• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox |OT| of pushing, pulling and QR codes

extralite

Did everyone finish the main game before going off into QR code land? I'm at puzzle 185. Mutant Mudds took all my playtime this week, though.
Haven't finished it yet, no. I'm at 168, I think. Had to skip the last stage of the last set of puzzle stages even. Now I was last stuck with the ostrich animal graphic.
Basically making your own levels is even more fun than playing them. So I'm ending up doing that more often than continuing the main game.
And other things also occupy my play time. No hurry to clear the game for me.

jgkspsx

Woo! Finished it!

... what.
54 more?!?!

I guess there is such a thing as too much content. The last echelon of challenge levels seem more like filler to me. I guess I could just skip everything to unlock everything, but that seems wrong. Less wrong now, though.

I can agree with that. I got burnt out on the game after I did the first 15 bonus stages. I just came back to it today though and did the last three from the first group. It's still pretty amazing that the game manages to avoid feeling repetitive as well as it does.

zroid

Banned
I was stuck on #234 -
Moai Statues
for a while (like a month), but someone pulled me out of my rut a couple days ago and I finished it.

On #252 now -- THE LAST ONE!! (I assume!) It's tough; hope I can finish it without giving up for a prolonged period of time, like before.

Some of the puzzles in the final set of 18 are incredibly devious and fun. None of them so far put me through hell like #234, but in terms of their trickiness, they are far exceeding my expectations. The design of #250 in particular was just incredible. I'm sure anyone who has tried it will definitely agree.

finally took the time to get this and wow I did not expect to get stuck on level 1 - 8
I suck

edit okay it was just a jump I did not think I should make - love it lol

zroid

Banned
Oh. Yeah.

I finished it, by the way. :D

Here are a bunch of levels that I made a while ago: http://imgur.com/a/sspxM
Now that I'm done with the built-in levels, I'll probably start cracking on all those QR codes I scanned before. And maybe make a few more of my own as well. Hopefully I'll have the inspiration to actually devise some challenging ones.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Finally got this game (well I got it a few days ago to be precise). Really good game for the commute. So far I'm on puzzle 156. Haven't even tried user created puzzles yet.

Nekki

So i've had this game for about a month and days.. and it's rightfully my most played title on 3DS!! The game rocks!!

Here are some early levels i made way back when (except the last one, it's more recent). They're nothing great but i hope someone enjoys them :D

After seeing the other platformer level i'm kinda ashamed of this one lol:
j0UUs.jpg

Actually my first, i quite like it hehe:
yDuGy.jpg

And this is the most recent one, i like it but i just can't seem to give a puzzle-y feeling to my creations:
km32z.jpg

Just got this. 3DS' secret killer app imo. It's so good, but it's not really that enticing from the looks of it. I think it would have been a good idea to include it with the system, cos it really sells the 3D

mclem

So, I've been working on a puzzle that's a little unconventional. Here it is:

zQjun.jpg

And here's where it's unusual: Getting to the flag is easy - but that's *not* the overall objective. Your real task is to set the blocks in such a way that it's possible to travel from ground level to the flag without ever moving another block.

The ladders are there to make it easier to get around while trying to manipulate the puzzle, and in doing so to eliminate some of the more tedious bits of repetitive traversal. However, you cannot use them in the final run from bottom to top.

I'm rather curious about whether I've missed any loopholes, or if the route I'm expecting people to use is the only one.

It's a large puzzle; apologies, but as you near completion you'll find it gets rather slow around the bottom end. That said, you only need to climb up a little before it's completely smooth once again.

As you might guess from the name, I was inspired by the "Platforming" puzzle from early on, but I always felt that that had the issue that there was very little in the form of actual traversal puzzle platforming in it; generally the path was clear to you, it was just a case of following it. I wondered about making a platforming-based puzzle where the route was *not* immediately clear, and so I hit upon making the player *define* the route - but still make it a platforming puzzle, hence the 'no moving blocks' rule on the final run.

I don't think it ended up *quite* as devious as I was hoping, although I live in hope that that's simply because I'm too close to the puzzle; we'll see.

