• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVita cases revealed [Size Comparison To DS/PSP Cases]

Midou

Definitely too big. I understand that maybe they want to end up in your line of sight as you're walking around a game store, but still.

Should have gone with something like the 3/DS cases but less wide.

Gravijah

Midou said:
Definitely too big. I understand that maybe they want to end up in your line of sight as you're walking around a game store, but still.

casesizes2.jpg

It's not really that much bigger than a DS case, though.

Ravage

The boxes need to be of reasonable size to stand out on the shelves.

And the design is pretty good i might add, choice of blue makes it look classy :)

I need that blue Vita Sony. Make it happen.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
i was hoping for black cases. but it's cool, its a portable so i wont be carrying my cases around. i will need a card holder though.

vita2011-08-1112-10-40800px.jpg

Huff

Banned
Midou said:

Have you seen the comparison between them? The perimeter of the boxes are probably very similar.

oh wow i take it back, size seems pretty good now. basically same SIZE as DS case but just different shape/ratio. the game.... sticks.... are kinda tall so it works with the cases being as such too. won't get confused with my PS3 cases, seeing as they are all clear.

there is still time for this to change though. watch them end up being clear and not blue, or even black. who knows. i sure don't.

398148788.jpg

My heart stopped when I saw the yellow. I was going to be vita day 1, but I can wait until this comes out and just import it.

Now I'm waiting on this AND the gold 3ds

Arsenic Yellow said:
398148788.jpg

My heart stopped when I saw the yellow. I was going to be vita day 1, but I can wait until this comes out and just import it.

Now I'm waiting on this AND the gold 3ds

i am cry for the purple. it's somehow become "my color". maybe i will become rich and have sony make me a custom design to match this...

my guitar:
L2Fxo.jpg

froliq

Definately too big for such a small cartridge, well I even find ds/3ds too big. Is it the same blue as PAL PS2 cases?

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
i am cry for the purple. it's somehow become "my color". maybe i will become rich and have sony make me a custom design to match this...

my guitar:
L2Fxo.jpg
Sexy guitar. Yellow and gray have become "my colors", so I understand your purple love.

atre324

Looks very reminiscent of a Blu-Ray case, but BR cases are just as wide as DS cases and stick out on top by about 2", so these are quite a bit smaller.

I'm kinda hoping they change it to some color other than blue, but I guess all that really matters to me is how the spines look when they're all on my bookshelf.

matmanx1

I like it all except for maybe the obvious "blu-ray" color that they chose. Which is weird since the Vita has nothing at all to do with optical discs. Cool thread.

Zoibie

matmanx1 said:
I like it all except for maybe the obvious "blu-ray" color that they chose. Which is weird since the Vita has nothing at all to do with optical discs. Cool thread.

The PS button on the Vita flashes blue when you start it up, so I guess blue is going is going to be its marketing colour.

Yeah, I was going to say how big they looked but they're a good size from those comparison pics.

kaioshade

If ANY of those colors aside from black are available at launch, i will be stunned.

If even ONE color aside from black makes it to the US for launch, i will be completely floored.

Top Bottom