• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Marine Rider and Artemis are great Sleeping Zhuge subs. Earth Dragon gets an orb change active once you evolve it but it's annoying to skill up. Astaroth is also annoying to skill up but the orb change is useful until you get a Mystic Stone Knight (you can get one in Castle of Satan in the next few days if you get lucky: http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=59955). Astaroth does have an attacker ult evo and better stats than ADK but ADK's faster orb change is probably more useful.

Green Odin will mostly just be a stat stick for Sleeping Zhuge until you get better subs since Green Odin's best attribute is having auto-heal awakenings which may keep your health above 80%.

Thanks for the explanation :)
So it seems like Odin isnt the sub i am looking for in a Sleeping Zhuge team, but the AutoHeal Awakaning sounds nice - can you build a strong team with Odin as a leader instead ? I guess not because there is no high multi, but you never know.

And yeah i should try to get a Mystic Stone Knight - lets see how this works out.

Thanks, exactly what i was looking for :)

Green Zhuge Liang needs to be below 80% HP, not above, so you don't want Green Odin on his team.

:-/

The biggest issue I seem to face with my GZL team right now is the lack of a heartbreaker; hearts pile up on the screen and eventually knock me out of that <80% window. I need to get my hands on a Cu Chu ASAP it seems.

ReaperXL7

Gaf I need some advice, it's been forever since I played so I'm looking over the info in the OP but in the meantime my first pull was Isis

Pet492.png

Is she "good enough" for my first pull, or should I go back to the abuse of the RNG Gods?

zoku88

The biggest issue I seem to face with my GZL team right now is the lack of a heartbreaker; hearts pile up on the screen and eventually knock me out of that <80% window. I need to get my hands on a Cu Chu ASAP it seems.

My only heart to green breaker is Liu Bei... :(

Gaf I need some advice, it's been forever since I played so I'm looking over the info in the OP but in the meantime my first pull was Isis

Pet492.png

Is she "good enough" for my first pull, or should I go back to the abuse of the RNG Gods?

Good mid tier God. She will get you through quite a lot of the game, and you can use that time to learn the ropes, and save up stones. That will give you a significant amount of chances to roll for a more endgame capable God. I'd keep her. She's a very very nice starting roll.

Green Zhuge Liang needs to be below 80% HP, not above, so you don't want Green Odin on his team.
Just don't fully awaken him lol. That's why I said he would be only useful as a stat stick on that team. However, he should really....

Thanks for the explanation :)
So it seems like Odin isnt the sub i am looking for in a Sleeping Zhuge team, but the AutoHeal Awakaning sounds nice - can you build a strong team with Odin as a leader instead ? I guess not because there is no high multi, but you never know.
Stick Green Odin on your U/Y team. Green Odin isn't that good of a lead nowadays. Newer content almost always have multi-hit attacks to bypass his leader skill and older content is going to be more easily beaten with U/Y or Zhuge. Unless, you want to use a defensive team on the older content for some reason...

Pet492.png

Isis is a great lead to start with since she's easy to use and team construction is very flexible. Not a top tier lead when it comes to endgame content (though 4.5x isn't too shabby) but she will help you clear enough of the game such that you'll probably luck into a better lead by the time you reach the really tough dungeons.

ReaperXL7

Good mid tier God. She will get you through quite a lot of the game, and you can use that time to learn the ropes, and save up stones. That will give you a significant amount of chances to roll for a more endgame capable God. I'd keep her. She's a very very nice starting roll.

Awesome thanks, looking forward to getting into the game again. I'm surprised I actually got a solid first pull as my old game it took me forever to get a decent pick up.

Seems like they added a lot of New stuff to the game.

Althane

Picked up Hera Ur off of Legend. Had to spend a stone because I sneezed and goofed up an orb move.

Oh well, doesn't mater, got another Hera.

Awoken Minerva was first stop today.

Now I've got to ultimate Evo U&Y (missing rainbow keeper), ultimate EVO FA Luci (D/F for Ronia usage), and then no clue what I want to do.

Nice.
*Shadow Moon Dragon Knight*
[Duration]: 11/3 (Mon), 12:00 AM - 11/16 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)
10731090_944996348862291_2378560462860686628_n.png

Hua Mulan is the Shadow Moon Dragon Knight. Straight from her tale of bravery she storms to the battlefields!

