• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Putin Critic Boris Nemtsov Shot Dead on Moscow Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
The rantings of a Putinist or a naive victim of Russian propaganda. Considering his writing style I would not be surprised if he was a fan of Sleboda who writes in a similar ignorant aggressive manner.

A Putinist? Is that anything like a Bushilcan?

considering to your rantings...

That you took out of context and whom i was replying to (antonz, ffs) and in a thread where all Russians are now seemingly back to being Ivan, the scum of the earth?

Poland will get fucking battered if it comes in to conflict against Putins throat slitters. It'll be a disaster for that country and some miraculous polish tank fleet performing miracles is about as ludicrous a notion that a British and American expeditionary force will be leading great columned thrusts across the Eurasian steppe.

A war with poland or the baltics means a war with NATO...my country is a part of NATO and i am of military age. See where i'm going with this and why i have no interest in what some American drumbeater says we MUST do against Russia while he lives on the other side of the globe, surrounded by the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans on both sides and threatened by military superpowers like Canada and Mexico to the north and south? Are you so keen to be goose-stepped in to a disaster? If so, what makes you any more enlightened than those Saint George Ribbon wearers over in Russia?

If you've got an issue with me personally then take it to PM's and i'll be happy to elaborate Politics or Russian and Eastern European history with you. How about you do that, rather than sit there smoldering (seemingly over weeks) waiting for a cheap opening? I'll tell you one thing though before you send your PM, you can kindly shove that putinist label where the sun doesn't shine, you have no god damn clue what you're talking about in that regard, understood? I am no Putinist, Duginist, RT drone or any other bullshit label you're willing to pull out of your behind.

As for the topic, Nemtsov was not a popular man in recent years, Politically he was going nowhere and was a part of the russian establishment during the Yeltsin era. Effectively an aging, fading critic from the most loathed era in a state that hasn't been democractic for over a decade... And with an absolute joke for an opposition movement to boot. I.e, no threat. His more recent popularity in the west came from his (amusing) piss take of the sochi fuck up.

If Putin killed him, we're not just dealing with an evil bastard anymore, but with a paranoid lunatic that has the fucking wind whistling through the empty space between his ears and the largest nuclear arsenal on the planet at his finger tips. Now, tell me with your fancy military talk how you even begin to tackle something like that.

benjipwns

Banned
As long as they aren't getting hit from the West too, Poland has a fairly decent record against the Russians all time.

Engell

I'd assume if Putin wanted him out Nemtsov would have died under more mysterious circumstances.

Pretty mysterious how none of the cameras the killer and the victim passed by failed to record anything. Plus usually there are guards at this place... Must be aliens who did it, or CIA mind controlling monkeys.

ICKE

Banned
I've been going through Russian newspapers and TV channels today and one of the main talking points is coming from Juri Luzkov (the former mayor of Moscow) and Zamira Duguževa. It is all a bit confusing and bizarre.

"The establishment had no reason to worry over Nemtsov who only had a marginal following so people should study his personal life in order to find a reason for this assassination".

Duguževa, a nurse from the Caucasus region, has given an interview as to how Nemtsov used and shamed her before changing to another young woman (the 20ish Ukrainian model Anna Duritskaya who was walking with Nemtsov when he was shot). Since the current suspects are apparently from the same region, it is being played as a romance drama of sorts. Honor killing or what have you.

Anna Duritskaya
Zamira Duguzeva

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I've been going through Russian newspapers and TV channels today and one of the main talking points is coming from Juri Luzkov (the former mayor of Moscow) and Zamira Duguževa. It is all a bit confusing and bizarre.

"The establishment had no reason to worry over Nemtsov who only had a marginal following so people should study his personal life in order to find a reason for this assassination".

Duguževa, a nurse from the Caucasus region, has given an interview as to how Nemtsov used and shamed her before changing to another young woman (the 20ish Ukrainian model Anna Duritskaya who was walking with Nemtsov when he was shot). Since the current suspects are apparently from the same region, it is being played as a romance drama of sorts. Honor killing or what have you.

Anna Duritskaya
[/B]Zamira Duguzeva

It's certainly bizarre but it's not confusing at all.

Anna Duritskaya
Zamira Duguzeva
That has been Kremlins media narrative since day one.

ICKE

Banned
That has been Kremlins media narrative since day one.

It is not exactly incorrect though. Nemtsov was disliked by most Russians since he was the sort of tabloid politician with young women and a bombastic lifestyle. Criticizing the current leadership during a time of crisis did him no favors either among normal citizens.

