• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

l1x3isbh3vcz.png

She does look like Lara!

Solo q on clubhouse. The score is 2-2. I'm carrying my team going 9-3. They have defended basement and we have the important Thatcher/Thermite roles filled. I choose Buck because he's fun when you habe top control to attack the bar. Drone phase starts. I move forward. My drone bounces back. I move forward again. My drone bounces back. I continue rubber banding through the whole of drone phase. The round starts and my internet shits the bed completely. Gg virgin media fibre optic broadband at 11:30pm. Couldn't connect to the internet for another *exactly how long the rest of that game lasted.* I reconnect to ubisoft servers to see a ban. Was turning out to be a good match aswell. FeelsBadMan :'(

TheKeyPit

Banned
Holy crap! I'm the last guy on House vs 3 with 2 minutes left on the clock. I take my time sitting on the roof weighing my options. Opponents run outside, I kill their Rook, Caveira disappears back inside and I'm about to go through a window, voted out of the game with 1 minute left. **** ***.

Holy crap! I'm the last guy on House vs 3 with 2 minutes left on the clock. I take my time sitting on the roof weighing my options. Opponents run outside, I kill their Rook, Caveira disappears back inside and I'm about to go through a window, voted out of the game with 1 minute left. **** ***.

Yeah the rest of my team got killed in like the first 20 seconds and they vote kicked me because I was, you know, actually playing the game.

Basically every second match my team and I don't get renown or a percentage increase on Alpha Pack spins. What the fuck is this game even? Almost two years on and there's still shit like this.

So I just received my copy and while it's installing: what should I know before I start playing? I know I still have to do those SP missions but what operators should I go first?

So I just received my copy and while it's installing: what should I know before I start playing? I know I still have to do those SP missions but what operators should I go first?

Watch the tutorial videos to get 600 free renown first off.
As for operators, Ash, Sledge and Twitch are all good for attackers. Pretty much any defender is a good pick apart from Tachanka.

Avoid playing Thermite/Castle/Bandit on defense until you're more familiar with the game and general stratergy. No discredit to yourself, like, just seen way too many Thermite players get deleted within the first 30 seconds of a game and too many Castle player straight up barricade themselves in the objective, to their team's dismay.

Auctopus

Play the Scenarios first and make sure you understand the gadgets, then...

Attack

- Thermite
- Thatcher
- Twitch

Defence

- Rook
- Mute

There's probably some other decent defenders but to be honest, those operators have solid/stable weapons and their gadgets will help you learn about how other operator's gadgets work the fastest.

Edit: Sledge is probably pretty good but you might die a lot at first by Kool-Aiding in to the wrong rooms.

nOoblet16

I'd suggest for attack you play:

1) Sledge
2) Thatcher
3) Twitch
4) Fuze (But keep in mind that if you are playing hostage then don't use his equipment in objective room or any adjacent room, it's better to just not play Fuze in hostage when you are new to game otherwise he's a very good operator)

Ash is a good choice but if there are more experienced people in the team then they'd be able to use her better as her best gun is a bit shit to control for newbies and you need to know the game a bit to really exploit her speed. (Once you do you'll see how unbalanced she is)

For defense I'd recommend

1) Rook
2) Smoke
3) Doc (Keep your teammate's healthbars in check if you play him)
4) Pulse (He basically has a wall hack)

Mute is a good choice but if you're just going to place the jammers in the middle of the hallway/room then it's pointless. So you need to play the game just slightly more to understand what's going on before you can use him effectively.

Also here are some don'ts:

1) Don't reinforce every wall, look what you are reinforcing first. Sometimes it might be better to reinforce an outer wall that can lead to the objective room than reinforce every wall in the objective.
2) If you are playing bomb mode then don't reinforce the walls between the two bomb sites. Your team mates would want to blow open a hole to pass through unrestricted.

nOoblet16

Can anyone tell me how this guy killed me? I am at a complete loss.

That's a bug specific to shield operators and has something to do with them trying to vault through a window. For everyone else he is stuck in one place and seemingly shooting through walls but on his screen he is moving around everywhere as normal effectively making him invisible. Has existed for like a year.

There are some nasty bugs with shield operators like you won't be able to tell when montagne retracts his shield because on your screen the full shield will still be deployed or when shield operators bring down their shields to aim because on your screen it'd look like they still have the shield up.

That's a bug specific to shield operators and has something to do with them trying to vault through a window. For everyone else he is stuck in one place and seemingly shooting through walls but on his screen he is moving around everywhere as normal effectively making him invisible.

There are some nasty bugs with shield operators like you won't be able to tell when montagne retracts his shield because on your screen the full shield will still be deployed or when shield operators bring down their shields to aim because on your screen it'd look like they still have the shield up.

Well that is pretty lame haha. It just took me by surprise as I didn't see anything. Then I was dead.

nOoblet16

So why is Primethius (AlmostFaker) banned?

Well that is pretty lame haha. It just took me by surprise as I didn't see anything. Then I was dead.

Yea check this.

Perspective of the Blitz player (at about 14 seconds you can see the vault animation happening and it doesn't look natural as the shield just pops up in view, you could tell that something happened there causing the glitch)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk-A1EKFZNI

Perspective of teammates and other players ( immediately you can see at the start that the glitch occurs the moment the Blitz player is vaulting)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_E2gcf3K0w

Rook on defense side, Ash on attacker's side. Can't go wrong with em.

Watch the tutorial videos to get 600 free renown first off.
As for operators, Ash, Sledge and Twitch are all good for attackers. Pretty much any defender is a good pick apart from Tachanka.

Avoid playing Thermite/Castle/Bandit on defense until you're more familiar with the game and general stratergy. No discredit to yourself, like, just seen way too many Thermite players get deleted within the first 30 seconds of a game and too many Castle player straight up barricade themselves in the objective, to their team's dismay.

Play the Scenarios first and make sure you understand the gadgets, then...

Attack

- Thermite
- Thatcher
- Twitch

Defence

- Rook
- Mute

There's probably some other decent defenders but to be honest, those operators have solid/stable weapons and their gadgets will help you learn about how other operator's gadgets work the fastest.

Edit: Sledge is probably pretty good but you might die a lot at first by Kool-Aiding in to the wrong rooms.
Thank you for your tips guys. I've played something like 8 matches already and to be honest I don't consider myself that bad compared to some players I've encountered. Made a triple kill on my first match, so not that bad.

Some team kills here and there but I was already expecting it.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Well, I tried playing some different operators today. It wasn't that bad. Glaz was good, Caveira was pretty nice, Pulse was okay(The last time I played him was when the Favela operators released), bought Buck and struggled(his Assault Rifle sucks, too much kickback for my taste, switched to his Marksman Rifle, better).

Hibana is the last operator that I need to get.

nOoblet16

Well, I tried playing some different operators today. It wasn't that bad. Glaz was good, Caveira was pretty nice, Pulse was okay(The last time I played him was when the Favela operators released), bought Buck and struggled(his Assault Rifle sucks, too much kickback for my taste, switched to his Marksman Rifle, better).

Buck's assault rifle is great if you learn how to control the recoil using short bursts. It has a higher DPS than marksman rifle since the rifles now have a fire rate cap. Just use a compensator with the assault rifle.

Ash's R4C is a similar type of gun in that it has a lot of kickback but it is the more preferable option for her since recoil is something you can control, while at the same time you get the benefit of higher DPS.

I tend to get better results when I use DMRs.

I really like Twitch's but it needs a better magazine capacity, 10 rounds is a bit of a joke. Buck's is great as is Blackbeard's.

I think using a DMR forces you to play a little differently since you can't really prefire openings the same way but can be extremely lethal with two-three body shots.

andycapps

His AR is hard to control, have to pull down on mouse or sticks pretty hard, but the damage and fire rate is really good.

Hibana is my current favorite op, except when her shit is bugging out...

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'll probably give Buck's AR another try.

-----

Jesus, this game can be the utmost shit ever. Casual, winning 2:1 with 5v5. Next round 2:2 with 4v5. Last round 2v4. We obviously lost. Seriously, fuck off. I'm pissed, sry.

I should use Buck some more. I'll try him out tonight. I like his flexibility with the shotgun and assault rifle. I'm terrible with DMRs though. Some people just take to them naturally, they are probably M and KB users lol.