Edit: Gah, just spotted a loophole! Modifying the design.
Edit2: That's better! Now fixed.

Anyone know of a good site that has all the puzzle solutions? Especially the
bonus
puzzles

I pretty much stopped playing after I got the solution to the
Goldfish
puzzle

BowieZ

Banned
I still can't finish ... the 8th last one. "Challenge B-11". I can't find a sustainable pattern of maneuvering that gets me past the yellow section.

Amir0x

Banned
yo I just got this game and it is pretty much the best 3DS game there is, killer app total. Finally a game that justifies the price I paid for the system.

Other than the Lucas one in the OP, does anyone know what other Mother series Pushmo puzzles have been created? I don't want to make a double, but I'm pretty much going to make every Earthbound sprite into a Pushmo puzzle so I'd rather not do the ones that have been done :p

Amir0x

Banned
God I can't wait til I unlock bigger Pushmo Creative Stages, shit is too limiting atm... can only make the faces of the sprites I want :(

Made one of Ness, Dungeon Master and Mr. Saturn that I'll upload in a bit.

This is one of the best puzzle games I have ever played. It's up with Tetris in terms of how addicted to it I am getting. They really need to push this franchise and give it a retail release. They should also get full publishing rights for future titles as a Nintendo Exclusive. This should be used to promote the system the way Nintendo used Tetris for the Original gameboy.

Nintendo is sitting on a gold mine but not mining it......

This game is the new reefer madness. It could definitely use less filler and a steeper difficulty curve, but it's much better than Portal and most of the other darling "puzzle" games of this generation. The only other game that's really in the same league is Catherine (which is probably the better puzzler, from what I've heard). For a downloadable title, though, there's just so much to do, so many puzzles to play. Yummy.

LOOOL I looked up wiki page after I saw your post. I didn't realize it was an internal developed property. It's surely exclusive then. They still should help push it out more before all the clones come in and future Pushmo titles look like a me-too title even though Pushmo is the original. I want Mallo as a playable character in Smash Brothers 4. That's how much I like Pushmo

Silly question but is the 3D implementation important to enjoying Pushmo?

I turn off the 3D just so I can have more battery life to enjoy Pushmo longer in my day

I've been stuck in 184 for quite a while! I hate that puzzle! :'(
I keep going up and down, pulling and pushing, and I always get to a point where I get tired of it and just quit.

mktrOOp

Banned
Well, puzzle 180 aka the red rocket is kicking my ass; can someone give me a hint how to solve it?

I have absolutely no clue.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it *happy*

oatmeal

Banned
Randomly bought this today (first 3ds eShop purchase) and its awesome! Tutorial was annoying but I love how it feels.

How's Crashmo?

StAidan

Finished this up, at least for now. I've been raring to start Crashmo since getting it during the sale, so I think I'll leave the
bonus levels
alone.

All in all, I thought Pushmo was a nice little time waster. The puzzles weren't difficult at all -- there were maybe five of them that took me more than 10 minutes to solve -- but they were nice little bite-sizes for a quick gaming session before I head to work in the morning.

Pretty charming atmosphere and great use of the 3D effect, too.

Does anybody have links to the official (Nintendo-released) QR codes?

These day's they'd post them on Miiverse, but this game predates it so they used to do them on social media and the web.

Any ideas?

Shiggy

Bump! I finally got this as I enjoyed Fullblox already. Is the difficulty going to increase? I am halfway through and it's a bit on the easy side.

And God, did IntSys think players are stupid or why can't you skip the tutorials conversations?

PtM

Banned
Bump! I finally got this as I enjoyed Fullblox already. Is the difficulty going to increase? I am halfway through and it's a bit on the easy side.

And God, did IntSys think players are stupid or why can't you skip the tutorials conversations?
It'll increase.

Shiggy

Finished the game now. After Fullblox, Pullbox was a bit of a disappointment due to its lack of challenge.

In Fullblox I still haven't finished the final world due to its difficulty. I actually went back and was surprised that you can start Pullbox from within Fullblox.

Top Bottom