• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

On PAD Wiki's Castle of Satan page, there's a schedule for which Mystic Knights invade on what days and on which floors, but it's from the last time which was March/April? Would that still be a viable guide to use, or does GungHo change the invade cycle each time? Would cut down on the work if I knew where and when to farm to get that ADKZ pre-monster.

Copied this from PF:
Castle of Satan
King of Darkness - Ice Knight
The Kings Protectors - Stone Knight
Cage of the Beast - Light Knight
The Witches' Ball - Dark Knight
Castle Gate - Flame Knight

Copied this from PF:
Thanks for this. Yesterday, all I got was a couple of Vampires and no invades from two full bars of stamina (normal plus one rank refill); this morning however, on my last run before having to wait to recharge, the Dragon Knight showed in an invade on Cage of the Beast. Now I just have to get the Dark Knight to invade, and I'll have one of each color.

am_dragon

Almost 20 runs of Angry birds epic yesterday. I have Fuu, Drake, Ruka, Kano, and Finn. I realize that skilling all of them won't happen but I'd really like to get Ruka and Finn maxed. After those 20 runs, I pulled maybe 5 evo'd Blues, and only 1 Pirate bomb. I've fed at least 10 to Fuu, Drake, and Ruka, and out of those 30+ feeds there was a grand total of 1 skill up on Fuu.

For Finn, only 6 total Pirate Bomb's dropped the whole time. After that Chocolate thing last week, and a weeks worth of farming and a single skill up to show for it, I'm about ready to put this game down.

I am completely convinced that the 2x skill up is broken when they activate it with the Great/Super. A few weeks ago there was no event and one afternoon I noticed 2x Skill ups just randomly show up. It was only 2x skill up only without the great/super bonus. I maxed my blue and red Valk's in about 3 hours with less than 20 feeds each. So I'm either going to stop playing and not worry about it or spend about $25 on box space and hoard skill up fodder.

Quantum

Almost 20 runs of Angry birds epic yesterday. I have Fuu, Drake, Ruka, Kano, and Finn. I realize that skilling all of them won't happen but I'd really like to get Ruka and Finn maxed. After those 20 runs, I pulled maybe 5 evo'd Blues, and only 1 Pirate bomb. I've fed at least 10 to Fuu, Drake, and Ruka, and out of those 30+ feeds there was a grand total of 1 skill up on Fuu.

For Finn, only 6 total Pirate Bomb's dropped the whole time. After that Chocolate thing last week, and a weeks worth of farming and a single skill up to show for it, I'm about ready to put this game down.

I am completely convinced that the 2x skill up is broken when they activate it with the Great/Super. A few weeks ago there was no event and one afternoon I noticed 2x Skill ups just randomly show up. It was only 2x skill up only without the great/super bonus. I maxed my blue and red Valk's in about 3 hours with less than 20 feeds each. So I'm either going to stop playing and not worry about it or spend about $25 on box space and hoard skill up fodder.

as someone who has dropped a "crap" ton of money into the game I vote that you quit.

the genius of this game is that the more you spend, the more you spend.

I wish I could figure out how to use this in rl.

I figured out what happened to my PAD accounts. When I got a new phone, instead of restoring from the data048.bin file I used device transfer codes.

I had a spare data048.bin file from rerolling Odin like two years ago, popped it in, and that one worked.

So this is 100% why I lost my account. Still waiting on replies from support.

Jonsoncao

Banned
I figured out what happened to my PAD accounts. When I got a new phone, instead of restoring from the data048.bin file I used device transfer codes.

I had a spare data048.bin file from rerolling Odin like two years ago, popped it in, and that one worked.

Dayum...

Quantum

I have had to deal with gungho support and was able to get my account back after about 20 daily e-mails.

Make sure you e-mail them once a day so that they don't ignore you - they are extremely nice in each e-mail but really don't do anything unless you are persistent.

they will respond every business day at about 3:30 am est, and they will request all of your information multiple times.

it helps if you have a screen shot, remember exactly (to the minute) which dungeon you were in last, a list of the main teams and the levels of each mob.

just remember to be persistent even if they say that can't help - which I was told (multiple times) and then finally got my account back.