If you struggle with Buck's AR, try the reflex/holo/red dot sights instead of the ACOG. Aim for the chest and the recoil on the second-third shot will usually be a headshot.

If you want to use the ACOG, try it with the muzzle break. It's the only time I ever use a muzzle break since it seemed to actually make a difference on that first shot recoil. It made 1-3 shot bursts and one taps more consistent for me.

TheKeyPit

Banned
If you struggle with Buck's AR, try the reflex/holo/red dot sights instead of the ACOG. Aim for the chest and the recoil on the second-third shot will usually be a headshot.

If you want to use the ACOG, try it with the muzzle break. It's the only time I ever use a muzzle break since it seemed to actually make a difference on that first shot recoil. It made 1-3 shot bursts and one taps more consistent for me.
I tried this in TH and it's better. Gotta give it a try in Casual.

wwm0nkey

Okay so I think I kinda fixed this yesterday but I just got the game 2 days ago and get SEVERE rubber banding, always happens at the worst times.

So I disabled UPNP, reverted back to default DNS rather than Google, set data center, port forwarded and then turned off my modem for a good 5min before rebooting it just to make sure. However I was still getting some rubber band issues but not nearly as bad.

So I guess I have 2 questions.

1. Are they getting new servers anytime soon?
2. Is there anything else I can change to prevent rubber banding?

Auctopus

So I disabled UPNP, reverted back to default DNS rather than Google, set data center, port forwarded and then turned off my modem for a good 5min before rebooting it just to make sure. However I was still getting some rubber band issues but not nearly as bad.

1. Pretty much, no. They've made claims about 'upgrading servers' and fixing lag/ping issues. But unless Ubisoft injects some serious cash, they won't be switching from their current server provider.

2. No. This happens because the ping between you and the game’s server is too high and is causing a delay or lapse in the sending and receiving of data.

This game has some serious issues with ping etc. and changes made on the client's side are usually for nowt. There's players all round the world with different types of connections/ISPs/routers yet they all suffer the same issues 'cause of server problems.

wwm0nkey

1. Pretty much, no. They've made claims about 'upgrading servers' and fixing lag/ping issues. But unless Ubisoft injects some serious cash, they won't be switching from their current server provider.

2. No. This happens because the ping between you and the game’s server is too high and is causing a delay or lapse in the sending and receiving of data.

This game has some serious issues with ping etc. and changes made on the client's side are usually for nowt. There's players all round the world with different types of connections/ISPs/routers yet they all suffer the same issues 'cause of server problems.
Well that's the thing, my ping is always like 40 and max is like 70 on east servers so I don't see how it could be that. Seems like it is high packet loss from the servers since this is the only game I am getting these issues on.

Auctopus

so theses 60tick rate severs of theres are a Myth ?

They're not a myth, no. They said it's happening during Operation Health but I don't believe they've given a solid date. So, in regards to my reply to the other poster - there's nothing they can do right now, regardless.

Also, I believe Ubisoft use MS Azure servers for their titles which (whilst robust) are not great for FPS titles and are well known to cause issues like hit-detection (something Siege definitely suffers from). Further, Azure has no data-centers in the Middle East, which is a region Siege is very popular in. This leads to Middle Eastern players being matchmade with European players causing half of Casual/Ranked matches to have players with 200+ ping.
Well that's the thing, my ping is always like 40 and max is like 70 on east servers so I don't see how it could be that. Seems like it is high packet loss from the servers since this is the only game I am getting these issues on.

Yeah, I'm usually floating around 40-80 ping and it's the only game I really get rubber-banding/lag issues. MS Azure doesn't have to be bad but it needs investment. For example, Titanfall 2 runs on Azure but uses additional Cloud computing amongst other hardware. I have 7ms ping (on wi-fi) when playing TF2. When it comes to hit-detection, Respawn avoid a lot of issues by having their player hitboxes the size of double-decker buses. It's an advantage that every player gains from and also makes them feel super cool when they miraculously snipe someone whilst rappeling off a 300ft building. Unfortunately, Siege being a tactical and slower paced game can't really afford to have such discrepancies.

wwm0nkey

They're not a myth, no. They said it's happening during Operation Health but I don't believe they've given a solid date. So, in regards to my reply to the other poster - there's nothing they can do right now, regardless.

