• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pyoro: Pokémon Black & White Remake to be outsourced like BDSP

Lillie

1896500-n_pokemon_black_white_trainer_unova_leader.png

WE GO AGAIN

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Apparently they feel the need to remake all the games...

The remakes have been hugely successful. They'll remake all the games.

I can't see this next game being a B&W remake. The switch has already had a the D&P remake and it's normally one remake per console generation.

Dazraell

what was wrong with them?
Well, with past remakes people got used to see older games recreated on an engine from next generations. These remakes often brought some new things to the table, including mechanics introduced in next generations. BDSP remakes not only had a very polarising art style, but were very safe on that regard and didn't really tried to do anything new

I don't think anyone thought GameFreak was developing a new Pokemon gen for current/next-gen Switch *and* remakes at the same time. Not after they publicly said they would take more time on development of future software after the terrible/ unpolished launch of Scarlet/Violet. I am totally fine with outsourcing, as long as they're good. Who cares

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
remake fucking gen 1 (yes let's go pikachu was great fun)
i do not care about anything else.

Yes i recently bought an overpriced as fuck pokemon fire red gba copy

Last edited:
Currently playing Brilliant Diamond and having a blast. I had written off the standard Pokémon games after playing through Legends Arceus. I decided to finally give this remake a try and it feels just right.

The graphics are good. Music seems good. The pacing is great. Diamond and Pearl are one of the few games I have never played. So, maybe these games are just great in general.

If this is what we can expect from ILCA, then please let them do Black and White.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Currently playing Brilliant Diamond and having a blast. I had written off the standard Pokémon games after playing through Legends Arceus. I decided to finally give this remake a try and it feels just right.

The graphics are good. Music seems good. The pacing is great. Diamond and Pearl are one of the few games I have never played. So, maybe these games are just great in general.

If this is what we can expect from ILCA, then please let them do Black and White.
Have you played the original Black and White?

LordCBH

Ewww. Before BDSP all the remakes were in the style of the current generation. I was fucking salivating over the thought of the SWSH style being used for Sinnoh remakes and instead they gave us lazy, poorly made trash….

SCB3

Having just finished up my first playthrough of White, it still holds up very well and is very playable even on a DS lite, expensive though

After the butchering of BDSP, I'm not sure I want a remake from this team ever, give it to the team that did ORAS

Banjo64

cumsessed
If you want to play these games I don’t understand why you wouldn’t just play the DS versions. That gen is the best art style and gameplay combination that the series has ever had. Absolutely beautiful.

LordCBH

If you want to play these games I don’t understand why you wouldn’t just play the DS versions. That gen is the best art style and gameplay combination that the series has ever had. Absolutely beautiful.

This. Just pirate the DS versions since Nintendo doesn’t sell them. If you want a cart though, you’re looking at $100+ for each game. Closer to $200 for the sequels.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Because they're super expensive?
Just ebayed Pokemon black and there’s loads on their with the box, manual and cartridge for BIN £50. Not sure that’s super expensive, it’s the same cost as a Switch game.

Plus, the value will hold. Buy it for £50, sell it for £50 a week later.

Just ebayed Pokemon black and there’s loads on their with the box, manual and cartridge for BIN £50. Not sure that’s super expensive, it’s the same cost as a Switch game.

Plus, the value will hold. Buy it for £50, sell it for £50 a week later.
I am in the US, but I keep hearing about fake cartridges on eBay and Amazon.

Saber

Gold Member

Same with B/W. In my opinion, they are the best Pokemon games ever made, I still have them on my DS and still play them from time to time.
I have both B/W and Platinum.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I have 3 copies of B/W and B2/W2 because the games are that fucking good. Could care less about anything after even though I've played them all minus ORAS

Top Bottom