• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Not that it matters at the moment but do we even have a release date for the game?

Early June is about all I can assume.

According to XSeed, very soon after the store comes back.

Clipper

Hmm, that's strange. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the redeem code feature available through the us.playstation.com website was disabled all this time. It just let me enter the code and redeem my Reptile skin from MK, though... Is this a recent change or has code redeem always been working since they enabled website logins?

Unfortunately I'm not near my PS3 to see if redeeming the code allows for download of content or not...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Clipper said:
Hmm, that's strange. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the redeem code feature available through the us.playstation.com website was disabled all this time. It just let me enter the code and redeem my Reptile skin from MK, though... Is this a recent change or has code redeem always been working since they enabled website logins?

Unfortunately I'm not near my PS3 to see if redeeming the code allows for download of content or not...

It's been working ever since PSN went back up. You can't download though obviously, unless it's a PSP game

Clipper

Wario64 said:
It's been working ever since PSN went back up. You can't download though obviously, unless it's a PSP game
Thanks. I felt sure that I checked that feature the first time I noticed the site was accepting logins, but I guess I was mistaken.

Alej

Banned
I was on my PSP today... And i have access to the download list (in account manager) for things i have already purchased (Dl'd all my PS games for retro gaming all dayyyy, grandia FTW!). But i have no clue if it was just there all the time since the PSN is up. ^^ I'm very happy at the moment.

Edit: GF said that it was there yesterday too, she has dl'd some demos on her PSP. It doesnt function on our PS3 by the way.

edgefusion

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
PSN has never had an online store. What are you guys going on about?

I can just see their E3 conference now, "Ladies and gentlemen we have a very exciting new feature to introduce to you today.... the Playstation STORE!"

duckroll

It's really amazing how poorly handled this process has been on Sony's part.

21 Apr 2011 - PSN goes down worldwide.

22 Apr 2011 - Sony announces they're looking into it and might take a "day or two" to bring all services back online.

27 Apr 2011 - Sony announces that someone broke into PSN days before PSN was taken down, and might have stolen the personal information and credit card information of every single user on PSN.

1 May 2011 - Sony holds a press conference in Japan. Announces Welcome Back program. Promises that within a week basic services will be restored, with all services returning within the month.

15 May 2011 - Firmware 3.61 for PS3 is released. Phased restoration of basic PSN services begins in North America, Europe, Oceanic, and some Middle East regions. Kaz Hirai says sorry again. Promises everything will be restored by the end of May.

27 May 2011 - Phased restoration of basic PSN services continues in Japan and most Asian countries. Welcome Back program announced for these regions.

31 May 2011 - PSN in Hong Kong and South Korea is still not restored. There is no announcement or indication yet of the PS Store returning. The PS Store has been down for over 5 weeks. It has missed 5 weeks of updates in the US, Europe and Japan. It has missed 6 weeks of updates in Asia because it went down just before the update for that week on 21 Apr.

This is amazing!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
edgefusion said:
I can just see their E3 conference now, "Ladies and gentlemen we have a very exciting new feature to introduce to you today.... the Playstation STORE!"

If they do this to get a cheap pop from the crowd I will be pissed. I'd hope the crowd would boo the living daylights out of them.

okenny

Banned
Man this is so fucked :/

I'm seriously taking notes this E3. I want to see how a company "saves face" after a run like this. A total re-branding?

It seems like Sony services just needs to be more decentralized. This would never have been this bad had the problem been intermittent between regions and services. This "everything-from-the-top" method of running organization has got to die.

okenny

Banned
Plinko said:
If they do this to get a cheap pop from the crowd I will be pissed. I'd hope the crowd would boo the living daylights out of them.

We need to band together and show our support. This may sound a bit corny but it would be cool if a team took a "We love PSN" banner into the press conference and unfurled it when someone heckles. We can break the team into three parts:

Team 1 (Daxter Team): Holds up the banner

Team 2 (Butler Team): Listening carefully for hecklers. Should one happen, there like a finely tuned distributed sensory network that immediately stands and points to the hecklers so that Sony security can sweep in.

Team 3 (Cell Team): If there's a heckler should attempt to derail the presentation, what Sony needs the most is our support. Cell Team will yell at the stage things like
  • We love you Sony
  • We Love Jack
  • We support our network!
...you get the gist ^_^

No true Playstation would come into that conference with ill intentions. The people who do this are haters sent by other conferences but together we can show them there in Sony's house now!

maskrider

duckroll said:

22 Apr 2011 - Sony announces they're looking into it and might take a "day or two" to bring all services back online.

27 Apr 2011 - Sony announces that someone broke into PSN days before PSN was taken down, and might have stolen the personal information and credit card information of every single user on PSN.

1 May 2011 - Sony holds a press conference in Japan. Announces Welcome Back program. Promises that within a week basic services will be restored, with all services returning within the month.

15 May 2011 - Firmware 3.61 for PS3 is released. Phased restoration of basic PSN services begins in North America, Europe, Oceanic, and some Middle East regions. Kaz Hirai says sorry again. Promises everything will be restored by the end of May.

27 May 2011 - Phased restoration of basic PSN services continues in Japan and most Asian countries. Welcome Back program announced for these regions.

31 May 2011 - PSN in Hong Kong and South Korea is still not restored. There is no announcement or indication yet of the PS Store returning. The PS Store has been down for over 5 weeks. It has missed 5 weeks of updates in the US, Europe and Japan. It has missed 6 weeks of updates in Asia because it went down just before the update for that week on 21 Apr.

This is amazing!

So long, I've been looking too hard, I've been waiting too long
Sometimes I don't know what I will find, I only know it's a matter of time ...

Really sooooo long, without PSN (I'm in HK).

And no stores (in any continent) yet ... with or without VPN, I cannot get the PSP VC3 DLC that I've been longing for ...

I need to give Ubisoft some of my money but I can't. Why does Sony hate us :(

Link1110 said:
Do I have to wait for PS Store to be up to get my free games, or is there some other place to do that?
Well the only place you can download games is the PSN store...

plc268

duckroll said:

This is amazing!

It appears that now that steam is on the PS3, sony got infected with "valve time."

It's the only explanation.

Glix

Wario64 said:

Or a PSone game? I'm downloading Suikoden (sp?) onto my PSP right now. Its taking FOREVER!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Quick comment

Anyone worried the longer the store "Re-Opening" delay, the more of a CLUSTERFUCK the updates to the store are going to be

I mean we have missed like 5+ store updates, almost now 1.5 month of PSN+ updates

Good lord, how are they gonna cram all this shit (you know some titles will get lost in the shuffle + the Welcome back package equals free games, so that takes away from the new games being offered)

I mean if they do every 2 updates per week, lets say a Tuesday/Wednesday + Thursday/Friday Scenario....you still would need 3 fucking weeks just for the store to "catch up"

I mean E3 is just around the corner, 6 days, is Sony really gonna do montages and do Sales talk and boast about it's PSN network and how much they make, when they can't even get their own fucking store running

DesertEater said:
I read it as "STORE IS UP" hehehe. One more day god damn it.

I don't think the Store will be up by Wednesday, they would've announced it if it was. The big maintenance might be to test some features of the Store, or put it on for a couple of hours to test things.

cRIPticon

GeoramA said:
By the end of May, huh?

Looks like another example of incompetence or an outright lie to throw on the pile.

I know, right? Massive and crippling security breaches that require new solutions to be implemented while dealing with other attacks, rebuilding systems, testing, performing system forensics and dealing with other outages, globally, is easy peasy and any high schooler with a LAMP stack and some torrented firewall software could have had this whole thing resolved in a week!

Stupid Sony and their lies. We all know they enjoy keeping us from using their services and not making any money while pissing off their dev partners. They are probably laughing about it right now! *SIGH*

GraveRobberX said:
Quick comment

Anyone worried the longer the store "Re-Opening" delay, the more of a CLUSTERFUCK the updates to the store are going to be

I mean we have missed like 5+ store updates, almost now 1.5 month of PSN+ updates

Good lord, how are they gonna cram all this shit (you know some titles will get lost in the shuffle + the Welcome back package equals free games, so that takes away from the new games being offered)

I mean if they do every 2 updates per week, lets say a Tuesday/Wednesday + Thursday/Friday Scenario....you still would need 3 fucking weeks just for the store to "catch up"

I mean E3 is just around the corner, 6 days, is Sony really gonna do montages and do Sales talk and boast about it's PSN network and how much they make, when they can't even get their own fucking store running

I'm definitely worried about this.

Then again this might benefit me(as a reviewer) since there's a chance more review codes will go out as publishers scramble to get anything out there that might help sell some games. Then again it might not because my schedule is completely shot just with what's on my plate at the current.

UberTag

ferr said:
Yeah I'm starting to have doubts about PSN Store being up by the end of May.
But Sony is so good at underpromising and meeting both their internal and publicized target dates.
I simply can't fathom that the PS Store won't be up tomorrow with everything back to normal.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
UberTag said:
But Sony is so good at underpromising and meeting both their internal and publicized target dates.
I simply can't fathom that the PS Store won't be up tomorrow with everything back to normal.
Sarcasm! I am so smrt.

kpx0

Banned
the ugly thing is that when (if) PSN Store finally does open, the 20+ million gamers trying to download their 2 free games at the same time are going to shut down PSN again... its going to be like a Walmart during Black Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom