• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I don't get this either. It's not like earning renown is giving you some kind of edge, you're just able to buy cosmetic items, so why is it a problem that you can earn it easily in single player modes?

The glitch was allowing users to earn enough renown for entire operators in hours, to say nothing of how many alpha packs you could open. Part of their business model is a player evaluating the cost in time compared to the monetary investment for buying R6 credits to pick up certain items instantly, or boosters to stimulate renown earnings per match. Each season pass gives owners the new operators at no renown cost, which otherwise requires a significant amount of play to keep up with. Renown is a very powerful in-game currency, and it's of concern to them to make sure that economy doesn't get disrupted which could, in the long run, cost them money.

The way it was handled was unfortunately not very player-friendly, and doesn't look good when you consider that they're in the middle of an operation that has starved the game's meta in favor of fixing bugs. Ubisoft should have a much better solution than a band-aid that does more harm to players who would have never used such a glitch in the first place.

Auctopus

From what i hear they were doing a massive ban cause people found a way to abuse farming renown on solo terriost hunt. Being able to 50,000 in a few hours. And also because of this they aren't going to allow people to earn renown from Lone Wolf terrorist hunt and replaying Situations.

Once again, Ubi use a Sledgehammer for the job of a sewing needle.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Did we already talk about the Alpha packs? I just noticed they were available - pretty much everyone I know got an "Epic" skin with the first one.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
ETA for consoles?

How are the Renown costs for these packs?

5000 per pack, it gets a little cheaper if you opt for buying 50 in one go. No idea for consoles ETA, but they rolled out on PC without an update.

edit: season pass people get stuff for %10 cheaper.

Did we already talk about the Alpha packs? I just noticed they were available - pretty much everyone I know got an "Epic" skin with the first one.

Yeah, seeing tonnes of posts on the Facebook community(s) excited about getting the Black Ice skin for a weapon. I know it's selfish, but I kind of liked the exclusivity of having those skins for FBI, especially considering how much they were. Now I just feel like some of the magic is gone. Normally not the type of person to care about these petty things haha

Played ranked yesterday. In ~five games I had a few leavers/disconnects, lots of high pings, a team killer, a guy go 0 and 7, partied with a group of Brazilians who play on US servers for the ping, and some dude using the DMRs faster than an assault rifle. Match quality is way worse than casual but I still personally did pretty good except for the game with the Brazilians.

Disgraced

Is there any reason why my teammates won't grab Rook's plates? I always pick him for defense, lay the set in there and only I and some other dude actually grab it, while the rest ignores it. Does it make you slower, has it any setbacks or anything? I thought it'd be helpful.
No downsides; they're very helpful. Rook's a solid pick. The issue is that the busier characters of the prep phase (because they have a lot to set up) like Jäger, Valkyrie, Mute, trappers Frost and Kapkan, etc. don't always have time to stop and grab it. There's also players who don't really care about prep at all who are in a hurry to attempt to spawnpeek (or kill). (Those kind of players usually ain't shit in the higher ranks.)

Advice: try and put your armor down as fast as you can when the round starts, but place it in a central location of the site, if possible. Someplace with easy access from the exits. As a Mute & Valkyrie main, I always appreciate that.
everything

skins, charms, headgear

haven't seen uniforms but i wouldn't be surprised to see them in.
Actually, there's a pointed absence of uniforms afaik.

duBMciz.png

Fury451

Banned
Is there any reason why my teammates won't grab Rook's plates? I always pick him for defense, lay the set in there and only I and some other dude actually grab it, while the rest ignores it. Does it make you slower, has it any setbacks or anything? I thought it'd be helpful.

No idea. People in a hurry to roam tend to ignore them for some reason. They're the ones who could use them the most.

Those people also tend to leave important walls unbarricaded because they got to get that first spawn kill.

I've also seen people shoot the bag before the prep phase is even over, so I try to grab one immediately.

Disgraced

No idea. People in a hurry to roam tend to ignore them for some reason. They're the ones who could use them the most.
It's really not always so simple. When I'm trying to precisely place all three of my cameras in useful positions, sometimes multiple outside from multiple angles, I forget my armor. Those cameras are arguably more important than my life, so if I get 'sploded because I didn't have my armor, so be it. And I only ever spawnpeek if it appears the other team is moving in from a really obvious spot carelessly.