Unfortunately I've always been pretty lax about keeping tabs on my progress for documentation purposes due to the belief that I could always fall back on my data048.bin file, which now I know is not an ironclad guarantee. Not to mention I lost a lot of screenshots due to them being lost in the recovery process also.

At least I can walk away from it pretty easily since I haven't spent any money on the game.

Quantum

Unfortunately I've always been pretty lax about keeping tabs on my progress for documentation purposes due to the belief that I could always fall back on my data048.bin file, which now I know is not an ironclad guarantee. Not to mention I lost a lot of screenshots due to them being lost in the recovery process also.

At least I can walk away from it pretty easily since I haven't spent any money on the game.

I wish gungho was more proactive about protecting accounts. I am terrified about the device transfer I will have to do this week.

Not necessarily due to the money spent but the time invested. I have a 12 year old account with funcom because of the time I had previously invested in mmorpg characters - they are worthless and priceless at the same time.

Isn't jotting down your secret code and linking your PAD account with Google+ enough to safeguard the account? That's the extent of the precautions I have done but these horror stories of losing everything are keeping me on edge (even if I haven't invested nearly as much time into the game as some of you guys have).

Quantum

Isn't jotting down your secret code and linking your PAD account with Google+ enough to safeguard the account? That's the extent of the precautions I have done but these horror stories of losing everything are keeping me on edge (even if I haven't invested nearly as much time into the game as some of you guys have).

It should be for some issues. But it doesn't always work and gungho is shit with helping its users if there is a real problem.

you should keep screen shots, you should try to remember what your last played dungeon is, you should keep a list of your top 5-10 used mobs.

they ask for some reason - as if they don't have all the information from the secret code. its passive-aggressive in the sense that they when there is an issue it takes weeks of constant communication to get anything fixed and they keep thanking you without doing anything.

DQXQ -> Max'd (was very lucky today after complaining yesterday) got 2 skill ups with 5 feeds.
-> not a single invade over the last two weeks.

J0dy77

Finally got Ult Athena. What is everyone using for subs? I'm currently running Venus, Verche, DQXQ and Memei. It's crazy using Mei Mei and verche in the same turn with Athenas active.

Finally got Ult Athena. What is everyone using for subs? I'm currently running Venus, Verche, DQXQ and Memei. It's crazy using Mei Mei and verche in the same turn with Athenas active.

The "canon" team is Athena/Genbu/Verche/Izanagi/Apollo. I personally use Valkyrie instead of Apollo for an extra source of orb chance even though she's off-type.

Once Rei=Sirius comes out and gets a skillup he's probably a better choice over either Apollo or Valk.

Gaspode_T

The orb changers in Angry Birds Epic make it a little uncomfortable to play with Sakuya or U&Y...I tried with monocolor team but then got orb trolled in different way

I cleared 50 stam one on both my accounts but it was not as easy to think I could farm it...too bad the boss drop is not so appealing?? I actually do have a Grimlock guy but I can't imagine ever using it...

One of my friends on Japan account already has the new ult for Ronia :O

am_dragon

as someone who has dropped a "crap" ton of money into the game I vote that you quit.

the genius of this game is that the more you spend, the more you spend.

I wish I could figure out how to use this in rl.

I agree with your statement. One of the reasons I don't roll GF's much anymore, almost every gold egg represents another $10-$50 to Level and skill up. During PCGF I pulled 4 Yomi, I've only evo'd and max skilled 2 of them. During a Chinese God Series fest, I think it was right after PC, I pulled Karin x2, Kirin x2, Andromeda, Yomi (yes 5th), Sun Wukong, Pandora, Meimei, and Leilan. I've only evo'd 1 Karin, 1 Kirin, and Pandora. Maxing Pandora was easily $30 in just skill up fodder.