That doesn't mean people are willing to entertain all sorts of scenarios regarding his assassination. But maybe that will change as time progresses.

antonz

Supposedly another suspect blew themselves up in Grozny Chechnya now. Playing that evil Chechen angle to the extreme. SO far 1 of the "suspects" works for the Chechen Interior Ministry which is nothing more than a puppet arm of the Russian Government seeing as how Putin bought Kadyrov and his allies

ArcLyte

This is not unprecedented at all. The way the Russian gov't is set up by it's nature leads to things like assassinations being more prevalent than in other places. The entire governent is run by ex-KGB, killing is what they do best.

ICKE

Banned
So people have been arrested today, one confession and someone blew himself up during a raid.

Russian Authorities Charge 2 Over Nemtsov Shooting

By Katya Golubkova and Christian Lowe

MOSCOW, March 8 (Reuters) - Moscow authorities have charged two men with involvement in the murder of Kremlin critic Boris Nemtsov, one of whom served in a police unit in the Russian region of Chechnya according to a law enforcement official.

A total of five men were frogmarched into a Moscow courtroom on Sunday, forced by masked security officers gripping their bound arms to walk doubled over, a Reuters reporter at the court said. Three of them have not yet been charged and are being treated as suspects, said court spokeswoman Anna Fadeyeva.

The judge at Dadayev's hearing, Natalia Mushnikova, said Dadayev had admitted involvement in the killing and ordered him to be held in custody until April 28.

"Dadayev's involvement in committing this crime is confirmed by, apart from his own confession, the totality of evidence gathered as part of this criminal case," she told the court.

Russia's Interfax news agency, quoting a Chechen law enforcement source, said a man killed in a standoff with police in the Chechen capital late on Saturday was wanted by police in connection with Nemtsov's killing.

The agency said when police arrived at an apartment block, the man threw one grenade at officers and then blew himself up with a second.

HuffPost

ICKE

Banned
Ramzan Kadyrov, that moron, has given a statement regarding Dadayev (one of the suspects).

Kadyrov stated that the alleged perpetrator was widely known as a "fearless Russian patriot who was ready to sacrifice his life for the good of the country". He also stated that Dadayev was a religious person who was deeply shocked by the Charlie Hebdo drawings.

dadajev2juttu090315MH_ul.jpg

Dadayev's mother has also confirmed that her son served in the Northern Battalion (Chechnya) and believes that he is innocent :

"He served his country honorably. Please find the real culprit. This is a mistake, a huge mistake".

Ramzan Kadyrov, that moron, has given a statement regarding Dadayev (one of the suspects).

Kadyrov stated that the alleged perpetrator was widely known as a "fearless Russian patriot who was ready to sacrifice his life for the good of the country". He also stated that Dadayev was a religious person who was deeply shocked by the Charlie Hebdo drawings.

Dadayev's mother has also confirmed that her son served in the Northern Battalion (Chechnya) and believes that he is innocent :

"He served his country honorably. Please find the real culprit. This is a mistake, a huge mistake".

this probably has nothing at all to do with the murder, *eyeroll, but today Putin awarded Kadyrov with the Order of Honor medal

http://www.rferl.org/content/putin-awards-kadyrov-with-order-of-honor/26889696.html

This is not unprecedented at all. The way the Russian gov't is set up by it's nature leads to things like assassinations being more prevalent than in other places. The entire governent is run by ex-KGB, killing is what they do best.

Actually, I think maskirovka is what they do best of all. Which is probably what we're seeing right now.

BBC - Nemtsov murder: Zaur Dadayev confession 'forced' said:
One of two suspects charged with the murder of Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov, Zaur Dadayev, confessed under duress, a member of Russia's Human Rights Council says.

Andrei Babushkin, who visited Mr Dadayev on Tuesday, says he saw "numerous wounds" on his body, suggesting he had been tortured.

The suspect himself said he was tied up for two days with a bag over his head.

He says he only confessed so a friend arrested with him would be freed.

"There are reasons to believe Zaur Dadayev confessed under torture," Mr Babushkin said after a delegation visited the suspect in prison.

Mr Dadayev told the visitors he was mistreated in the two days after his capture in Chechnya on Saturday.

He also said he confessed to make sure a friend who was arrested with him would be released.

He said he planned to tell the truth in court, but was never given a chance to speak.

The second man charged, Shagid Gubashev, says he was beaten by his interrogators and maintains his innocence.

