't really care when it used to happen last gen because it was a free service. Just paid £15 for 3 months of PSN yesterday smh.

WITHE1982

What's up with people claiming PSN was hacked? Is there anything that might lead us to think that?

Nothing TBH. Just panic station due to time of year and the maintenance being unscheduled. I'm sure Sony are a lot more prepared than last time.

Dunno but it's funny to see. A DDoS attack happens and people think their data is at risk. Sad that people still fucking DDoS to prove a point though. Sad lives they must live.

jaaz

It's not paranoia. I have good to believe PSN was hacked. My CC information was compromised overnight U.S. EST and attempts were made to make purchases on PSN. Unless this is all an amazing coincidence, PSN was hacked.

Maybe, if we're lucky and Sony gives enough of a shit, they're migrating all user accounts and content over to a non-shitty network infrastructure.

RootCause

It's not paranoia. I have good to believe PSN was hacked. My CC information was compromised overnight U.S. EST and attempts were made to make purchases on PSN. Unless this is all an amazing coincidence, PSN was hacked.
For real? Damn. Sorry to hear that. I've always used gift cards because of hacking concerns.

RhyDin

What actually is affected by this? I was in party chat with my friend last night (after midnight EST) and we were doing game sharing fine - I realize that's P2P, though.

Might be a hack. A friend of mine's PSN account was compromised, its now tied to a different console than his own. He's been on and off the phone about it for the past two days.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
People are pretty quick to jump to conclusions.

Not trying to discredit what you are saying but if PSN was hacked and CCs were compromised, then more people would have come out and said it.

jaaz

If you have a credit card on file with PSN, it would be a good idea to check the purchases or pending purchases/attempts made on it since last night.

didevol

ddos != security breach

jaaz

Not trying to discredit what you are saying but if PSN was hacked and CCs were compromised, then more people would have come out and said it.

Like I said, it could be a coincidence on my end. But it would be one hell of a coincidence.

Top Bottom