The record of Mulan’s existence originally stems from a poem, entitled the Ballad of Mulan. The story was originally contained within an anthology called Musical Records of Old and New, and then reappeared within another entitled Music Bureau Collection.
While record of her original tale does not exist, it has been reinterpreted several times in later generations.

Her dungeon includes skill-ups in Dark Sprite, Cattleya, Wicked Lady, and Shadron, which skill up Pandora, Persephone, and Lu Bu!

With the way power creep has been going, devil subs are probably stronger than heal ones now.

Guess I should go change her, then.

Do you think she'll be able to have a King of the Gods team?

I really need a more consistent team than my Satan team(well after his Ult it'll be much better, but i don't have the material right now...)

Oh yeah, can someone explain to me how TPA actually works?
If you match exactly 4 orbs of a particular color and you have a monster of that same color with TPA, that monster gets a 1.5x multiplier on that attack only. If the monster has 2 TPAs, they stack and the multiplier is 2.25x. And the attack hits two enemies simultaneously.

Jagernaut

I reached 650 days today and got my 5 free stones. I also just went 3/5 on Wicked Lady skillups and skill maxed her. I wish I had a Persephone since Wicked Lady's stats are poor but the skill is still very useful.

I love the new 5 minute stamina refill rate, I'll generate enough natural stamina to clear all levels of Shadow Knight today.

razterik

Fuck. This. Guy.

Unquestionably the worst skill up in the entire damn game. Chaser level appearance rate for evolved one and then 50% chance for it to not drop. And the unevo version is almost as rare and drops even less. Took me 15 stones and almost all my stamina over the last week. Used all my evo drops and evolved every single unevo to finish.

Jagernaut

Fuck. This. Guy.

Unquestionably the worst skill up in the entire damn game. Chaser level appearance rate for evolved one and then 50% chance for it to not drop. And the unevo version is almost as rare and drops even less. Took me 15 stones and almost all my stamina over the last week. Used all my evo drops and evolved every single unevo to finish.

I only saw a few of his skillup monsters and I max skilled Dino Rider and Fuu.

What teams will you use Gryps for? I used to want him for my DTron team but with her ultimate changing to Dark/Water he is no longer useful to me.

razterik

What teams will you use Gryps for? I used to want him for my DTron team but with her ultimate changing to Dark/Water he is no longer useful to me.

Probably nothing. He's still marginally useful as a skill bind resist sub or on D/D Lucifer teams. If I thought I might actually use him, I would attempt to skill my second one.

Also another reason why his skill up method is so terrible. The cost far outweighs his potential value.

Jagernaut

Can a double GZL team handle the Keeper of Rainbow dungeon? It blows through the RGB Keepers like they're tissue paper.

Keeper of Rainbow has 6 times the hp of the RGB keepers. If you heal above 80% you will lose your atk boost and won't be able to survive his 22,200 atk without Kushinada or another dmg reducer.

A light focused healer team would be easier. I kill rainbow in 1 turn with my Valkyrie team.

J0dy77

Been away for a few days, didn't have time to visit the thread. Love this update, 2 prong attack feels so satisfying.

How do I buy dungeons? I saw a comment in the patch notes but haven't been able to find it in game.

Been away for a few days, didn't have time to visit the thread. Love this update, 2 prong attack feels so satisfying.

How do I buy dungeons? I saw a comment in the patch notes but haven't been able to find it in game.
I think coin dungeons won't be in until the 6th.

I don't know how long I've been rerolling, but I've finally rolled a +1 Beast Rider. Don't know where he fits on the tier list, but I don't care at this point.

Quantum

I don't know how long I've been rerolling, but I've finally rolled a +1 Beast Rider. Don't know where he fits on the tier list, but I don't care at this point.

If you are done re-rolling, you are done re-rolling.

Beast rider is a sub for specific teams and a great orb changer.

really not even on the starting tier list, and if your not planning on spending any money - well good luck.

NineH

It took me over 660 days but I finally +297 a second monster so now both of my leaders are +297 for friends to use. My first one was a hypermaxed GrOdin which I sort of regret since he's not that useful nowadays but the one I just finished up is a +297 LMeta which I use for mostly everything. My hat's off to those with multiple +297 monsters as it's very time consuming.

Hige

I don't keep up with the comics and always forget the current Harley design isn't the Batman:TAS one. Still excited, though!

Top Bottom