Also, I believe Ubisoft use MS Azure servers for their titles which (whilst robust) are not great for FPS titles and are well known to cause issues like hit-detection (something Siege definitely suffers from). Further, Azure has no data-centers in the Middle East, which is a region Siege is very popular in. This leads to Middle Eastern players being matchmade with European players causing half of Casual/Ranked matches to have players with 200+ ping.

Yeah, I'm usually floating around 40-80 ping and it's the only game I really get rubber-banding/lag issues. MS Azure doesn't have to be bad but it needs investment. For example, Titanfall 2 runs on Azure but uses additional Cloud computing amongst other hardware. I have 7ms ping (on wi-fi) when playing TF2. When it comes to hit-detection, Respawn avoid a lot of issues by having their player hitboxes the size of double-decker buses. It's an advantage that every player gains from and also makes them feel super cool when they miraculously snipe someone whilst rappeling off a 300ft building. Unfortunately, Siege being a tactical and slower paced game can't really afford to have such discrepancies.
I really hope these issues can be resolved, I really really enjoy the game when it works, but when I get these ping issues I want to tear my hair out lol

I do love how salty this community can be at times.

I'm about level 6 on PC, 200ish on PS4, just been playing a couple games of casual on PC testing out my new monitor (144hz and gsync is genuinely amazing) and in my second game, the montagne player on the other team is crying in chat because I clutched a 1v2 and one tapped him to finish the round/game.

The game is so fucking smooth though. Such a step up from PS4. It feels like a new game to me now.

Tawpgun

I'd suggest for attack you play:

1) Sledge
2) Thatcher
3) Twitch
4) Fuze (But keep in mind that if you are playing hostage then don't use his equipment in objective room or any adjacent room, it's better to just not play Fuze in hostage when you are new to game otherwise he's a very good operator)

Fuck fuze on any hostage map.

Those pucks are way too inconsistent.

To be honest, that's why I like hostage maps. Can actually anchor without worrying about Fuze. Not that I dislike other modes, just that I like how each of the three modes favours/disfavours certain tactics..

TheKeyPit

Banned
Yeah man, can't believe what just happened to gBots.
Well, too much talking right now. I'm back to playing the game xD

Edit: Words can't describe how pissed I am about the matchmaking. Casual, winning 2:0. Opposing team that is already full of lvl 100+ players with some in Gold rank and one guy over lvl 200 gets a new player who is Diamond something and over lvl 200. We lost the next three rounds...

Edit2: I mean, wtf, a lvl 3 guy and a Diamond lvl 200+ player in the same lobby. Unfair matchmaking, nothing to add.

nOoblet16

Okay so I think I kinda fixed this yesterday but I just got the game 2 days ago and get SEVERE rubber banding, always happens at the worst times.

Rubber banding also happens whenever there's packet loss.
Might be worth checking your own connection/modem, see if anything else is using your internet or if your console is connected via wifi then use a cable or a better router.

Well just like how using Jager in hostage is still a good idea (to avoid flashbangsand such, plus his gun). Using Fuze in hostage is also fine as long as you know the room that you are fuzing, if you don't then all you have to do is look at the objective marker and avoid the hostage room or any adjacent room. He is still very good at clearing out rooms far from hostage room that you potentially want to clear.

wwm0nkey

Rubber banding also happens whenever there's packet loss.
Might be worth checking your own connection/modem, see if anything else is using your internet or if your console is connected via wifi then use a cable or a better router.

I switched my DNS settings and disabled IPv6 and it seems to be working better. Again usually there is no issue with my internet I get 800mbps down, 250mbps up and in almost every game (but this) my connection is great and so is my ping.

nOoblet16

I switched my DNS settings and disabled IPv6 and it seems to be working better. Again usually there is no issue with my internet I get 800mbps down, 250mbps up and in almost every game (but this) my connection is great and so is my ping.
I see, but your modifications to DNS and IPv6 could be anecdotal evidence and you could come across a game where it's just as bad as before. But you'll know for sure as you play a lot more games at those settings.

Anyways you can still have packet loss even with a high speed internet and low ping though. Also remember that every game has different networking requirements and Siege is quite a unique game due to its destruction so can't really compare directly.
But generally speaking packet loss = congestion in your router.

Top Bottom