• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I want is ONE freaking dragon plant to evolve my ivory dragon and you won't give it to me? ARRRGGGHHHHHH

So jealous, one of the few things left that I really want. :(

Edit: DIVINEGON, hell yeah finally. Now for an all nuker rainbow run

How do you like the ivory dragon? I have one but barely use it, I tend to use my holy dragon instead.

Aggrotek

Wow, congratulations on making it so far with only 30 Monster Boxes. I'd have gone crazy.

You have some good units, but not a lot of synergy. Things that stand out, you have some decent boosters, but not enough units to use them with, probably because you've had to trim units with. If I had your units to work with, I'd probably go dual-color red /green or straight red.

If I had your units in their current state, I'd probably go

Red:
Leader: Echidna
Agdoraru (your level 18 dragon)
Dino Rider
Goblin Warrior (Get one, they're easy to farm!)
(open slot)

Your open slot can either be an ogre for more hit points, ruby carbuncle for healing, your pyrodemon / lil' red for more attack, or a red knight for armor break.

Once you've evolved your Agodraru into a Flairdrall?, you'll be set for some crazy orb-changing shenanigans.

I'd probably go

Red / Green

Leader: Echidna (or Dino Rider if you go demon-heavy or Flair for anti-red / green)
Dino Rider
Flair
Green Mystic Knight
(Utility)

Your helpers should probably be red-boosters or healers.

Just my take.

Upgrade your box!
That sounds doable. I dunno how long it will take me to level my lvl 18 Dragon. :(

I was dishing on Ra for being the worst Egyptian God a few days ago because of how difficult his leader skill is to activate, but after seeing this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLU8wGHm7so

I might have to change my opinion on him.

EDIT: Aggrotek, as far as long term plans go, I'd try to evolve your Mystic Stone Knight to 5* as quickly as possible.

I am also working on this. I don't know where to find a lot of these evo materials.

xCobalt

I think I need some team suggestions again, I'm getting my ass kicked in these dungeons. I'll post my box in a few minutes.

I have a similar team on my second account and I was able to do up to expert mech dragons. You will need some friends with good monsters though.

For flame mech dragon, you could do:
Drall thingy (red toy dragon) + friend with 50% flame resist as leaders which will resist damage by 65% I believe
Water starter
Echidna
Blue toy dragon
Your choice (maybe something with the most hp)

It may take awhile but the drops can provide some decent level ups. Ice mech dragon should have a similar team composition but instead, you would have ice resist leaders.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ugh, expert Ice Dragon dungeon... is taking... friggin... forever... EEEVER... thank god I at least have my Hades, so even without doing much damage, at least I can take off 15% every 25 turns. still sucks though. At least I don't die!

lol I put my Lv. 4 Ice Mechdragon Aldebaran as my leader and 4 people used him in the past 2 hours. Guess now I know who to level up if I want lots of Pal Points

Owzers

fate's cruel, i just got two SUPER monster fusion things close together....when only feeding a low lvl monster small things.

Smiley90

How much does Fire Mechadragon expert hit for? I wonder if I'll survive without a damage reducer, so I can put Siren as my leader and choose the Ice guy as a friend leader... otherwise I'll have to pick xelios's amu as friend and my lil' red dragon as leader for damage reduction...

I just used him :x
Think i would be able to kill fire mechdragon expert with this setup?

bZUVkWz.jpg

Using your icedragon as my other leader? Dont have enough team cost for more members lol

Im sure i could 1 shot the boss with skills, but not sure i could get to him

KuroNeeko

How much does Fire Mechadragon expert hit for? I wonder if I'll survive without a damage reducer, so I can put Siren as my leader and choose the Ice guy as a friend leader... otherwise I'll have to pick xelios's amu as friend and my lil' red dragon as leader for damage reduction...

5536 every three turns if it's the same as JP.

parasight

Wait, you're supposed to have more than 30 box before reaching Satan castle? :p

:lol

I recently passed Satan with the default 20 boxes (and that was before I friended Xelios' Ammy). It was a pain in the ass, but I just love my rare pulls - even if they don't love me. I think I have to expand now though, it's getting very difficult.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Think i would be able to kill fire mechdragon expert with this setup?

Using your icedragon as my other leader? Dont have enough team cost for more members lol

Im sure i could 1 shot the boss with skills, but not sure i could get to him

You would likely have trouble getting to the boss.

E: Also, heals. You'd need a pretty reliable source of heals to make it through.

ToxicAdam

Well, I made it up to Hades. Seems like the way to go is damager reducer/green Odin and about 7500 HPs. Gotta survive that 60k hit every 6 rounds.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I just tried using someone elses Amaterasu Ohkami since no one had the leader up I wanted, didn't realize level 30 something and level 99 difference, did not end well.

xelios

Oh and no, you definitely need a healer. Adept mayyy be possible, but don't even try expert with that.

xelios

Is it me or is blue the least common gem on the board? I know it can't be all in my head.

OMG finally. I can has sleep?

photo19aasb2.png

Is it me or is blue the least common gem on the board? I know it can't be all in my head.

photo19aasb2.png

heh, am I in for a long road ahead? :( I just started on him today, was always worried that I wouldn't be able to do it without a fire reducer. But it's not that bad after all. Killed him once, no drop, but now I'm saving stamina for masks in an hour and a half.

