• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quentin Tarantino Drops ‘The Movie Critic’ As His Final Film.

calistan

He shouldn’t have announced it, now he’s just got a lot of unnecessary pressure to make it his best movie ever.
He's never come close to capturing the zeitgeist like he did with Pulp Fiction, and he never will.

Must be galling to rate yourself highly as an auteur and yet know that your best work was 30 years ago - I think that's why he made that '10 films and done' rule.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
It's a movie about a movie critic who watches some amazing movies and critiques them and then he wakes up and realizes it was a dream and all the movies actually suck in Hollywood so he goes on a killing spree and kills everyone who's ever made a movie. Then he does some coke off of some chicks feet.

violence

It's a movie about a movie critic who watches some amazing movies and critiques them and then he wakes up and realizes it was a dream and all the movies actually suck in Hollywood so he goes on a killing spree and kills everyone who's ever made a movie. Then he does some coke off of some chicks feet.
I like this. Can we work a Nazi in there?

He said he would make kill bill 3 with that little girl who should be all grown up by now. I’ve enjoyed django and kill Bill far more than his other movies since pulp fiction.
This seems like the safest option in terms of mass appeal.

Whatever it is, I'm glad he bailed on The Movie Critic. It sounded too self-indulgent and similar to OUATIH which was mostly forgettable.

violence

This seems like the safest option in terms of mass appeal.

Whatever it is, I'm glad he bailed on The Movie Critic. It sounded too self-indulgent and similar to OUATIH which was mostly forgettable.
In an interview he said if he did Kill Bill 3, it would have to be his best movie or his whole career is ruined. His final film would likely be epilogue-y.

My hope is that he’s moved away from that idea and considers Kill Bill again. Or would it be Kill Bride? Sounds like a town in Scotland.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
He’s now working on:

The Foot Critic

pulp fiction feet GIF by Digg

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Good that last movie was the worst pile of junk ever, do something different

What ? Once upon a time in Hollywood "the worst pile of junk ever " ?

I'd like to hear what you think of Michael Bay's Transformers saga/MCU Infinite trash/DC terribad movies and whatever else passes as cinema today if OUATIH is "worst pile of junk".

C'mon man, hyperbole much ? 😉

near

Gold Member

I'd like to hear what you think of Michael Bay's Transformers saga/MCU Infinite trash/DC terribad movies and whatever else passes as cinema today if OUATIH is "worst pile of junk".

Leave Michael Bay out of this! 😭

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

It’s pretty bad. Maybe not Michael bay bad but bad by Quentin standards. No plot. Shit characters. Bad writing. Just a love letter to Hollywood that feels like him jerking off Hollywood. Such a nothing boring movie.

He tried to salvage it with a fun last 5 minutes but it fell flat for me. I don’t care for this rewriting history thing he’s doing. It barely worked in inglorious bastards but not here. Should’ve never made this movie.

Last edited:

CGNoire

He said he would make kill bill 3 with that little girl who should be all grown up by now. I’ve enjoyed django and kill Bill far more than his other movies since pulp fiction.
This. I want Kill Kiddo.
And let IG take a crack at another anime section while you at it.

It’s pretty bad. Maybe not Michael bay bad but bad by Quentin standards. No plot. Shit characters. Bad writing. Just a love letter to Hollywood that feels like him jerking off Hollywood. Such a nothing boring movie.

He tried to salvage it with a fun last 5 minutes but it fell flat for me. I don’t care for this rewriting history thing he’s doing. It barely worked in inglorious bastards but not here. Should’ve never made this movie.
I’ll stand on the hill with you. Once Upon lacked something and I’m not sure what, but deep down to me it felt like maybe the dialogue/writing was the problem, which sucks because that is a key strength of QT. Next to titans like Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, it simply doesn’t compare.

I’ve watched almost all of his films multiple times. I watched Once Upon once and I would probably walk away from the screen if I somehow was experiencing a second watch.

He wasted an easy assist of having both Leo and Brad in the same movie. If this cancelled project was going to be more of that, I’m glad it’s gone.

DKehoe

That's a pity since it sounded interesting. But if there's another idea he's more engaged with then I'm cool with whatever film he wants to make.

JCK75

I hope the moment he retires he starts to become bored, and then has so many ideas eating him up inside that he comes back with a whole string of movies.

thefool

What's the fixation with the final film. I read the headlines this morning and thought he dropped the idea this was going to be his final film.
After reading carefully the news is actually he ain't making this film anymore. It might sound the same but it isn't.

Last edited:

Little Mac

There was a rumor long ago that Kill Bill Volume 3 would focus on Copperhead’s (Vivica A Fox’s character) daughter seeking revenge on The Bride. Sounded like a cool premise but I really doubt Tarantino will revisit Kill Bill for his final film.

rm082e

Okay, question: Is the rumor that he's canceling The Movie Critic and won't do that film at all? Or he's still doing it, but it's no longer his last film and he'll do at least one more (maybe KB3)?

BlackTron

So it's another alternate history movie. This one is his alternate autobiography

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Great career, Tarantino going back to the drawing board is the right thing to do I think even if people disagree with it.

Top Bottom