• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashes

Banned
What is going on in this thread?

People getting drunk on Internet fame, Kagari being outed as a man... People getting drunk on... well so very many things.

ToyBroker

Banned
fernoca said:
I do hope that is not like last week, were they waited till late in Friday to say that "sorry we don't work during weekends, so keep waiting". :/

I'd rather wait and not see it come up then be told it's not coming up.

There's hope in on situation, sadness in another.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So next week huh? I was hoping to play some BFBC2 this weekend.
Bummer.

Diablos

I first referred to Kagari as "young man" in a chat room, so I suppose I can start feeling a little less dumb about that. :D

Kaizer

Banned
With the outage lasting this long, I have to wonder how much time will be spent discussing this at E3 and whether it's changed some of their plans for the schedule they had.

bigas

Fersis said:
So next week huh? I was hoping to play some BFBC2 this weekend.
Bummer.
I decided do get it in Steam. No PSN on the world will make me read books, watch tv or Get laid. EVAH!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kagari said:
Time for a new prediction.

I'll predict something: Kagari, the guy mod at Neogaf, will get famous in Kotaku/1up/Gamespot/IGN because PSN will be coming soon before the end of May. :p

i know it probably means nothing now, but somehow i got signed up for a "Premium Handset Protection Warranty" under my number.

I have no idea why i have it, or how i even got it

mufraka

Neo Member
Oni Jazar said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Well, Sony have learned from these threads -hi kaz- that people can be patient and are still having faith in them. I mean no one here killed someone or sold their PS3 in response to the outage... So yeah, they might postpone online play to the end of the month so that everything is brought back together (store/transactions/welcome-back offers/gameplay/etc.)

haha
:(

Ashes

Banned
The ads for this page have nothing to do with anything relevant. There's an offer for a burger at Southend; Southend being an hour's drive away makes that useless for me even if I did want a burger. But what the hell does it have to do with anything?

Edit: oh, what the hell. I'm gonna click on a few adverts anyhow.

Kaizer

Banned
Ashes1396 said:
The ads for this page have nothing to do with anything relevant. There's an offer for a burger at Southend; Southend being an hour's drive away makes that useless for me even if I did want a burger. But what the hell does it have to do with anything?
Obviously Southend has better security than PSN and they're trying to capitalize. You can rest assured your burgers will never be harmed by hackers when you eat at Southend.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
3rdman said:
Yeah, let's rally around the mega-corporation that took a big 'ole shit on their customers and removed functionality!
At this point it's safe to say that Other OS removal is practically nothing on the scale of wrongdoing compared to the damage caused to end user by this data theft and subsequent service shut down. Noone really cared about OtherOS, it was just a matter of principle. This on the other hand is something everyone used more or less on a daily basis, (not to mention the potential identity theft that some people could face over this).

Lord Error said:
At this point it's safe to say that Other OS removal is practically nothing on the scale of wrongdoing compared to the damage caused to end user by this data theft and subsequent service shut down. Noone really cared about OtherOS, it was just a matter of principle. This on the other hand is something everyone used more or less on a daily basis, (not to mention the potential identity theft that some people could face over this).
I agree with this. When you think about it, if Sony had just left otherOS in, more than likely they wouldn't have gotten hacked like this.

Ashes

Banned
Kaizer said:
Obviously Southend has better security than PSN and they're trying to capitalize. You can rest assured your burgers will never be harmed by hackers when you eat at Southend.

Oh, there's an ad for an xbox console healer. I kid you not. Let me refresh and see if it comes back. Yep, here it is.*

lol!

Well if we are going to lose our heads slightly, might as well make Neogaf some money as we do it.

Ps. I'm playing final fantasy XIII; can't find the official thread; I forgot how beautiful some of the locations were.

Edit:* the link said the heal xboxes, but at the website, they all the modern consoles. Why is xbox coming up in a psn thread? shouldn't it be ps3 healer or something?

Ashes1396 said:
Ps. I'm playing final fantasy XIII; can't find the official thread; I forgot how beautiful some of the locations were.
If there is one compliment I can give that game, it's that it is very beautiful.

NateDrake

Not really new information but I saw this on the PS European forums posted by the Community Team Moderator in the massive FAQ thread.

