• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Hack Update: FAQs in OP, Read before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

Benedict said:
What I mean is that it's not a regular sunday, it's May 1st, labor day.

Which is quite a big "holiday/event" in parts of the world.
And the news coverage will be mostly concentrated on the different political statements and events that occur that day.

US Labor Day is in September.

In Japan, they just started Golden Week. Sunday is actually the best day because 4/29, 5/3, 5/4, and 5/5 are all holidays.

Luckyman said:
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

Cyport

I want the opportunity to change my sub account into a master, it's been too long and all because I didn't lie about my age when I got the PS3..

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
yencid said:
D: werent those on PSN+ already? Or was it spyro?

They are on the PSN store, but since I don't like the Uncharted games, I'd rather have Sony just give me Crash 1-3 for free :p

Or have PD make a new Motor Toon GP. Please, Kaz?

Sblargh

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Isn't it patented by MS?

I don't know, buried somewhere in this thread, someone asked for it on the PS blog and a mod or something said they were going to implement it... or something.

[Nintex]

lawblob said:
Kaz to announce PS4
Wouldn't surprise me if both MS and Sony would follow up Nintendo's next-gen announcements with their own new consoles soon.

Sony stock went down 5% so they've got to adress some of the shareholders' concerns.

It's going to be funny when the next backlash deems the compensation not enough. I genuinely hope for Sony's sake they have something decent planned and bite the bullet.

How about a free copy of Outland?

RPGCrazied

If we get anything, its not going to be much. A free avatar or Premium theme. I wouldn't mind a free game either, but I'm just thinking realistically.

RPGCrazied said:
If we get anything, its not going to be much. A free avatar or Premium theme. I wouldn't mind a free game either, but I'm just thinking realistically.

The backlash would be enormous, and they can't afford anymore. It's already expected that we'll be getting a free game, so that's what they have to offer. At the least.

Loudninja

get2sammyb said:
The backlash would be enormous, and they can't afford anymore. It's already expected that we'll be getting a free game, so that's what they have to offer. At the least.
It doesn't matter what it is is will still be alot of backlash.

Combichristoffersen

get2sammyb said:

Calling All Cars free for every PSN user

Loudninja said:
It doesn't matter what it is is will still be alot of backlash.

I guess you're right. I suppose I'm just suggesting that the gesture has to be good enough to minimise as much backlash as possible, and hopefully make a few people say, "Oh, that's pretty cool," in order to help them to move on, y'know?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
get2sammyb said:

Don't think a free game will do. They need to offer something of equal value to anyone, and one (or multiple) games wouldn't cut cos one might either have it (them/some of them) already or not being interested in it/them.

I think a free 1yr PS+/Qriocity subscription to anyone, plus an extra free 1yr to those already in would be a better offer. It's valuable to anyone, and would actually help in keeping people from fleeing the services altogether.

I said 1yr but it might be 6 or 3 months. Depends on how much revenue Sony is willing to lose.

Loudninja

TTP said:
Don't think a free game will do. They need to offer something of equal value to anyone, and one (or multiple) games wouldn't cut cos one might either have it (them/some of them) already or not being interested in it/them.

I think a free 1yr PS+/Qriocity subscription to anyone, plus an extra free 1yr to those already in would be a better offer. It's valuable to anyone, and would actually help in keeping people from fleeing the services altogether.
This have the backlash will start some people expecting way much.

Combichristoffersen

Free PSN+ would be nice, but there's no chance in Hell they'd do that. We'll get a free game I'd wager, probably either some shitty game no one would pay money for anyway (Pain, Calling All Cars) or some PS1 Classic game.

[Nintex]

I don't think they're going to hand out that much 'freebies'. This is more about putting the speculation and rumors to rest and telling people what's really out there and what they managed to secure. As well as adressing concerns from third parties and PSN publishers. Any 'compensation' for gamers is probably up to SCEA/SCEE.

TTP said:

I said 1yr but it might be 6 months. Depends on how much revenue Sony is willing to lose.

Totally agree with the logic there, but cannot see them doing a year of PSN+. Even six months sounds too much. But it actually might be a devious way of getting people into the Store front again, and also hooking them into resubscribing to PSN+ so very possible.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
get2sammyb said:
Totally agree with the logic there, but cannot see them doing a year of PSN+. Even six months sounds too much. But it actually might be a devious way of getting people into the Store front again, and also hooking them into resubscribing to PSN+ so very possible.

Yeah, edited my post adding a 3 months options. :)

They might very well do this without asking people to submit CC data. Since it's free, there is no need. So people feel secure and by the time the free period ends some might be willing to pay for keeping the subscription.

Adding a PS+ exclusive cross game voice chat service to the mix would be even better :p

Combichristoffersen said:
Free PSN+ would be nice, but there's no chance in Hell they'd do that. We'll get a free game I'd wager, probably either some shitty game no one would pay money for anyway (Pain, Calling All Cars) or some PS1 Classic game.

I think a month of PSN+ is satisfying, what other way to restore confidence in the psn? (though would it only go to master accounts or something?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom