• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Disgraced

Blitz needs a buff. They should give the shield guys those side arm shotguns. I would definitely play them then.
I don't think they need that. Montagne works worked 😢 great and Fuze is no slouch with a shield and a skilled player. Blitz needs his head hitbox reduced or his shield hitbox increased, and perhaps a slight increase to his flash range. Though I would like to see a new operator with a very short-range shotgun built in their shield, or one that uses a submachine gun.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry guys we just gotta wait for the patch to the latest patch and then possibly another patch to the second patch that didn't fix any of the bugs that the first patch introduced. This is just standard software patching procedure.

Auctopus

Nothing like coming back from 0-3 down to win 5-4.

Yep, felt strong after quite a frustrating set of games.

I've got the cheekiest P90 snipe to share too, plus I watched the video back of Ibiza where there was nobody in the window when I got shot and I was right, but these were the guys who were playing KB+M so it might've just been too quick, I'll share that video too.

CrayToes

Yep, felt strong after quite a frustrating set of games.

I've got the cheekiest P90 snipe to share too, plus I watched the video back of Ibiza where there was nobody in the window when I got shot and I was right, but these were the guys who were playing KB+M so it might've just been too quick, I'll share that video too.

I eagerly await both clips.

Had a few amazing rounds today. We had a teammate downing us over and over again so we killed him after he killed one of our teammates, then somebody quit so it was 2v5 before it even began, and we ended up winning still

Had another match where I killed 4 as Mira 1 round, got (accidentally) teamkilled the second and then took out 4 in the 3rd round. I saved both of those clips. Mira one included a through the wall headshot and a c4 kill through the ceiling

Auctopus

I eagerly await both clips.

https://vid.me/O6gV : Here's me getting shot through a window when the other player wasn't there. This might've been lag compensation but this was also the team that we were pretty sure was using KB+M so the snipe could've just been uber quick. Either way, on my screen you only see the tip of his helmet before I was killed.

https://vid.me/0Cd6 : P90 Snipe from the last game we played last night.

https://vid.me/fGQ5 : This was my 1v 5 Caveira Ace I was talking abotu from a couple weeks ago.

I don't think they need that. Montagne works worked 😢 great and Fuze is no slouch with a shield and a skilled player. Blitz needs his head hitbox reduced or his shield hitbox increased, and perhaps a slight increase to his flash range. Though I would like to see a new operator with a very short-range shotgun built in their shield, or one that uses a submachine gun.

I'm just thinking if they gave a shield one of the shotguns, you would basically have to find a new way of dealing with a raised shield because they could just blast you. Could add a new dimension.

Rocketz

At this point I'm fine with finishing the season out and getting a Siege 2. It needs new groundwork.

Just do it like Garden Warfare 2 did and pull all the old characters you unlocked over and adding some new ones.

https://vid.me/O6gV : Here's me getting shot through a window when the other player wasn't there. This might've been lag compensation but this was also the team that we were pretty sure was using KB+M so the snipe could've just been uber quick. Either way, on my screen you only see the tip of his helmet before I was killed.

Definitely peekers advantage

Peek the peeker or wait for a better opportunity.

That... wouldn't fix Ubisoft lol

Disgraced

I'm just thinking if they gave a shield one of the shotguns, you would basically have to find a new way of dealing with a raised shield because they could just blast you. Could add a new dimension.
What I mean is, Monty and Fuze can already totally blast you. I get a kind of stupid amount of kills waiting for reloads and retreats as Monty using the revolver, and my friend can do the same thing with Fuze, and we're only golds. In the pro invitational there were a bunch of disgusting Monty kills in CQC. It isn't easy, but good shield players will bite your hands off if you're not careful along with providing their natural support.

*grunts* Well SIGINT, when you're in a tight spot or fighting in close-quarters, sometimes a handgun is better than a rifle.

CrayToes

https://vid.me/0Cd6 : P90 Snipe from the last game we played last night.

https://vid.me/fGQ5 : This was my 1v 5 Caveira Ace I was talking abotu from a couple weeks ago.

Those clips are all brilliant for varying reasons. That P90 shot was beautiful.

Auctopus

Haven't played since the new patch dropped, but is this the worst patch yet?

What's worse is the bugs are getting just unexplainable.

They do a patch where the notes just involve mechanical balancing and somehow operator faces have changed or a map suddenly has a clipping issue. I give Ubisoft a lot of patience but the bizzareness of each new problem recently is really testing me.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in their offices because whilst there most certainly must be some inefficient or clumsy developers in that studio, there must be some some sort managerial/workflow roadblock that's causing these issues. The fixes break more than they fix (no hyperbole), they take absolutely ages to come out (waiting months to fix map-breaking bugs) and the only communication they have with fans is a poor Ubisoft Rep in the subreddit who clearly isn't really a part of the QA feedback loop (if there even is one).