How many kills did it take you? Drop rate seem about the same as Ice Dragon?

Smiley90

Just wasted 25 stamina to find out that I can definitely NOT run expert dungeons without xelios's ammy (since I have no awesome healer myself) and a damage reducer (that I have). Meaning I cannot have a damage multiplier. So I CAN run flame/ice expert dungeons, they'll just be super annoying grinds. Oh well.

xelios

heh, am I in for a long road ahead? :( I just started on him today, was always worried that I wouldn't be able to do it without a fire reducer. But it's not that bad after all. Killed him once, no drop, but now I'm saving stamina for masks in an hour and a half.

How many kills did it take you? Drop rate seem about the same as Ice Dragon?

It took me about the same for both. Between 20 and 30, some adept most expert. Both drops were on expert. Many people here though got their drops on first adept, lol.

And I just now put my Ammy up for the night, so sorry Smiley!

Smiley90

It took me about the same for both. Between 20 and 30, some adept most expert. Both drops were on expert. Many people here though got their drops on first adept, lol.

And I just now put my Ammy up for the night, so sorry Smiley!

Don't be sorry lol, I WANTED to try it with my own healer & your ice monster anyway, just to see how far I'd get. I got to the 2nd stage LOL. Now I'm out of stamina for the night, I'll start the next grind tmrw morning :p

KuroNeeko

Just wasted 25 stamina to find out that I can definitely NOT run expert dungeons without xelios's ammy (since I have no awesome healer myself) and a damage reducer (that I have). Meaning I cannot have a damage multiplier. So I CAN run flame/ice expert dungeons, they'll just be super annoying grinds. Oh well.

You usually need damage reduction not so much for the boss, but for the trash mobs before hand. The boss is a straight-up "gear check" meaning that if you have the minimum HP to survive a hit and heal to at least that amount before he attacks again - you're gold.

Damage multipliers are a luxury - not one that many people can afford, especially if you're just at that dungeon's entry level.

In case anyone is interested in stupid trivia, here's some numbers:

Rank 66 is when you get 50 stamina (e.g. you can run 50 stamina dungeons for the first time)

Rank 67 is when you max out your friends list at 50 (but I heard you can buy more friend slots?)

Rank 234 is when you get enough team cost to have 5 Mechdragons in your group.

When you have collected 5 million total exp you will be rank 160.
In comparison, you will cross the 1 million total exp mark while rank 81.

Wow so the Mystic Mask isnt 100% drop from the boss of Wednesday dungeon? What's the drop rate like? I better not have to use stones to refill stamina due to low drop rate :(

Sigh, 0/3 on the mystic mask now. Fucking A. Going to bed, will try again tomorrow I guess. Luckily I have exactly enough stamina for 2 runs, and the second run will ding me, so then I can do 2 more if needed. Sucks that the level itself is kind of cheap though, and if you get 3 divine masks all on the same timer then you're basically going to have to use a stone, either to that group or to the boss pack, unless you have 2 lilith's

ParityBit

So Wednesday dungeon is masks. Which masks are those? And any advice for the dungeons? Or is it just a grind dungeon?

I had good success with Keepers yesterday!

Kosh

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/23/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
B: 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 11:00 16:00 21:00
E: 12:00 17:00 22:00

Boken

Banned
Wow so the Mystic Mask isnt 100% drop from the boss of Wednesday dungeon? What's the drop rate like? I better not have to use stones to refill stamina due to low drop rate :(

Evolving Valkyrie is the worst thing... I need two mystic masks.
I ran the place 4 times on 2x drop and only got 1 -_-

J0dy77

photo19aasb2.png

I have no idea how you get all these drops. I spent all day yesterday just trying to get a basic healer to level and cant even get that. I ran Mermaid Feast in Neptune Glacier at least 15 times, Voice of the Siren in Sea Cave 4 or 5 times. Did the Ice Dragon 4 times and got squat.

Does anyone think that level has some impact on the drops you can get? I'm currently level 42 (got a handful of levels from the Ice dragon yesterday to avoid making the day a complete waste).

Owzers

woke up and tried the expert mask dungeon wtih the help of a shiva.

got past the first round on accident not really paying attention and didn't get shiva's skill to activate so i died....... Xo.

Radav

UGH.... how's this for crappy luck. I just did an expert mask run where I got no masks to drop at all. lol All I want is a green divine mask so I can get my ADK finally.

raiot

Yeah, this works, REALLY good I might add... did this 3 times today using this method. No Rainbow Mask though... :/
Your best bet is a Viper Orochi, load his skill the first round as a last resort!

ccbfan

Anyone on gaf have an orochi?

Really need the delay enemy attack skill to safely complete these expert mask dungeons.

Even with good prep work, sometimes you get a 3 divine mask attacking the same time. Or just completely refusing to drop the color I need during the last phase.

ParityBit

Yeah, this works, REALLY good I might add... did this 3 times today using this method. No Rainbow Mask though... :/
Your best bet is a Viper Orochi, load his skill the first round as a last resort!

So the blue ogre, 4 water spirits and a Viper friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom