• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

OG Kush

I've started equipping laser sights in my most of my primaries. Has saved my arse a few times and I feel the positives outweigh the negatives.

Foxxsoxx

Yeah if IQ could just disable an electronic for like 5 seconds or so that'd just be the neatest.

For a sequel, I really hope they add a lot more variation in weather/time of day and most importantly animations. So many animations are super clunk and feel really cheaply made compared to games like BF, TF, and COD.

Oh and maybe some sort of system where I don't have to manually back out and go through 3 different menus every time I want to change something on an operator.

Seriously, the menus in this game are trash tier. They've gotten better but they're still pretty fucking awful.

EDIT: Just an idea, but I do wish there could be more to do after you die. Pretty much the concept of drones and cameras but expanded upon.

I've started equipping laser sights in my most of my primaries. Has saved my arse a few times and I feel the positives outweigh the negatives.

My friend and I have been exclusively using only shotguns with laser sights for a few days now and we're legitimately playing better than we regularly do!

A sequel should only happen next gen, and even then, I fear this is the last we'll see of Siege.

With a next gen engine.... Weather and lighting would be huge.

Funny enough with the animations, I can't stand other shooters anymore for lacking forward facing legs when prone, or no leaning.

nOoblet16

I really love playing as IQ because the 552 Commando is so much fun to use and those grenades are nice, but her utility is sooo bad. Like you'd think it'd be amazing for spotting Valkyrie cams and all sorts of other shit but there's just so much random shit that gets marked plus the way it gets displayed is that it becomes quite hard to tell what's where when you are in a game, especially when you are already inside the building. You want to be able to scan things and figure out what they are quickly when inside but the gadget doesn't really allow you to do that. The last time I played IQ (about 2 weeks ago) she was still scanning friendly gadgets, this is totally pointless and further clutters the scanners. I donno if they have fixed this yet.

Overall, I loved playing as IQ but I can do almost everything she can do better as Buck, yea his weapon recoils a lot more but it's equally as powerful.

I wonder how they could sell a sequel.

So, it has to be a brand-new game on a new engine but do operators carry over? Are there a new set of Vanilla operators who are bastardisations of the original ones?

I feel they'd have to make some significant changes/improvements to be able to sell the title at £50.
I think they should do a sequel to Siege itself rather than go in a completely new direction, what they have here is very unique and they could and should build upon that.

Basically do a sequel where the engine changes allowes for some new gameplay or game mode, have environmental effects and weather affect gameplay, change map design philosophy so that destruction is used even better, now this third point is probably possible with the current engine itself but they obviously limited the destruction for game balancing purpose. But perhaps they can go a few steps ahead and still manage to find a good balance. They'll ofcourse have to make a lot of new operators, but I suppose there will be some overlaps if they keep the same idea of reinforcements and what not.

Also I remember that they said the reason they don't have doors in Siege is because it kind of became redundant, but perhaps they could introduce door opening, breach an clear mechanics in some way. Maybe have steel doors? I donno, I definitely don't envy the designer's job as they'll have a very tough job to follow up with a direct sequel.

I love IQ but giving her grenades was always a stupid idea from Ubisoft's balancing team where they just shuffle around frag grenades to avoid actually having to fix an operator. Nades don't match her playstyle at all and just seem like a sloppy addition. Personally I think she is fine since the buff that allows her gadget to more easily see objects, not show teammate drones and show enemies who are on cameras. She's the anti-electronics operator that's most 'technical' to use her ability effectively (as opposed to Thatcher and Twitch) but that works because she gets 3 speed and amazing guns. Her pick rate will be low because of that, you can always guarantee electronics dying with Thatch but you can't guarantee kills.

I've been wanting environmental effects like heavy rain or snowy white-outs that obstruct vision since Black Ice. I guess that's at odds with the focus on competitive play where those elements would have to be turned off or something. For casual play I think it would add a whole new dimension of tension and atmosphere though.

TCRS

Banned
trying new classes. have gotten pretty good with Mira but still suck with IQ. the machine gun is good but I don't know how to use her gadget. seems a bit useless except for shooting traps through barricaded windows.

nOoblet16

trying new classes. have gotten pretty good with Mira but still suck with IQ. the machine gun is good but I don't know how to use her gadget. seems a bit useless except for shooting traps through barricaded windows.

You aren't doing anything wrong, her gadget is more or less useless. The only electronics that you actually want to scan with it are:

1) Valkyrie cams, 50% of the time it doesn't work cause it's out of range while the camera keeps spotting you.
2) Defenders who have their cameras open, very rare that you'd come across one and realise that it's a defender as they are indistinguishable from other electronics. So it might as well be a magpie or a defender, you wouldn't know.

Totally useless, it's even more worthless to use the gadget inside the buildings as it's better and safer to just keep your primary up and look for a glowing blue ball (cams) than it is to take your gadget and pistol out while you look around.

Pratfall

iqs gadget is pretty worthless honestly. if you wanna play a 3 speed you are almost always better off with ash. iq is basically good guns and frags.

if there were more flexibility with where mute and bandit could place their gadgets or if thatcher grenades had a very small radius, iq would become more useful

IQ's gadget has some uses. Mainly tracking a Pulse through walls and floors to wallbang him. Outside of that and occasionally spotting hidden Valkyrie cams, her gadget isn't that useful. Still as a counter pick to Pulse and to a lesser extent, Valkyrie, she's a good pick over Ash. Especially now with the smaller hitboxes.

JJShadow

I grabbed the game a week ago and I'm having so much fun with this, I'm still level 35 so I just scratched the surface, but I'm definitely making some progress and playing better each game

One thing that bothers me a bit is that the matchmaking seems to be extremely bad sometimes? (talking about casual play here) I mean, half of my games I get completely stomped (or my team gets a flawless win) and when I check the player levels, one of the team is composed of five 100+ level guys and in the other one most people are around 20-40 or so, and I've seen this a lot already. Is this normal?

I grabbed the game a week ago and I'm having so much fun with this, I'm still level 35 so I just scratched the surface, but I'm definitely making some progress and playing better each game

One thing that bothers me a bit is that the matchmaking seems to be extremely bad sometimes? (talking about casual play here) I mean, half of my games I get completely stomped (or my team gets a flawless win) and when I check the player levels, one of the team is composed of five 100+ level guys and in the other one most people are around 20-40 or so, and I've seen this a lot already. Is this normal?

Yeah, I think the issue is that a lot of people play with their friends and so matchmaking struggles sometimes to get a pool of people to specifically suit your level. Speaking as a level 204, I exclusively play Casual with my 206 friend, and we're regularly matched with (and against) legitimately new players which is disappointing for both sides.

What region/platform are you?

Doesn't look like. I've never been able to find a breakdown.

That's just absurd to me. There's some tracking via the Ubisoft Club implementation and with r6stats.com, but I can't find something as basic as # kills with x weapon? That just boggles the mind.

Would really love to see this if you're listening Ubi.

I'm so close to the diamond skin. 82k renown, just a little more.

I would have it by now if I didn't goof and accidentally buy a 20k mask for Buck.

JJShadow

Yeah, I think the issue is that a lot of people play with their friends and so matchmaking struggles sometimes to get a pool of people to specifically suit your level. Speaking as a level 204, I exclusively play Casual with my 206 friend, and we're regularly matched with (and against) legitimately new players which is disappointing for both sides.

What region/platform are you?

Thanks for the answer. I'm playing on PS4, UK region. Is there an active GAF network or group?

nOoblet16

Thanks for the answer. I'm playing on PS4, UK region. Is there an active GAF network or group?
I'm UK and PS4 and so are a few people here. There is a PS4 community but everyone usually ignores it.

Best would be to keep asking here in advance when you are about to play and once you find someone to play with, after that just match up your play time with them and hope that you either find more here or you they know someone who can join up as well. I have a select few people who I regularly play with on both Xbox and PS4, the PS4 people I found here. The Xbox on the other hand is just my old Battlefield group.