Of course, there are just careless players.
I've also seen people shoot the bag before the prep phase is even over, so I try to grab one immediately.
That, people do because they're afraid of the attackers picking it up later. Which is a rare occurrence (even if you get murked) so it's certainly a silly decision, imo. But that's why it happens.

I don't think I've ever seen the enemy grab an armor plate. It's usually in the middle of objective. If they are there, they ain't stoppin to pick up an armor plate.

Fury451

Banned
It's really not always so simple. When I'm trying to precisely place all three of my cameras in useful positions, sometimes multiple outside from multiple angles, I forget my armor. Those cameras are arguably more important than my life, so if I get 'sploded because I didn't have my armor, so be it. And I only ever spawnpeek if it appears the other team is moving in from a really obvious spot carelessly.

Of course, there are just careless players.That, people do because they're afraid of the attackers picking it up later. Which is a rare occurrence (even if you get murked) so it's certainly a silly decision, imo. But that's why it happens.

To your first point, that's completely fair. I spawnpeek often on certain maps, I just grab a vest first thing. Not barricading to place traps/cameras I get, but that extra bit of armor has helped more than once and it doesn't take long. But to each their own, there's good reasons to prioritize other prep first.

To the second point, I'm talking within the first 10-15 seconds, which just seems like trolling (and I'm sure it is). I did snag some armor once from a pack as an attacker, but the round was basically over and it didn't see use. Otherwise I'm not sure I've ever seen that happen with attackers, though I have seen them grab Chanka's turret and using it against defenders, but I get why destroying it once the round starts makes sense.

Disgraced

I don't think I've ever seen the enemy grab an armor plate. It's usually in the middle of objective. If they are there, they ain't stoppin to pick up an armor plate.
To my glee I've stumbled upon the bag a few times on offense. It's a treat; it's a terrific feeling. Snagged it once as Monty and felt like fuckin' truck.
To your first point, that's completely fair. I spawnpeek often on certain maps, I just grab a vest first thing. Not barricading to place traps/cameras I get, but that extra bit of armor has helped more than once and it doesn't take long. But to each their own, there's good reasons to prioritize other prep first.
My priorities in the prep phase as Valk:

1. Reinforcements
2. Armor
3. Cameras
4. Deagle Killholes

If I'm playing ranked with a good Rook I know who places his armor like I advised earlier, then it's numero uno. But solo in cas' 9/10 times that isn't the case.
To the second point, I'm talking within the first 10-15 seconds, which just seems like trolling (and I'm sure it is).
Oh totally.

*I find a good practice with a full team is letting your Jägers, Valkyries, and the like reinforce the most obvious walls, and having your anchors like Rook, Mira, Smoke, Echo deal the complicated setup.

**Bandits should also help with complex setups, imo. He synergizes well with Mira for one, and secondly while he has as much to place as Valks, Mutes, and Jägers his batteries don't require nearly the same level of precision to place (if you're not tricking, that is). Plus, he's three-speed.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I love this game and been playing a lot over the past week or so but holy hell Ranked is a total mess.

Ive NEVER and I repeat NEVER gotten a full 5v5 match because someone always drops out, usually on my team.

Are the leaving penalties not severe or what? I play Overwatch ranked and rarely if ever have people leave there.

andycapps

I did the other day but we were up 2 vs 1, enemy had played defuser, we killed the other guy and then I grabbed armor and then diffused. But yeah I'm not bothering with that with other players alive unless I know they're far away.

Disgraced

Are the leaving penalties not severe or what? I play Overwatch ranked and rarely if ever have people leave there.
They are rather severe, imo (especially when considering you're penalized just as much for disconnects and that the game can be unstable). It's just that people don't care, I suppose. The game is in a little bit of content drought right now.

In any case, you'll have a better experience with a full team. If you're on PC or Xbox I'm always looking for teammates.

Steam: Disgraced
Uplay: DisgracedSnake
Xbox: H2O Disgraced

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
They are rather severe, imo (especially when considering you're penalized just as much for disconnects and that the game can be unstable). It's just that people don't care, I suppose. The game is in a little bit of content drought right now.

In any case, you'll have a better experience with a full team. If you're on PC or Xbox I'm always looking for teammates.

Steam: Disgraced
Uplay: DisgracedSnake
Xbox: H2O Disgraced

Im on PS4 lol but thank you for the info.

I had the Year 1 Gold Edition for $35 and after a week of playing, have unlocked all original operators with most attachments after a week of playing. Not a bad system.

will it even be possible to earn enough Renown to consistently get Said Packs ?

suppose its different if you just play this game but its gotten considerably harder to Get Renown compared to what it was after the first few lots of DLC

think they will Keep pouring out New chrecters ?

andycapps

will it even be possible to earn enough Renown to consistently get Said Packs ?

suppose its different if you just play this game but its gotten considerably harder to Get Renown compared to what it was after the first few lots of DLC

think they will Keep pouring out New chrecters ?
Just depends on how much you play. You can also get alpha packs by winning games. Percentage of winning one goes up with each round until you get one.

LAM09

You must be fortunate, as I encounter it quite often. The worse thing is waiting for a game, joining and someone leaves once it's started.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I recently started to pre-fire in certain situations. It's actually pretty helpful.

Edit:
Drop your pants and get ready:

"Alpha Packs will be available for XB1 on July 24th!

PS4 is scheduled for next week, pending status of the XB1 Alpha Pack deployment."

I don't get why they aren't releasing them on both consoles simultaneously. Is it to test fot bugs that they haven't yet found after all this time on the tts or on pc?

Disgraced

I don't get why they aren't releasing them on both consoles simultaneously. Is it to test fot bugs that they haven't yet found after all this time on the tts or on pc?
I think it's ultimately the same likely, simple explanation for a lot of the game's issues; they're undersourced and running behind on it (and everything else).

I recently started to pre-fire in certain situations. It's actually pretty helpful.

Edit:
Drop your pants and get ready:

"Alpha Packs will be available for XB1 on July 24th!

PS4 is scheduled for next week, pending status of the XB1 Alpha Pack deployment."

Pre-fire everything at all times unless you're playing Smoke and can't afford to waste all your SMG11 ammo.

I hate Flavela as a map, but I do enjoy taking an LMG with Fuze or Capitao and just spraying a few unreinforced walls for a lucky kill at the start of round.

The match making is really starting to piss me off

Getting a level 22 in your team against level 100+ is frustrating

I'm used to it at this point. Often times they're smurf accounts, fortunately, but most matches are my LVL 200+ friend and I getting matched with newbies against full pre-made, communicating teams. Hope there's a sale around when the next DLC drops to help this situation.

I'm used to it at this point. Often times they're smurf accounts, fortunately, but most matches are my LVL 200+ friend and I getting matched with newbies against full pre-made, communicating teams. Hope there's a sale around when the next DLC drops to help this situation.

Dude was a scrub. It really got me mad because he should be playing against other noobs.

Casual is a damn mess.

They need to ban team killers in casual so that its more enjoyable for all.

I hate how poor the banning system is in this game. In Overwatch, you can get banned for like hours, and Im sure it can extend to days.

I don't understand how 15 minutes is the max in this game.

Smurfs are too common, but there isn't much they can do about that, though they could raise the level for ranked play

Giganteus

That's including a few free-to-play periods of course, not currently active players. Still impressive, but Ubi really needs to give the Dev team more resources if they want this gravy train chuggin'.
Now that I think about it, I get the impression that Ubisoft struggles with post-release support of games and maybe that's why we're seeing a weak push from them, regardless of how well a game that needs constant support is selling. They'll probably never figure it out with Siege and that sucks.

DQDQDQ

15 minutes is not the max, that's the first ban time for ranked. It steps up like 5 times before, supposedly, an individual review would happen that could result in longer bans.

Team killing has been and remains a problem though, and I believe most people you'll find here and other places like reddit would agree. Unless their answer is "find a squad," which is simultaneously not wrong but also not really a solution.

I still say flag the accounts, put them in their own matchmaking queues, and never notify them.

The max ban time is a permanent bab afaik. My friends and I occasionally tk each other as a joke, and one of my friends has gotten a 2 day ban a few weeks ago as a result. He's trying very hard not to accidentally tk more people lest he get a 7-day ban next time haha

TheKeyPit

Banned
Hey Frenchman, I know that you wanna help by providing intel via voice chat but please talk a language that most people will understand...

Top Bottom