There's so many good suggestions every day on the subreddit (some easier to implement than others) and I'd love to see the heights this game could reach with a support system/PTR system akin to Overwatch but right now, I feel like this game in a year or so could be a game that never was.

there must be some some sort managerial/workflow roadblock that's causing these issues.

I imagine its simply a case of Ubisoft diverting resources to wherever they see the next big influx of cash coming from, namely For Honour and Ghost Recon.

The Seige team is left as a skeleton crew with little QA support.

It's a shame because underneath all this bullshit is an incredible game.

Fury451

Banned
I finally did it. I finally got the "1 random careless shot through a wood barricade window to get an instant kill headshot" that I've seen so often online.

#nextlevel

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I imagine its simply a case of Ubisoft diverting resources to wherever they see the next big influx of cash coming from, namely For Honour and Ghost Recon.

The Seige team is left as a skeleton crew with little QA support.

It's a shame because underneath all this bullshit is an incredible game.

Is this the first massively popular online game for Ubisoft? It seems their business processes don't know how to handle something that has long legs. The usual Ubisoft fix is to release a new sequel, but this thing has so much momentum that the continued support it needs conflicts with the resources they are using to deploy their other games.

Such a shame - it's a great game that deserves a far more deserving publisher.

Auctopus

There was something irritating me whilst playing last night that I can't put my finger on. Maybe it was because I was playing kinda bad and made multiple amateur mistakes or maybe it's 'cause we lost a few rounds that we should've won.

I dont know what it is but I was just getting kinda more and more irked each round whether we won or loss - there's something sort of frustrating about the current gameplay loop/match flow that I can't really explain.

Thanks for the games, either way. The game would be ten times worse without dragging on it with you guys, haha.

Gears is my favorite multiplayer game so I kind love the buullllllllllllllll fuckin god damn piece of shit game moments they make you feel something even if that feeling is only pure rage. at least it's something to fill the void.

CrayToes

There was something irritating me whilst playing last night that I can't put my finger on. Maybe it was because I was playing kinda bad and made multiple amateur mistakes or maybe it's 'cause we lost a few rounds that we should've won.

I dont know what it is but I was just getting kinda more and more irked each round whether we won or loss - there's something sort of frustrating about the current gameplay loop/match flow that I can't really explain.

Thanks for the games, either way. The game would be ten times worse without dragging on it with you guys, haha.

I honestly think they've changed the netcode. I always have a hugely frustrating time playing on US servers since the patch (as you've probably been able to tell). I'm only getting MVP and carrying Alpine 4 out 5 games recently :(

I feel the same. It's pissing me off.

It doesn't matter what I do lately, it's the wrong choice. Play slow and methodical, killed ASAP. Play fast and loose, killed ASAP. I'm not a dumb player and know angles and all of that but I can't kill anyone nor stay alive.

I honestly think they've changed the netcode. I always have a hugely frustrating time playing on US servers since the patch (as you've probably been able to tell). I'm only getting MVP and carrying Alpine 4 out 5 games recently :(

This truth hurts.

KodaRuss

I got to play some more last night after taking a break from Nioh for a bit but Mira and Jackal are both really great operators. I hope Ubi keeps making operators that shake up the formula each season.

Not saying I disliked many of the previous operators but these two really changed up the game a lot and I think it is a great thing.

I feel the same. It's pissing me off.

It doesn't matter what I do lately, it's the wrong choice. Play slow and methodical, killed ASAP. Play fast and loose, killed ASAP. I'm not a dumb player and know angles and all of that but I can't kill anyone nor stay alive.

This truth hurts.

I've been getting dumped on recently as well. I thought I lost my mojo but maybe they just fucked something up.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Why is the reload button the same as the plant defuser button? Or to put it another way... why doesn't plant defuser take priority when you're in that situation, especially with only a few seconds remaining?

Why.

I'm enjoying the game and saving up for my first operator that will cost 25k. I am debating between Jackal or Caveira.

Also why do most popular R6 youtubers content seem so low in quality. Just gameplay with a title that implies that they will be sharing tips.

Fury451

Banned
I'm enjoying the game and saving up for my first operator that will cost 25k. I am debating between Jackal or Caveira.

Also why do most popular R6 youtubers content seem so low in quality. Just gameplay with a title that implies that they will be sharing tips.

Both are pretty specialized operators honestly. They have a very unique playstyle required to really be good with them.

If you're married to only picking one of those two, I would go with Jackal, because his assault rifle is beastly.

I'd recommend Buck or Frost for serious consideration though as well.

This was fun

kSAJaY2.jpg

the absolute best and most useful DLC operators are Valkyrie and Hibana. Both also have really good guns.

If you know the game well enough, Caveira is a super fun pick. She's high risk, high reward, but also can be problematic if you aren't aware of the game and dont know when to pull back or where to hunt.

Jackal has a fantastic gun that I imagine will get nerfed.

Really? How terrible was I?

I think 2 of my teammates left, leaving us 3 v 5, and I think we were all recruits.

Top Bottom