Thank you for your continued patience during this the PSN downtime. At the moment there is no specified time for the PSN return, although all efforts are being made to ensure this happens as soon as possible .

If there are any questions regarding the outage, please PM or Tweet me and I will put together some answers and guides when the PSN returns.

RabidWalker

Solstice said:
I agree with this. When you think about it, if Sony had just left otherOS in, more than likely they wouldn't have gotten hacked like this.

I agree with this. When you think about it, if Sony had never released the PS3, more than likely they wouldn't have gotten hacked like this.

staticneuron said:
I agree with this. When you think about it, if Sony had never released the PS3, more than likely they wouldn't have gotten hacked like this.
I agree with this. When you think about it, if Sony had never existed, more than likely they wouldn't have gotten hacked like this.

amidoinitrite.gif

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/developer-playstation-network-back-online-but-not-without-issues/3185/

Developer PlayStation Network Back Online, But Not Without Issues
Added by Patrick Klepek on May 13, 2011

It's baby steps for PlayStation Network, with developer sources informing me the developer version of PSN is online. Whatever steps Sony took to get PSN up and running, however, has broken some pieces.

Right now, developers are unable to register new accounts on PSN, only perform a recovery process on individual accounts. The problem? In order to facilitate testing, developers often created many, many dummy accounts with fake personal information. In order to recover an account, you need to know the personal information entered when the account was created. No surprise: most didn't write that down.

When reached for comment, Sony would not confirm the status of the developer-side PSN.

"We said in this post last week that we've begun internal restoration," said a spokesperson.

As I reported last night, PSN's three week hiatus has directly affected game development at several studios, as some have been unable to engage in active multiplayer testing for nearly a month now. As developers are able to bypass the login screen, shooters have been largely okay; those games connect to servers running independent of PSN. Games that access the friends list do not have the same option.

The continued issues have frustrated developers I've talked, too, while inspiring relief in others.

"I've never been more grateful to only work on single player games," said one developer

lol

Solstice said:
I agree with this. When you think about it, if Sony had never existed, more than likely they wouldn't have gotten hacked like this.

amidoinitrite.gif

You speak words of truthiness and wisdom.

I wonder what (if any) fundamental changes has been brought about by this downtime. I would imagine that things they had planned for slow integration could be sped up because of the downtime.

test_account

XP-39C²
Hanmik said:
you just killed PSN.. (filmed with shaky cam)

http://i.imgur.com/dxGDQ.gif
Nathan Drake didnt die there, only wounded, same situation with PSN hehe :\

3rdman said:
Yeah, let's rally around the mega-corporation that took a big 'ole shit on their customers and removed functionality! He should hug and kiss the giant corporate cock of obedience! Quick...someone get me a goat to sacrifice!
Personally i guess that his comment was mostly (or maybe only) based on the people who kinda mostly blamed Sony for this PSN hack (those "not good enough security! It is Sony's fault for getting hacked!" comments) and that this wasnt fair saying.

Ashes

Banned
Wario64 said:
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/developer-playstation-network-back-online-but-not-without-issues/3185/

Developer PlayStation Network Back Online, But Not Without Issues
Added by Patrick Klepek on May 13, 2011

It's baby steps for PlayStation Network, with developer sources informing me the developer version of PSN is online. Whatever steps Sony took to get PSN up and running, however, has broken some pieces.

lol

Wait... Kagari is Patrick Klepek? I thought Klepek was a guy?

Oh... now it all makes sense.

3rdman

Lord Error said:
At this point it's safe to say that Other OS removal is practically nothing on the scale of wrongdoing compared to the damage caused to end user by this data theft and subsequent service shut down. No one really cared about OtherOS, it was just a matter of principle. This on the other hand is something everyone used more or less on a daily basis, (not to mention the potential identity theft that some people could face over this).
Many cared but it's not worth rehashing...In any case, when Sony went sue-happy and did the blame game; all the while, not properly securing their online service, they've do nothing but prove their incompetence.

I feel for the people affected (I am one of them as well, by the way) but I won't feel sympathy for a corporation that should have listened to their customers...even the less savory ones.

LiK said:
Yup, the visual design is fine. It's the writing that kills it.
I could have even tolerated the writing. It was the absolute linearity of it that killed it for me. Hell, White Knight Chronicles had terrible fucking writing, but it was tolerable due to the open world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom