• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pub. in Talks For Binding of Isaac 3DS [Update: Rejected Due To Religious Content]

http://www.shacknews.com/article/71781/the-binding-of-isaac-awaiting-3ds-approval

Speaking on Formspring (via Joystiq), McMillen said that "a publisher I know is currently asking Nintendo if they would be OK with Isaac on the 3DS." Should Nintendo approve the game, the publisher will then begin the porting process.

Unfortunately, if Nintendo doesn't approve the port, it's unlikely we'll ever see Isaac escape to consoles and other platforms. McMillen notes that 3DS is "the only other system you might ever see Isaac on," showing his continued dedication to Nintendo--in spite of never being able to release Super Meat Boy on WiiWare like originally intended.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'm sorry but Nintendo are dinosaurs when it concerns the internet. GAF has told me so.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
does the game have offensive content? What is the deal with Nintendo approving it? It sounds like Nintendo is very picky about what releases on 3DS.

does the game have offensive content? What is the deal with Nintendo approving it? It sounds like Nintendo is very picky about what releases on 3DS.

Well, just like with all the systems, you have to get approval from the console maker to put your game on it.
Though, yes, BoI does have some content that could be considered offensive (not that Nintendo has cared about that for a long time now).

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Just because of the religious material alone, this probably won't be on a Nintendo system.

Maybe Nintendo of America, I can think of some games with 'offensive' (violent and/or heavily fanservice) games on Nintendo consoles.

Chinner

Banned
can someone give me some context. why won't this appear on anything else apart from a nintendo console? other publishers won't touch him or, to put it gently, he's a dedicated nintendo fan?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Unless this gaming is coming out on Super Nintendo in the 90s... NO.

OMG I can't wait. I really want a version of this with real decent controls.

Well I suppose if you slap an M on it...but I could see them thinking that the 3DS store isn't the right market for a religion-bashing gorefest.

Luigiv

How would the controls work? Unless they packaged it with the edtra nub

Given the original PC release doesn't even have native control pad support and as such the character can only shoot in 4 directions anyway, I don't see how controls would be an issue.

coopolon

I feel like there are a lot of other games out there that would be much more worthwhile efforts than Binding of Isaac. Things like Dungeons of Dredmore.

Somnid

Not that I care much for the game itself but I think it could be a great addition to the eShop library from a critical and creative position. I can't really think of many M rated DD games on Nintendo's platforms (Sexy Poker the only one?) so I think it would send a good early message if they approve it.

krpiper

I feel like there are a lot of other games out there that would be much more worthwhile efforts then Binding of Isaac. Things like Dungeons of Dredmore.
I would kill for DoD to be on the 3ds.

Maybe if vvvvvv does.well we will get more indie games

thomaser

Has there been any talk about releasing Super Meat Boy on the 3DS? Since the creator is such a Nintendo-fan, and since he couldn't release it on the Wii... it should be a great handheld game.

Haunted

I've turned around on Isaac since using XPadder, it's a really cool game.

Not sure how well it'll translate to the 3DS, but whatever, sure.

Suairyu

Banned
can someone give me some context. why won't this appear on anything else apart from a nintendo console? other publishers won't touch him or, to put it gently, he's a dedicated nintendo fan?
No goddamn clue.

Nintendo is the worst platform holder for an indie to want to sign up to. Don't sell enough copies during a certain period? Then you're not getting any of your revenue. At all. Nintendo just steals it.

I have no idea why anyone would want to work with them.

Well I suppose if you slap an M on it...but I could see them thinking that the 3DS store isn't the right market for a religion-bashing gorefest.

The game is baed on the biblical story of Abraham and Isaac. The opening story is literally a version of that story. Throughout the centuries there have been paintings of Abraham binding his son Isaac to murder him for the voice from heaven (i.e. God). This is where the game gets its name as these are called "Binding of Isaac" paintings.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Somnid

The game is baed on the biblical story of Abraham and Isaac. The opening story is literally a version of that story. Throughout the centuries there have been paintings of Abraham bi ding his son Isaac to murder him for God. This is where the game gets its name.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

No you're right. It's totally kosher retelling and not at all satirical.

naib

I feel like there are a lot of other games out there that would be much more worthwhile efforts than Binding of Isaac. Things like Dungeons of Dredmore.
I would buy a 3DS just for a portable version of DoD. Inventory, character and crafting on the bottom touch screen? Yes please!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
No goddamn clue.

Nintendo is the worst platform holder for an indie to want to sign up to. Don't sell enough copies during a certain period? Then you're not getting any of your revenue. At all. Nintendo just steals it.

I don't have any idea either. They are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to publishing downloadable games. Easily the absolute worst.

coopolon

I've turned around on Isaac since using XPadder, it's a really cool game.

Not sure how well it'll translate to the 3DS, but whatever, sure.

Do you just make left stick move, right stick shoot? Does it improve on the game that much? Maybe I should try it.

rpmurphy

No goddamn clue.

Source for that? Or are you talking about WiiWare only?

Top Bottom