• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale (NA) - Attack of the Blockbuster

george_us

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Editioni s $50~ on Amazon... $20 here. Anyone have a link to a good review of it? The game piques my interest.
Game has one of the best RPG combat systems ever and same fantastic quests. Pretty lengthy too. I'd grab it.

How are the bioshock remasters and Dragon age?

Dragon Age is garbage unless you like MMO style quests with somehow worse than MMO combat. There's really no redeeming qualities in that game, not even the graphics are great.

Might cop Metro or Need For Speed. Is the NFS game any good for single player content only?

DOWN

Banned
DAI was one of GAF’s top 5 games in 2014. It’s pretty for its time and has some good production values around the main campaign. I enjoyed it but the side quests aren’t good.

BioShock games are amazing and the remasters are the best way to play them on consoles.

danthefan

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Editioni s $50~ on Amazon... $20 here. Anyone have a link to a good review of it? The game piques my interest.

This is all you need - if you're interested in an isometric RPG with GOAT tier turn based combat then buy it, buy it right now.

lonerism

Jesus, the hate towards DA:I here is unbelievable

I mean... Origins is a superior game in every way, but Inquisition isn't a bad game

Do yourself a favor and try a Knight enchanter mage build, you'll be laughing until the end of the game. The combat is just too good
But yeah, just let's forget about some quests and that horrible final boss... At least Trespasser DLC fixed it

I wish PSN had gifting because I'd buy Odin Sphere for anyone who has never played it.

Vanillaware = Gods

I'll take a $20 card to buy it. Thank you!

I think it'll be just the Battlefront season pass for me, I'm short on money right now, and maybe I'll borrow some money for Odin Sphere.

Not sure if this is best place to ask.

But wanna buy dragon age complete edition, however I already have main game on physical, and I played for a bit a long time ago. Was only about 4 or 5 hours so not worried about loosing save.

How do I go about changing it to digital?

danthefan

But wanna buy dragon age complete edition, however I already have main game on physical, and I played for a bit a long time ago. Was only about 4 or 5 hours so not worried about loosing save.

I don't really understand what you're asking. If it's not the save, then change what to digital? If you want the digital version of the game just buy it and download it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Man, Guardians of the Galaxy is already 11$ and it's not even done releasing yet. Talk about a bomb.

Eh, that always tends to happen with these series. By episode 3 or 4 release the seasons always get stupid cheap on discount. Sales numbers don't stay flat afterall throughout the run and this helps win people in as media attention dies off after episode 1 releases.

SlickVic

Dragon Age Inquisition has a solid main story and a pretty strong cast of characters IMO. Enjoyed the combat quite a bit. It does have some rather boring side quests that feel like filler though. I did play it before the Witcher 3, so I do wonder if I'd look back at DA:I quite as fondly if I had played it after that game. I just loved so much about The Witcher 3 and how incredible that game's writing could be even in the smaller side quests.

Eh, that always tends to happen with these series. By episode 3 or 4 release the seasons always get stupid cheap on discount. Sales numbers don't stay flat afterall throughout the run and this helps win people in as media attention dies off after episode 1 releases.

I bought Batman for 15$ a month after the last episode came out(a 40% discount too), and I don't think it's had a significant drop since, but I'm not sure. From what I can tell, it was the same with Minecraft, a 50% drop 2 months after the last episode released. This is only on episode 3, which is coming next week, not even out yet, and it's cheaper than Batman and Minecraft. That's not good.

Maybe it's just that all of their games do poorly, except Batman, Minecraft, and Walking Dead.

Picked up FFVII. Might swing back and grab the Talos Principle as well. Still trying to get through a couple more backlog games before I add more.

Remk

How s the story/setting of Grand Kingdom?

I liked the gameplay on the demo but didnt get a good feel for the rest

kirblar

GG Revelator is the full game right or you need to buy Sign first?
Because 6 bucks looks really cheap
6+ the upgrade to Rev2, I think

Cautionary note: I don't know if the Rev2 upgrade includes all the Rev1 DLC characters and such. I wasn't sure so I just held off and bought Rev2 outright.

