• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantic Dream: "Some great news coming in January!"

Never played any game made by them. And honestly, I'm interested in Until Dawn much more then I was for Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain.

I'm not really excited for any announcement of theirs, but I'll keep an eye since its a PS4 exclusive.

Having played Beyond Souls...I think it looks much better than Until Dawn to be honest. The story was a bit hockey, but it was well acted and the production values were through the roof.

CyberChulo

Having played Beyond Souls...I think it looks much better than Until Dawn to be honest. The story was a bit hockey, but it was well acted and the production values were through the roof.

I actually put this back two days ago to try and finish it. It continued from the beach infiltration level. I just couldn't get use to the controls and had to turn it off. I'll probably try again next month.

dugdug

Banned
I don't think Sony wants QD to do an uprezzed port, the game would need a full remaster treatment to show up on PS4.

1635731_0.jpg

SURGEdude

David Cage is no longer a writer at Quantic Dream? They hired someone to edit his work at least?

Still annoyed at how bad the writing is in Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain and Beyond (particularly the bad twists and insane blow out of ridiculous sci-fi elements that happen in the latter half of his games). Ruined all of the games for me.

Agreed. So much technical talent held back by a guy who should be writing some shitty sitcom. Quantic has so much talent held back by his hackishness.

The Argus

Are remasters the new cheap way for devs to get their feet wet with the new gen? I remember Naughty Dog said they learned a great deal about the new hardware with TLOU Remastered. I'm sure Rockstar and Square Eidos also learned a lot with their solid remasters. Why release a totally new, now incredibly expensive game when you can get the hang of things on the cheap and still rack in solid sales? Now in year two of the cycle it's becoming a little old but I see why they do it.

I was too hyped for this, the website is trash (very little content), and for some reason I have to use chrome to view it, with firefox is not working. And they release Fahrenheit only for PC and iOS and the iOS version cost 10€.

really looking forward to a story driven game on ps4. Outside of last of us remastered the system just has nothing with good story :/

GnawtyDog

Banned
They added some interesting "making of" videos for the Sorcerer and Beyond 2 Souls. The motion capture section is pretty good.

Not really sure what the news were supposed to be other than Fahrenheit releasing today.

I personally love that there are studios like QD on the market. If you want your RPG, JPRG, FPS, TPS action-adventure, platformer etc...go ahead - plenty on the market to choose, first party and third party. If you want a mature, story-driven cinematic and interactive game, Quantic Dream games are for you. This idea that all games have to pass through some sort of filter to please everyone's taste is not reality.

New website: http://www.quanticdream.com/en/#!/en/home

photogaz

I hope their next games are a return to form. I think they had two PS4 titles in development a while back and I'm pretty sure a new writer and director joined them recently so that is a 3rd. Several is 3 or more, maybe a bit of an overstatement.

Cube

I am holding out hope that they will go back and make another Murder Mystery game. Heavy Rain was a great experience.

iceatcs

They added some interesting "making of" videos for the Sorcerer and Beyond 2 Souls. The motion capture section is pretty good.

Not really sure what the news were supposed to be other than Fahrenheit releasing today.

I personally love that there are studios like QD on the market. If you want your RPG, JPRG, FPS, TPS action-adventure, platformer etc...go ahead - plenty on the market to chose, first party and third party. If you want a mature, story-driven cinematic and interactive game, Quantic Dream games are for you. This idea that all games have to pass through some sort of filter to please everyone's taste is not reality.

New website: http://www.quanticdream.com/en/#!/en/home
Nice, can't wait what their next big one.

I argeed, it is one kind genre. Similar to Telltate studio but for mature audience.

Top Bottom