• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Disgraced

That SMG of theirs would see a lot of play for spawn killing if they get ACOGs.
And they will get their fat asses shot attempting as much. Sure, maybe nerf the recoil a bit. But spawnkilling isn't something to be afraid of.
The only thing that really holds it back is the operators are fat—
That cannot be understated. It make sense for the least mobile characters to have the most firepower on defense. They either have to play close to the site or commit to a position far off. Most of the highly mobile characters already have amazing utilities, so why should they have not most—but basically all the kill potential too?

It would only encourage more careful thinking from all defenders. Fast characters are still very capable of flanking, and slow characters are now better at fighting.

(The exception to this argument is Mira, of course.)

...There's nothing unrealistic or even that weird about green hair. Even a woman with green hair in GROM—in Rainbow Six.

In fact, I would kind of expect a bad motherfuckin' woman in the best, blackest special forces unit in the world to have crazy hair. Normal people don't end up there.
First you say it's not even that weird to have green hair, but then end off with it should be expected because normal people don't end up in the special forces? I agree it's not special, but we'll have to agree to disagree that it doesn't look out of place as far as default appearances go.

andycapps

Bandit and Jager ACOG doesn't even bother me. Attackers have so many advantages anyway with having much more powerful weapons plus everyone having ACOGs.

nOoblet16

I personally think it's the defenders who have the advantage with all their prep time and ability to direct the attacker's route and dictate the flow of the game in a way. Like even something as simple as leaving a wall unreinforced means you can get a bunch of attackers group up around that area. And like someone mentioned in last page that it's the defender skills that change up the game meta because as the attackers have to play around them.

Imo the only real design advantage attackers get over defenders are their guns and ACOG on everything. As basically an attacker has to be more careful than the defenders while moving about inside the building because there can be a defender setting up a shop anywhere. Plus there's the fact that the defenders can win simply by stalling and wasting attacking team's time. While attackers have to either kill everyone or get deep into the enemy stronghold.

The problem with Jäger and Bandit having ACOG is that their guns are almost as good as attacking team's guns and they are 3 speed operators. So they can take long angles, relocate to a nearby location at lightning speed and take another long angle..let's call this long angle/short distance flank (distance here being the distance run by the attacker). What Ubi probably wants them to do is the opposite i.e. short angle/long distance flank.

Siege does a fabtastic job with balance

It always comes down to team comp and skill. Some rooms are eaiser to defend than others, but the variety of plays you can make is what allows attackers to put the pressure on defenders

These updates are encouraging the game to go back to how it used to be. Slow plays, no rushing, sticking together, etc

andycapps

I personally think it's the defenders who have the advantage with all their prep time and ability to direct the attacker's route and dictate the flow of the game in a way. Like even something as simple as leaving a wall unreinforced means you can get a bunch of attackers group up around that area. And like someone mentioned in last page that it's the defender skills that change up the game meta because as the attackers have to play around them.

Imo the only real design advantage attackers get over defenders are their guns and ACOG on everything. As basically an attacker has to be more careful than the defenders while moving about inside the building because there can be a defender setting up a shop anywhere. Plus there's the fact that the defenders can win simply by stalling and wasting attacking team's time. While attackers have to either kill everyone or get deep into the enemy stronghold.

The problem with Jäger and Bandit having ACOG is that their guns are almost as good as attacking team's guns and they are 3 speed operators. So they can take long angles, relocate to a nearby location at lightning speed and take another long angle..let's call this long angle/short distance flank (distance here being the distance run by the attacker). What Ubi probably wants them to do is the opposite i.e. short angle/long distance flank.
Droning effectively negates most defender picks.

nOoblet16

Droning effectively negates most defender picks.
It does, but it also takes time. Imo droning by itself is a 50-50 thing because eventhough the attackers gain intel and get an "extra life" in the form of a drone, the defenders can still relocate or trick the attacker. But there's the added caveat that the act of droning itself consumes time, and making the attackers rely heavily on it can be looked at as defenders stalling.

Plus when I say prep I'm not just talking about picks/abilities but also things like murder holes, tight angles etc. Like today we were playing a match in Bank and there was this dude that effectively locked us out from entering garage because he held such a tight pixel peek angle that it was just near impossible for any of us to go inside (would've been possible if we had smoke bomb) And he could wait there all day because it's us who had to go in and come to them rather than the other way around. So we had to leave and go elsewhere which took time.

You can say basically the entire reason I think defenders have an advantage is because they can win by wasting time and the attackers have to come to them.

This is why Kapkan sucks mostly lol.

Maybe attackers should have a black screen or be able to edit loadouts so defenders have a chance to better setup
Droning is why I never set up the traps or go to my stalking location (as cav) during prep phase.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
880euozpxvfz.png

0nx1kzig2wfz.png

aujbzjqzfzfz.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/6ty4j6/done_some_digging_in_the_files/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/6tqu45/hk_and_polish_operator_weapon_stats_and_dps/

shanafan

Are you also using the Ultra HD texture pack?

If you are using those without SSD then no wonder your load times are long enough for people to want to kick you out.

Dude, holy crap. Moving the game to my SSD just breezes through the loading times, lol. Thanks for the tip

I don't mind cosmetics being goofy (hello Jigsaw Valkyrie) but I think the default appearances should be something that fits with the serious special ops appearance. Being defaulted to green hair (and having it be part of her portrait) is the weird part to me, if it was an optional cosmetic I wouldn't care.

I just want a different camo uniform for Frost.
the fact that she looks stupid as hell with half the headgear on white camo drives me crazy.

nOoblet16

I don't mind cosmetics being goofy (hello Jigsaw Valkyrie) but I think the default appearances should be something that fits with the serious special ops appearance. Being defaulted to green hair (and having it be part of her portrait) is the weird part to me, if it was an optional cosmetic I wouldn't care.
Firstly Siege is not really super serious special ops, Tachanka's turret says "Lord" in Russian to play on the meme. Hibana wears a hoodie, Caveira wearing nail polish, Smoke calls his bombs "babes". It's military fantasy with fictional gadgets to boot.

There is absolutely nothing about green hair that makes it "not serious". Green hair is not that unusual to see in real life and I won't give people a a second look if I saw someone with it because it's not something I haven't seen before. And honestly it's the same type of thinking that leads to judging people's committment and seriousness based on their hair colour. It should not matter and there are plenty of people out there with coloured hair who are motivated and driven. You might say that green is an unnatural hair colour but so is blonde hair on someone like say an African woman but we don't think of that as goofy or not serious do we?

The God

you mean 500 right, 250 per attachment =P

but honestly, the last thing that needed to be done was to take acogs away from defenders, so few have them as it is, hopefully it's just a rumor

apparently it's a 4chan troll, but Ubi has been changing shit for the sake of changing shit since giving Glaz thermal so it wouldn't be a surprise

Had some great games recently. You can straight up slaughter defenders in Laundry Room with Capitao's crossbow. That little room they always hide in can be hit from the hatch or when entering from basement corridor, got a few double kills doing that.

Also got an Ace with Rook using the SG-CQB on Arsenal Room yesterday. It's a good feeling!

What's the easiest way to link video footage I've captured with the share function on PS4?

Firstly Siege is not really super serious special ops, Tachanka's turret says "Lord" in Russian to play on the meme. Hibana wears a hoodie, Caveira wearing nail polish, Smoke calls his bombs "babes". It's military fantasy with fictional gadgets to boot.

There is absolutely nothing about green hair that makes it "not serious". Green hair is not that unusual to see in real life and I won't give people a a second look if I saw someone with it because it's not something I haven't seen before. And honestly it's the same type of thinking that leads to judging people's committment and seriousness based on their hair colour. It should not matter and there are plenty of people out there with coloured hair who are motivated and driven. You might say that green is an unnatural hair colour but so is blonde hair on someone like say an African woman but we don't think of that as goofy or not serious do we?
Your other examples aren't as noteworthy to me tbh. It's just a look that I find clashing.

Javier23

Banned
no roflmaobbq, just that it doesn't look aesthetically consistent
Sure, mate.

Sure.

Btw, we are talking about a game in which different international, elite, tacticool, supermen and women wearing colorful costumes and brightly painted weapons and who supposedly belong to the same side fight it out to the death simply because some of them wanna blow up empty buildings. Realism and consistency for the win.

Why are people always bringing up the clown skins and pink weapons when someone criticizes the green hair? Who claims that these people are ok with former and not the latter?

JJShadow

I've managed to save a nice amount of renown, so I was thinking about unlocking Mira. Yay or nay? Or maybe it's better to keep it for one of the new operators?

nOoblet16

I've managed to save a nice amount of renown, so I was thinking about unlocking Mira. Yay or nay? Or maybe it's better to keep it for one of the new operators?