Homefront does have a demo you can download to try it out before you buy. I went through the most recent threads on this game and people do seem to like it quite a bit now as opposed to when it first shipped.

Yeah I played it. Limited access. I was on the fence just needed some input on people who played the full game.

DOWN

Banned
Dragon Age is garbage unless you like MMO style quests with somehow worse than MMO combat. There's really no redeeming qualities in that game, not even the graphics are great.

Might cop Metro or Need For Speed. Is the NFS game any good for single player content only?
You can’t pause and it’s not very guiding in how to progress best but it’s decent and has a good number of street race charm if you like the graphics and setting

Metro is two games and they’re both excellent and atmospheric shooters

BHK3

Banned
Still consistently bad deals. You could buy half those games on disc for way less, FFXHD being more than $10 is hilarious.

tootie923

The saves will work fine. You can download the DLCs separately and continue to use the disc, or go all digital and use your disc saves.

HarryKS

Anyone have those family pack games?

Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, RISK , Scrabbe etc?

How are they? Do you need a phone to play?

lupinko

6+ the upgrade to Rev2, I think

Cautionary note: I don't know if the Rev2 upgrade includes all the Rev1 DLC characters and such. I wasn't sure so I just held off and bought Rev2 outright.

No, the Rev 2 upgrade doesn't include Dizzy or Kum, and Raven is not unlocked with its purchase either.

dtcm83

Finally got Odin Sphere after waiting for so long for it to go on sale for a decent price. Got it for PS4 as my Vita has been acting up lately (think my 64gb mem card is dying). Am on a trip for the next week though so won't be able to try it out until I get home :-(

poodaddy

Recently got a perma ban on my PSN account so now I look forward to PSN sales to rebuild my library...what a sad existence lmao

Will definitely pick up a few of these
I'm immensely curious about the story here, but this isn't the thread for that.

I picked up the SFV battle costume bundle and I'm considering Divinity Original Sin but I already own it on X1. My question is, is Divinity notably better on PS4 than X1 in anyway? Like how much better is general performance and image quality or are they mostly comparable?

Assanova

With my backlog, I'm good. Going to wait in those holiday sales. I have more than enough games to tide me over until then. None of these deals really stand out to me.

Sygma

How's Metro? And how's the Bioshock Collection? I recall reading there was some technical issues with that one?

Metro 2033 didn't age well at all. Very few enemy variety and the gun sounds are really bad. They also lack of punch for the most part.

Last Light is alright as long as you don't mind a really bad scenario and well, aforementionned bad gun sounds / feedback. It just add some QTE and set pieces to the mix mostly.

For real tho, Sony go easy on my wallet. Just bought Lost legacy after getting Bloodborne GOTY edition / TLOU remastered / Patapon remastered and now I want Odin Sphere QQ

CD'S BAR

Anyone else have trouble accessing the Battlefront season pass? Game still has all the expansions locked for me.

edit: nevermind figured it out.

Bought Danganronpa 1+2 since I've been meaning to actually play them before Danganronpa V3 comes out. Even though I know what's happened since I watched/read Let's Play for both of them when it wasn't clear if they'd be coming to America or not - still wanted to actually play them myself.

Static state

Neo Member
Really considering picking up FIFA 17 at that price... Used to be a huge soccer fan as a kid(moved from Brazil to the US), but don't follow it much anymore. I am a pretty big sports fan, but mostly on offline franchise/career mode. Worth it on PS4Pro?

sense

Still consistently bad deals. You could buy half those games on disc for way less, FFXHD being more than $10 is hilarious.
#Sad #Fakenews

Maybe grand kingdom or Sherlock Holmes for me. Might hold off as uncharted is next week and then soon I will be sinking my teeth in destiny 2

Gonna pick up Danganronpa Reloaded and Sherlock Holmes and the Devil's Daughter. Don't wanna load up too much with Destiny 2 about to hit.

Top Bottom