• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to Steam and Retail on 9/14

I can understand that some will enjoy the shooting parts a lot more than I did but those are less than a third of the game. I don't think anyone can defend the woeful platforming and the being told to stand in a certain spot and press Y to manipulate time to do a canned sequence is a waste of a cool premise that could have been used to make puzzles.

I agree on the hold Y to have a canned sequence showing up but the i really enjoyed the story and the shooting. In fact the shooting and encounters are really fucking cool but it takes time before you get the cool powers to do cool things. The guns feel and sounds are what i expect from a Remedy game and for that, i had a blast with the game, especially the later parts of the game.

EmiPrime

This is an absolute lie. Must have just watched an Angry Joe review of it. Ha

It's very easy for me to prove that I have played the game. Do you want to apologise?

I agree on the hold Y to have a canned sequence showing up but the i really enjoyed the story and the shooting. In fact the shooting and encounters are really fucking cool but it takes time before you get the cool powers to do cool things. The guns feel and sounds are what i expect from a Remedy game and for that, i had a blast with the game, especially the later parts of the game.

I wish there was more variety with the guns and other than stacking bullets your time powers don't really interact with the guns. The shooting is at its best when you can be really aggressive (those who play it like a standard cover based shooter are missing the point) but not being able to shoot from the hip ruins the flow. You also can't interact with the environment to kill enemies with time powers, there's just the obligatory exploding barrels.

Haunted

Great to have the game come to the PC, finally. A second chance! Though of course a re-release will never do as well as a simultaneous launch would have.

The game is a beast in a good way. I do hope Steam build helps performance some though.

I have tried to get into this game multiple times over the last two months. It's average at best and that's putting it nicely even. 2006 ass gameplay design with early last gen shooter gunplay. The story is the only thing that's interesting but it's not enough to save the game.

No idea how they fucked up so bad after Alan Wake, which was incredible.

Fardeen

what really puzzles me how can this game run on directx 11, this was a dx12 game. i mean it has an insane number of draw calls and optimise for dx 12, i really want to see how it performs on dx11. i would like to to know if it runs on a native resolution instead of this 4 images reconsctruction

Felensis

Banned
Praise the lord! Didn't see that one coming! Glad that they listened relatively early to what the customers really want. I'll definitely get Quantum Break on Steam <3
Sales on Windows Store must be desastrous...

Good news. Hope it pays off better for Remedy here than it has on other platforms.

Seems a pretty accurate summation of the game to me. It is most definitely not the place to look if you're after a gameplay experience offering anything resembling depth or challenge.

You responding to the guy with "This is an absolute lie!" is a pretty hilarious overreaction though, so thanks for the laugh there at least.

Fredrik

I have tried to get into this game multiple times over the last two months. It's average at best and that's putting it nicely even. 2006 ass gameplay design with early last gen shooter gunplay. The story is the only thing that's interesting but it's not enough to save the game.

No idea how they fucked up so bad after Alan Wake, which was incredible.
What's so bad about the gameplay?? I thought it was great and not in any way 2006 with the cool time abilities. The only thing I didn't like was to half hour long TV shows that suddenly turned my planned gaming time to TV time.

oh ya. I haven't bought a physical PC game in god knows how long; didn't even think about the fact that console games were blu ray and PC games aren't (...why aren't they?)

Movie studios are partly to blame for this. They forced incredibly shitty DRM for blu-ray movies and you must have paid software to watch them that is not even included with the cheapest blu-ray drives.

So nobody bought blu-ray drives, DVD is still the best physical format for movies on PC and games continue to be on DVD so there is no reason to buy a blu-ray drive. Also every game comes with a key for Steam, Origin or Uplay so you can choose whether to install from disc or download, and you can't trade in the games.

GHG

Gold Member
Good news.

Hopefully this happens with Forza Horizon 3 as well so we can get the game without any issues with wheel support.

Granjinha

Seems a pretty accurate summation of the game to me. It is most definitely not the place to look if you're after a gameplay experience offering anything resembling depth or challenge.

You responding to the guy with "This is an absolute lie!" is a pretty hilarious overreaction though, so thanks for the laugh there at least.

I mean, you're also the one saying that it doesn't have depth or challenge without any kind of argument. The powers and how they flow together are the opposite of something shallow.

I wonder what Tim Sweeney thinks about this new development, and how it affects his "Microsoft is sabotaging Steam/Win32" campaign.

I enjoyed it and still play it sometimes. I am going to try hard mode soon.

I also think this is an exception and not a norm for MS games. Sea of theives and gears 4 aren't coming to steam.

dmix90

Amazing news! Really thought they will keep this game hostage to a shitty platform/store.

- Regional pricing.
- DX11 Renderer( according to Remedy GDC presentation they are worked on DX11 API majority of dev time and shoehorned DX12 later ), hopefully that means better performance on NVIDIA hardware and mGPU support!!!
- Third party injectors( RTSS framepacing... all over my face! ) Game has a good 30 fps framerate lock which feels nice with gamepad and m/kb but input consistency is all over the place with unlocked framerate... hopefully it is going to be fixed.
- Offline TV Show part, hopefully with proper encoding this time lol.

Already beat the game but if the price is right then might as well play again. Really good game and this version is going to be perfect for a second playthrough with alternative choices :p

Xyber

Looks like I will get to play this game some day after all then. I hope the performance is better in DX11 (ironically) since they have more experience with that.

NeoRaider

It's confirmed that visually there isn't any difference between DX11 and DX12 version. It's the same game.

Now i am curious about the performance but they sound very optimistic.

Awesome. Wouldn't be surprised if MS just releases games as a timed exclusive for the Windows Store, then puts it out on Steam like a year later or something

Top Bottom