You'll likely end up in a party chat with some decent people too that you can squad up with regularly just through playing. I've had some genuinely great experiences with randoms on PS4 just by solo queuing in ranked and getting invited to a party chat with 3-4 people already in it.

andycapps

Has anybody had this problem recently invisible wall? Struggling to keep playing at the moment everything seems to be fucking up for me. This is on PS4
https://youtu.be/HjlxpggE-rY

No, but that's an example of destruction being handled client-side. Smoke is client side, as is destruction. It happens occasionally where someone will knock out a window and it'll be out for them but closed for another person. Same principle.

They're trying to move as much as they can from client-side to server-side during this "Operation Health" thing.

Wouldn't hurt for you to post it on the official Reddit in case they aren't aware. It's possible it's a bug with Thermiting that side of that specific wall.

K1NGFRIES

Neo Member
No, but that's an example of destruction being handled client-side. Smoke is client side, as is destruction. It happens occasionally where someone will knock out a window and it'll be out for them but closed for another person. Same principle.

They're trying to move as much as they can from client-side to server-side during this "Operation Health" thing.
Thanks very much for the clear up on this. Hopefully does get better with time

andycapps

Thanks very much for the clear up on this. Hopefully does get better with time

I did an edit afterwards, wouldn't hurt for you to post that video on the official Reddit in case they're not aware of a Thermite bug at that particular spot.

Actually they have a post up from a couple days ago about hit reg, and at the end is this.

We are working on all of the issues mentioned above and we appreciate your passion and dedication to helping us improve the game during Operation Health. We'll have another update in the coming weeks on where we are at with the development of P2P feature removal, new servers, and how we're planning on addressing high ping.

Yes please address high ping. We played against someone the other day whose ping at the lowest was 250. Kept getting peeked by them.

K1NGFRIES

Neo Member
I did an edit afterwards, wouldn't hurt for you to post that video on the official Reddit in case they're not aware of a Thermite bug at that particular spot.

Actually they have a post up from a couple days ago about hit reg, and at the end is this.

Yes please address high ping. We played against someone the other day whose ping at the lowest was 250. Kept getting peeked by them.
Have done on Reddit not sure if it's been done right though. I've seen them addressing the kill cams as well as they don't match.

Also my user is my PSN and I'm in need of some team members was plat3 now gold 3 just keep struggling

CrayToes

Fixing the issues with hit reg and high ping would go further in saving this game for me than any new content. I'm sure they'll find a way to fuck it up even worse, though.

andycapps

I was a little bored earlier so I did some tests with the L85A2 to see where it's at on sight alignment with the ACOG. I need to edit the video a little but with single shots it seems to be right on. It's when you go full auto that one bullet out of a clip is off by a few inches at pretty short range. Rest are pretty spot on, but it's not 100% consistent in full auto.

Shredderi

Man this game is super hard. I have played for 10 hours with two of my friends and I get NOTHING done. Almost every round is zero sum game for me. Too many maps!

Man this game is super hard. I have played for 10 hours with two of my friends and I get NOTHING done. Almost every round is zero sum game for me. Too many maps!

Keep with it! Terrorist Hunts are a great way to learn the maps and weapons; if you go into Matchmaking Settings you can even specify what map/type of THunt you want to do.

HariKari

Go into your matchmaking preferences and turn off all the modes except terrorist hunt classic, then start playing a bunch of lone wolf on normal. You'll learn the maps a lot faster than getting waxed in MP.

andycapps

Uploaded the sight alignment issue for the L85A2. Doesn't look like anything has changed. The bullets come out near the top of reticle at close range, but at the top of the reticle for long range. That still needs to be fixed. Accurate in single shot firing, full auto it's 95%+ accurate but random bullets are off, as you'll see.

https://youtu.be/_XtHW1kfSl0

CrayToes

This community can be so toxic at times. My own teammate just cooked his grenade and killed us both with it on purpose for no reason.

Top Bottom