• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R.U.S.E. |OT| Of Feints and Schwerpunkts

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Reached Germany in the campaign. I still like it! :lol

Once im done with the campaign i will be playing online and checking the Operations.

oktarb

What's the point of exp and levels?

what are they for? nothing...wha? its like people just program bullet points off a marketing sheet without actually thinking about what they're doing. exp - check. levels - check.

Am I wrong, am I wmissing something?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
oktarb said:
What's the point of exp and levels?

what are they for? nothing...wha? its like people just program bullet points off a marketing sheet without actually thinking about what they're doing. exp - check. levels - check.

Am I wrong, am I wmissing something?
Its used for Matchmaking and Ranked matches, there are different leagues based on your current level.

Im just 3 levels away from finishing the SP.

oktarb

I think they missed an opportunity here with exp and levels. perks, tweaking RUSEs, different units, they could have added a whole new layer of depth. Too bad :(

Fersis

oktarb said:
I think they missed an opportunity here with exp and levels. perks, tweaking RUSEs, different units, they could have added a whole new layer of depth. Too bad :(
Thats Call Of Duty !

I finished the campaign, very enjoyable. Great voice acting.
Gonna start playing online now.

Gentlemen, apologies for not having done a broadcast recently. Having a baby, naturally, puts a dent in one's time! Can't promise when the next one will occur, but hopefully sooner, rather than later.

But good news!

THE MANHATTAN PROJECT PACK

You heard right, nukes. Free extra content will be released in December on Xbox Live®, PlayStation Network® and Steam®.

“The Manhattan Project Pack” will include three exclusive multiplayer maps along with two additional multiplayer modes. The multiplayer maps will face you off against armies in North African territories, in Italy and in Holland for 2vs2 and 3vs3 battles.

- “Nuclear war” will enable you to produce nuclear Long Tom cannons, with mutual nuclear threat involved. The destructive scope of R.U.S.E. just flew off the charts.

- In “Total War”, the battle starts in 1939 and History advances every ten minutes, unlocking new units and technologies.

The exact release date of The Manhattan Project Pack will be announced soon. Keep your ears to the ground!

I'm just waiting on the PS3 patch. I really want to spend a lot of time in the multiplayer, but the lagging connection issues hamper efforts. Regardless, this sounds like a fantastic add-on. And free as well!

So the Long Toms will be available for all factions I take it.. as if the Russians aren't bad enough with their long range arty. :p

I do wonder how expensive these beasts will be...I mean, I doubt we'll be able to Nuke-spam.

Regardless, nothing a group of radio-silenced and fanatical paratroops or divebombers can't put a stop to. :D

Fersis

Free DLC my favorite kind of DLC :lol

Hey if someone wants to play some online Co Op just PM for my PSN ID.
I have a mic and an awful english waiting for you!

Also : How the hell do you stop the USSR artillery? I use the camouflage net and they keep raining bombs!

I usually play as Russia, so don't have much experience attacking them. I don't usually keep them well defended though, just have some light AA support. So the best way to take mine out would be to send small rush teams since the USSR isn't a great turtle. Either that or send in the dive bombers. Those damned Stukas. :(

I'd say recon the hell outta the Russkis and radio-silence a line of dive bombers or bombers into the area. They're goddamn insane with their arty, that's for sure.

EDIT: On the same page, Last! :lol

Tailzo

I've been keeping an eye on the price of the game, it's under 200NOK now, so my copy is on its way :) I found it cheapest at zavvi.

Corto

I didn't want to start a LTTP thread as it is not that late... :D But I just wanted to post that I'm now rusing through the game campaign on my PS3 and I'm just sad I didn't pick this earlier. Great game and it did a thing that I thought would be impossible making me break my non-stop GT5 sessions. Great feeling playing it with the Move, great effects mainly the seamless zoom in/zoom out from the war board to the campaign terrain, and great cut scenes so far contextualizing the game. I'm too afraid to delve just now on the multiplayer but I'm planning on doing so when I'm more confident on my commanding abilities! :D

Great stuff, Corto. Personally, I think you've jumped in at a great time. This month, the free DLC pack is dropping - undoubtedly with a patch to iron out some niggles on the PS3 side of multiplayer. But keep us informed of your journey through the game. The Operations missions are a great place to test your mettle, too!

The Pack of The Rising Sun DLC is out!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/21996/

The Pack of The Rising Sun gives you the opportunity to command the Japanese Army in solo and multiplayer modes. You will also make the most of 28 new units and factories in 3 exclusive operations dedicated to the Imperial Japanese Army (Gold for the Brave, Ostfriesland, and For Honour).

Gonna try this out later today.

Eugen have been awesome with the post-game releases for this one. Three packs now? Adding the Japanese was a good move, although I want to see more Pacific maps down the line.

Some images of the Japanese units (click for 1080p)

What's this? An experimental super-heavy tank with three turrets and flame throwers? Yes please!

Hell yeah!

Now for a beauty shot...

Meh, their loss. Like you said, it's awesome that Eugen are still supporting and expanding the game.

Japan feels pretty good, will have to spend some more time with it obviously, but I like what I've seen so far! To have so many factions that all look and play differently is the real achievement of this game I think.

mbmonk

Is the game really this polished?

Will you fix the last bugs in the game?

We do not plan another "bug-fixing" update for R.U.S.E. We read the forums and comments on Facebook and elsewhere, and we do see some people complaining that the game is "broken".
The problem is, per our internal tests and customer support teams, no major issue has been identified so far. What we see are only isolated issues, or problems that are beyond what we can fix (mostly related to network/matchmaking services).

It does not mean that we will never provide an update, but as of today, we haven’t identified any issue that would justify a patch. If you encounter issues, it is important that you get in touch with our support teams, so that we can keep track of what issues we have, and determine if they are widespread or not.

I've had no issues. It was a little choppy for PS3 multi around launch, but it's pretty damn smooth these days. I imagine it's even more slick on PC.

Very tempted to double-dip on the PC version now I've got a decent rig.

Might see if there's a sale down the line or a gold version making its way into the commercial sphere.

Finally picked up R.U.S.E. today from GameStop, during their B2G1 Free Sale today. I downloaded the demo awhile back but never tried it out. Since I have the complete Move setup, I'm excited to try it out!

STEAM DAILY SALE ALERT:

Go on, pick it up for 10 bucks, plus the DLC bundle for 5. Enjoy a differently paced and glorious WW2 RTS. Seriously. So good.gif

It's Steam's daily deal right now. Tempted to go for it because it's SteamPlay now. Its demo isn't, though. What do you think?

Edit: nvm, don't have a fast enough CPU.

Bump.

I love this game. Yes, I play it on 360, but I still enjoy it immensely on the console.

I even really like the SP campaign/operations. So much fun.

If anyone wants to play MP with me, say hi on Live etc!

Top Bottom