What are the other operators that you haven't unlocked?

Mira has a good gun and her mirrors are nice but they are sometimes detrimental to your team if not set up properly. Like sometimes it's better to not have mirror in the OBJ but have it in the room looking at the corridor leading to OBJ. Twitch is also a huge issue when using Mira as it can take the mirrors out and sometimes you won't even be aware that you don't have the mirror up protecting you. Basically she's a good operator and kind of fun to use but if you have some other DLC operators still locked then you might wanna spend money on that or the new upcoming operators.

TheKeyPit

Banned
They have to change casual matchmaking. Let me search for a minute instead of half a minute, but please make fair matchmaking. It can't be that the opposing team has two Gold 3 players and my team consists of people under lvl 30 that hug it out behind one shield in the objective room.

Sure, mate.

Sure.

Btw, we are talking about a game in which different international, elite, tacticool, supermen and women wearing colorful costumes and brightly painted weapons and who supposedly belong to the same side fight it out to the death simply because some of them wanna blow up empty buildings. Realism and consistency for the win.
If you'd followed the conversation you'd see that point brought up before, but thanks for the ignorant standoffish hot take over someone else simply not liking a thing I guess?

shanafan

I don't know what's more gratifying.. kills in R6:Siege or Battlegrounds? Both feel so good and like an accomplishment, lol.

JJShadow

What are the other operators that you haven't unlocked?

Mira has a good gun and her mirrors are nice but they are sometimes detrimental to your team if not set up properly. Like sometimes it's better to not have mirror in the OBJ but have it in the room looking at the corridor leading to OBJ. Twitch is also a huge issue when using Mira as it can take the mirrors out and sometimes you won't even be aware that you don't have the mirror up protecting you. Basically she's a good operator and kind of fun to use but if you have some other DLC operators still locked then you might wanna spend money on that or the new upcoming operators.

Thanks for the input. I recently unlocked all the year 1 operators by buying the bundle, so at the moment I only need to unlock Jackal and Mira (besides the new upcoming operators). I don't really like Jackal's ability, and Mira seems to be right up my alley (I like playing in the OBJ or close to it)

OG Kush

Thanks for the input. I recently unlocked all the year 1 operators by buying the bundle, so at the moment I only need to unlock Jackal and Mira (besides the new upcoming operators). I don't really like Jackal's ability, and Mira seems to be right up my alley (I like playing in the OBJ or close to it)

I'd way wait till the new ones come out and make your decisions. Its only a couple weeks to wait.

New guns look great. Love bullpups. Best looking design for a gun when done right.

That SIX12 is a revolver shotgun. Awesome. Both new shotguns look so good.

nOoblet16

I don't know what's more gratifying.. kills in R6:Siege or Battlegrounds? Both feel so good and like an accomplishment, lol.
Any game with single life game mode will be sweaty and feel very rewarding. Gears of War is the same where nothing matches the execution game mode with 1 life per round.

Disgraced

Aha! There is a fuckin' haunted house in there! Called it, fuckers!

It does look creepy. I can't wait to explore it and learn its backstory. Really, that each map has a fragmented story of some kind is one of the most underappreciated elements of this game.

Auctopus

Looks like the assorted rides around the spawn areas miiight be an effort by the developers to slightly reduce spawn-camping. I'm sure Jager will find the angle, though.

Can't really make any judgements on the map seeing as all we get from this trailer is a "vibe".

Looks like the assorted rides around the spawn areas miiight be an effort by the developers to slightly reduce spawn-camping. I'm sure Jager will find the angle, though.

Can't really make any judgements on the map seeing as all we get from this trailer is a "vibe".

Spawn camping is great. As an attacker, I always get some good kills because of those who do attempt to spawn camp.

Sure, mate.

Sure.

Hibana does bug me a bit that she gets an actual "military" looking uniform but they just forget about the pants.

Blackbeard's Elite is ok but I wish they had went with a Vietnam Navy Seal look vs a regular Vietnam era grunt.
Heck a Desert Storm era Seal or wetsuit would be far more appealing imo.

Spawn camping is great. As an attacker, I always get some good kills because of those who do attempt to spawn camp.

I think some maps favor the spawn campers because of the way cover is set up. Like on Bartlett the trees let defenders see the attackers lower halves while covering the windows from attackers. The plane also has similar problems. Everyone is single file so if the lead guy isn't paying attention, the whole row is going to get mowed down.

Top Bottom