Mr Nemtsov, a former deputy prime minister and veteran liberal politician, was shot in the back as he was walking with his girlfriend within sight of the Kremlin on 27 February.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31829723

chadskin

Killers of Russian Opposition Leader Nemtsov Were Paid $85,000 – Report
Russian investigators believe that the team suspected of killing opposition leader Boris Nemtsov was paid 5 million rubles ($85,000) to do the hit, the Rosbalt news agency reported Thursday, citing case materials.

Zaur Dadayev, the alleged gunman from Russia's mainly Muslim republic of Chechnya, was earlier reported to have told investigators he shot Nemtsov because the opposition politician had expressed support for the publication of caricatures of the Muslim prophet Muhammad in French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo.

Dadayev, who served in Chechnya's Interior Ministry troops, was purportedly contracted by a group of people outraged at Nemtsov's support for Charlie Hebdo, and used the money to hire other people to help carry out the murder, Rosbalt reported.

The report cited Dadayev as saying while being questioned by authorities that he murdered Nemtsov not for the money but because of his religious views, but that not everyone involved in the killing was prepared to work for free.

Investigators are looking into a widely reported theory that one of the people who allegedly ordered the hit was a fellow Chechen Interior Ministry serviceman named Ruslan Geremeyev, part of an influential Chechen family with a close relative in Russia's upper house of parliament, the report said.

Authorities are currently trying to find Geremeyev, the Kommersant newspaper reported Thursday.
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/article/517710.html

Yamauchi

Banned
Posted it in Ukraine thread, but it probably makes more sense here...

Could it be that Nemtsov killing was a message from Kadyrov to Putin?

Nemtsov killing exposes cracks in Kremlin unity
I think this might be accurate. Even members of the Russian opposition now seem to believe that there is an FSB vs. Kadyrov war going on behind the scenes.

On the other hand, I am not convinced it was Kadyrov. I could see this more being an FSB plot aimed at exposing Kadyrov's corrupt empire, weakening his position with Putin.

Valhelm

contribute something
Is it just me, or is Putin doing his best to build stronger ties to the Muslims of Russia and its neighbors?

He's chumming up with Kadyrov, he's meeting with the leaders of the Stans, and his alleged wife/mistress Alina Kabayeva comes from a Muslim background.

Mrmartel

Banned
Is it just me, or is Putin doing his best to build stronger ties to the Muslims of Russia and its neighbors?

He's chumming up with Kadyrov, he's meeting with the leaders of the Stans, and his alleged wife/mistress Alina Kabayeva comes from a Muslim background.

I think he sees it as a means to an end. There aren't too many allies around for him to gather up anymore. He is a strong believer (at least in his words) of Orthodox Christianity. He may see allies in likeminded traditional societies that have a similar distaste in the liberal west and it's culture.

He also a strong supporter of Iran and various Shia governments. Russia is itself almost 20% Islamic, so he has to work with them for security/safety in his own backyard. Also as a avenue to sap manpower and troops from as well.

Sunni Islam is look upon as the enemy of my enemy is a friend. Saudi Arabia and Turkey are Russia's enemies. Turkey because of geographical proximity and issues it has with fellow orthodox states like Cyprus and Greece. Saudi Arabia because of it's opposition to Shia Allies, Global Oil devaluation (of which it's a major contributor), and major ties to funding extremists within Russia/Chechnya.

Oh and as for the Stans. Even tho they are Sunni Majorities, they still have residual secularism from the years of communist rule. Also they have close economic, culture, language, military connections to Russia.

chadskin

Kremlin Murder Trail Leads to Chechnya
Putin was furious when he learned of the killing, which occurred on a bridge near the Kremlin, four people familiar with the matter said. Putin, who took charge of the probe and then disappeared from public view for a week, became even more alarmed when investigators said they’d traced a hit list of other critics to Chechnya, another person said. Putin has given Kadyrov free rein to kill jihadis and create what even former Chechen officials such as Beslan Gantamirov have called a brutal police state.

“Putin has become a hostage to his own policy of radicalizing supporters so they can spring to action whenever he needs them,” said Alexander Baunov, a senior associate at the Carnegie Moscow Center. “His authoritarianism is sliding into decentralized terror. His backers think he’s much more radical than he really is and are acting without clear orders.”
Gleb Pavlovsky, a political analyst who advised the Kremlin during Putin’s first two terms, said the president’s relationship with Kadyrov has clearly soured, regardless of whether the Chechen leader was involved in Nemtsov’s murder.

“Putin didn’t like Kadyrov’s absolutely inappropriate comments praising the main suspect,” Pavlovsky said. “He’s clearly been in a very bad mood since the murder and his mood is getting worse as the investigation goes on.”
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...trail-leads-to-chechnya-as-putin-said-to-fume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom