• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Racism" against Africans in Black Community: Why is that?

v1oz

While growing up with Nigerian parents, I was never taught to look down on my fellow African Americans. Maybe that's because when my parents got here they were treated unfairly by other races at that time.

My father always told me that there was no difference from me and an African american. Heck, my best friend was Jamaican. I did go through a lot of rascisim from African Americans and Caucasians. Never really felt like I fitted in because of my name. Felt a lot jealously from my black community even though I always argued that at the end of the day we are not treated differently.

I've travelled to Africa, they think I am African American and I get treated like a King. They do not know I'm Nigerian unless I tell them.
We are all the same. Whether you were born in Ghana, Brazil or Jamaica. We are the same. It's a shame that there are so many destructive elements out there trying to put us down. There needs to be much better education in African history.

Top Bottom