I was stuck, and Kirin went a long way getting me through some dungeons, then I worked on Pandora, even better. I really enjoy playing both teams. The most insidious thing about the game is it's actually fun.

I spent the day playing Bayonetta 2 that was way less frustrating. I've have also spent an unreasonable amount of money on this game. After 100's of hours, I enjoy much of the game play and the challenge.

colinp

Banned
The orb changers in Angry Birds Epic make it a little uncomfortable to play with Sakuya or U&Y...I tried with monocolor team but then got orb trolled in different way

I cleared 50 stam one on both my accounts but it was not as easy to think I could farm it...too bad the boss drop is not so appealing?? I actually do have a Grimlock guy but I can't imagine ever using it...

One of my friends on Japan account already has the new ult for Ronia :O

What level is your Sakuya? I didn't find it much of a problem, but my team is max leveled (155 plus eggs on Kirin, too). Have to be careful, certainly, but possible if you think your moves through... Might be a skill level thing though. I am by no means a good Kirin player but I've definitely improved since I first started. Still make dumb mistakes on matches (often, even) but I can usually pull myself out.

raiot

Wow, I did 28 Satan runs without an invade... That puts me on 45 runs for one red orb :( I just want that Hera-Ur Ult...

razterik

It is good. A little bit worse plus rate than FT4, though. Gives twice as much exp and better drops, so can be more stamina efficient at lower ranks.

Gaspode_T

What level is your Sakuya? I didn't find it much of a problem, but my team is max leveled (155 plus eggs on Kirin, too). Have to be careful, certainly, but possible if you think your moves through... Might be a skill level thing though. I am by no means a good Kirin player but I've definitely improved since I first started. Still make dumb mistakes on matches (often, even) but I can usually pull myself out.

Max level but not many plus eggs (+6?) I kept getting the yellow birds doing "Storm" or some other orb change getting 4 or 5 turns without being able to do x25...

I have kind of figured out it's easier to keep up x25 if you aggressively match away purple and hearts but it's still sometimes possible to get into situation where you have to bring together colors from all over the board, that's the part where sometimes I feel like I need just .5 more secs to do it...

Taz

My dilemma is that I'm comfortable using Haku and I have a speed farm team with D/R Luci and a basic Red Odin team , but I pulled Y&U which can clear any descend but I struggle to use him properly, I find it hard to clear Vesta Cave because I'm that bad, so I can't motivate my self to level up at team to use him with.

So how can I practice with him ? Is it just running Endless corridors over and over ?

colinp

Banned
Max level but not many plus eggs (+6?) I kept getting the yellow birds doing "Storm" or some other orb change getting 4 or 5 turns without being able to do x25...

I have kind of figured out it's easier to keep up x25 if you aggressively match away purple and hearts but it's still sometimes possible to get into situation where you have to bring together colors from all over the board, that's the part where sometimes I feel like I need just .5 more secs to do it...

Yeah I sometimes feel the same. You get better at it, just have to keep at it. Also, plus eggs are definitely your friend!

In unrelated news, Sopdet refuses to drop and it's sooooooooo annoying.

24 runs of Forbidden Tower 4 only netted me 6 +eggs (and I got 3 of them on the last 3 runs) but I finally got my first 297! Now about that last remaining skillup…

iCwxlRIboP0Pw.png

colinp

Banned
Congrats on the 297!

And yes! Sopdet finally dropped! As a + egg no less.

I have no idea why I want her so much. Too many cards to level and teams to possibly make... Still, she finally dropped yay!

Uthred

Do people still bother with the Pengdra cycle or has everyone moved on to the "Grind rank, feed up trash until 50+ and switch to kings"?

No reason to go through the cycle now that Super Kings run regularly. Since everybody seems to be wondering the same thing lately, though, I fully expect busty Pengdras to be a thing soon.

Finally got the 8 +RCV eggs I needed to finish off U&Y. Once I unlock Legendary Seaway I guess I'll try to max skill them as well, assuming I have a team that can handle it.

