• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege Closed Alpha (PC only) - Registration Now Open

8GB RAM minimum sounds ludicrous.

Why is it?

Both next gen consoles have 8GB of RAM and this game won't be released on previous gen.

EDIT: If RAM is a concern, then it is one of the cheapest and easiest parts to upgrade in a PC. Well worth investing in, because this will become the minimum standard for most AAA games.

Corpekata

Banned
Why is it?

Both next gen consoles have 8GB of RAM and this game won't be released on previous gen.

EDIT: If RAM is a concern, then it is one of the cheapest and easiest parts to upgrade in a PC. Well worth investing in, because this will become the minimum standard for most games.

It's ludicrous because no game on PC has ever touched near 8 GB of ram, and the console situation is not directly analogous.

kpqWKKK.png

As with most Alphas, not everyone gets in.

This is the conformation e-mail I just got for registering.

garath

This worked for me. Thanks Diesel.

Why is it?

EDIT: If RAM is a concern, then it is one of the cheapest and easiest parts to upgrade in a PC. Well worth investing in, because this will become the minimum standard for most AAA games.

It's ludicrous because no game on PC has ever touched near 8 GB of ram, and the console situation is not directly analogous.

I have to agree with barney here. While no game is eating up 8gigs by itself, I've had plenty brush 6+ gigs in my 8 gig system and really put me on the edge of not having enough with windows and all the other apps I have open. I've been considering a straight upgrade to 16gigs especially with it getting so cheap. 64bit clients eat up a lot more than they used to.

mtodavk

Ahhhh yes! Signed up...really hope I get an invite. Ever since the reveal trailer, I've been so pumped for this. First Ubi game I've been excited for in a while.

Corpekata

Banned
This worked for me. Thanks Diesel.

I have to agree with barney here. While no game is eating up 8gigs by itself, I've had plenty brush 6+ gigs in my 8 gig system and really put me on the edge of not having enough with windows and all the other apps I have open. I've been considering a straight upgrade to 16gigs especially with it getting so cheap. 64bit clients eat up a lot more than they used to.

I'm sure some games will push it. What I am saying is that THIS game will not be the one to do it, and it should not be taken at face value, just like every other game that's ever had 8GB RAM listed in the past year. It most certainly will not be the minimum at launch.

Only game that's ever gotten close for me at 8 gigs was Dying Light and that game had a notorious memory leak.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Took the Survey. Weird how they're asking about Counter-Strike (close to Rainbow Six, I guess), Battlefield, Call of Duty, Titanfall, Halo (TOTALLY different from Rainbow Six).

Also said my PC meets the requirements but I'm not sure if I match the RAM requirements. Wouldn't be a big deal to get an upgrade, but even then I dunno if I'll get in since I haven't really played a Rainbow Six title seriously.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. My 560 Ti only has 1GB of vram, so I was honest and said I didn't meet the requirements. Maybe (hopefully) they want to know how the game runs for people below the minimum specs.

impact

Banned
I'm registered

If 100+ hours of CS in the last 6 months doesn't get me in then Ubisoft must eat shit

I kind of worried about this honestly. I've been a big fan of R6 and loved what they showed with Patriots. Story and planning against AI was a big part of the franchise, and now they're chasing the CS:GO market (wise) but pushing single player aside. Like chopping off half of what R6 has always had. One of those games where playing with friends will be essential, like Evolve. Hopefully there's a lot more to show that appeals to those who like to play on their own.

Can I see some of this footage that makes it look like they're chasing the CSGO market? That would be a much better direction than the CoD/BF/Titanfall/crap market

Gaz_RB

Just found out about this and registered. I really hope I get in, this is my most anticipated game of 2015- which is saying a lot considering what else is coming out. As great as Vegas was, I think the multiplayer in this looks like a great change to the series.

Top Bottom