So now its time to decide who to plus next. Current frontrunners are Lu Bu, DQXQ, and D/L Batman.

razterik

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/141028_powerup.html

Second wave of balancing. Elementals get more + orb awakenings (buff incoming 10/30) and an increase in orb color drops (might be wrong here) added to active.

Baal, Ame, Light Zhuge get team HP increases (1.2?). Astaroth gets 1.5x RCV.

Stat awakening changes to a bunch of other random stuff like dark resist, two prong, skill block, and + orb. Izanagi gets two prong (uh, after the new knight, that's not enough...). Persephone still two prong (bad), Apollo two prong as well (good). Colored Valks get two prong. Kagutsuchi and Orochi get double two prong. Okuni gets extend time.

Fairy tale girls gain same color sub element. Baal ultimate goes back to being light/dark. Various boosts for Ifrit, etc, not worth mentioning.

Bunch of stat tweaks to make up for stat awakening losses, and I think some other increases in there.

quin

Second wave of balancing. Elementals get more + orb awakenings (buff incoming 10/30) and an increase in orb color drops (might be wrong here) added to active.

Stat awakening changes to a bunch of other random stuff like dark resist, two prong, skill block, and + orb. Izanagi gets two prong (uh, after the new knight, that's not enough...). Persephone still two prong (bad), Apollo two prong as well (good). Colored Valks get two prong. Kagutsuchi and Orochi get double two prong. Okuni gets extend time.

Fairy tale girls gain same color sub element. Baal ultimate goes back to being light/dark. Various boosts for Ifrit, etc, not worth mentioning.

Bunch of stat tweaks to make up for stat awakening losses, and I think some other increases in there.

It looks like Zhuge is hp bonus for water types only, but most of the current healers all have blue subtypes now.

Rest of Egyptian 2.0 cycle:
Hathor has 25% gravity, and increases light HP/RCV by a little and gives 4.5x ATK when matching five colors / four+heal.
Neptis buffs dark by 1.5 for a turn and enhances dark orbs, and increases dark HP/RCV by a little and gives 3xATK for matching three colors / two+heal.

SaberVulcan

For anyone that is curious, today's standard Castle of Satan schedule is:

King of Darkness - Light Knight
The Kings Protectors - Dark Knight
Cage of the Beast - Flame Knight
The Witches' Ball - Ice Knight
Castle Gate - Stone Knight

J0dy77

They show changes to Horus but nothing is different? Anyone know what they're doing? Horus needs to get his additional awakenings and quick!

They show changes to Horus but nothing is different? Anyone know what they're doing? Horus needs to get his additional awakenings and quick!
fire resist awakening turns into +fire orb awakening

so depending on how strong the buff to +orb awakenings are, Horus either got a solid boost or a redundant one with his active :lol

so depending on how strong the buff to +orb awakenings are, Horus either got a solid boost or a redundant one with his active :lol

Man I can't wait to see what this buff is. Better not be as lame as just increasing the rate of appearance from 20% to some higher % chance.

I'm looking over the first set of balance updates again and I somehow missed that Sleeping Zhuge gets a defense break with his active. Nice.

Orb+ awakenings now also give +4% damage when a +orb is matched apparently.
The power creep is real. Seems like most teams are getting boosts from this. Some more than others but I guess Gungho wants to grab more of that casual demographic?

What is the best dungeon to farm Dub-topalit? i need 2.
Expert Friday Dungeon on 2x drop gives you a 1/3rd chance of getting one. Prepare to be trolled by that 2/3rd chance though.

If it's less urgent, you can run Jupiter of the Sky on 1.5x drop. Dubtopas are uncommon but you're getting better rank exp, monster fodder, and a chance of +eggs.

J0dy77

Changed the first awakening from fire protect to fire +orb.

LMAO.

/sigh... what a joke. If only his Awakenings and Active skill were slightly better. I guess they don't want him to be on top of the Tier list. Personally, I still prefer him over any other leader.

Top Bottom