• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege single-player will have no supporting AI characters.

GHG

No, I was right.

Just to let you know there is a single player experience which is done through Missions. These pre-set scenarios expose the player to the content and mechanics of the Siege and are specifically designed to be played solo as a Lone Wolf, but can also be played cooperatively with up to four friends.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1174900-Single-player?p=10859749&viewfull=1#post10859749

So no campaign, just missions. Don`t want to play with strangers? Then you are stuck alone.

I'm not getting this anymore then.

This is just bullshit. Is there a franchise ubisoft haven't managed to ruin at this point?

I know they had that Patriots game that was scrapped. Maybe that plays a role. But I thought Rainbow Six was a popular franchise.
There was time when Rainbow Six: Vegas was THE multiplayer game on the 360. Those were good times.

Don't think Vegas 2 lived up to the same promise - and the climactic ending to the story was cringeworthy - but the action was still great.

Did you see my other post? Even their official community manager at the official Siege forums couldn`t provide us with better answers.

We've posted almost at the same time. What I understood by the recruitment is akin to Mass Effect, where you'd select your companions by mission. I'd (perhaps being extra positive and naive) thought it'd be like this...

And I agree that Ubi needs to be more clear in their communication.

Alienous

Just don't charge $60, Ubisoft. Not every game needs to be a single-player + multi-player $60 experience, and I can see moves being made with Siege to try to justify that asking price without any actual content to back it up.

Considering that this is supposed to be a multiplayer game I don't feel like there's anything wrong with the single player campaign just being some challenge scenarios for a single person with no AI. The team based tactical combat is online.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ah, that explains why they included Vegas 1+2 in the package.

Ubisoft never fail to disappoint.

What kind of Rainbow Six campaign doesn't have other characters with you?

First no Ding Chavez and now this.

I don't know why I am surprised though. The first footage of the game was multiplayer.
Ah, that explains why they included Vegas 1+2 in the package.

Ubisoft never fail to disappoint.
Isn't that only the XB1 version?

MSI

Banned
So is this the next Titanfall/Evolve?

Close quarter tactics with strangers is probably too hard, and I don't have 3 or 4 friends to play this with . . . I'll probably pass.

Tenebrous

Close quarter tactics with strangers is probably too hard, and I don't have 3 or 4 friends to play this with . . . I'll probably pass.

On PC? Without doubt. On console? It might have a chance.

I seriously accidentally call it Counter Strike: Siege on occasion.

I guess you can say that but, I don't think it will perform badly as it is an established IP. That said on PC is doomed after probably a month.

Forsete

Gold Member
Confirmed no buy for me.

I miss the old Rainbow Six (or SWAT) games. Hopefully we will get to see a game like that someday. :/

Not a dealbreaker for me, but I can see how its disappointing to most.

Im cautiously optimistic after the unveil of TerroHunt at E3. I was worried the maps would be too small, but what they showed seemed ok. 11 maps for that gametype with 3-4 modes and some variety in player classes seems worth a pickup for me as I have some friends that are interested as well.

The adversarial modes still need to win me over by changing some things like making round times much longer and handling "revives" differently.

BlazinAm

Well you can play them with friends co-op style I don't see what the issue is except for the notion that the game is best when played online. Sucks for people who want a strong single player but that seems like not what they are doing with this outing.

SxP

There goes all my interest in this game. I loved the Vegas campaigns, primarily due to the squad based combat. And I certainly don't pay 60 for MP only games (which this in essence is). Might pick it up when it's really cheap for TerroHunt.

ironcreed

Banned
There was time when Rainbow Six: Vegas was THE multiplayer game on the 360. Those were good times.

Don't think Vegas 2 lived up to the same promise - and the climactic ending to the story was cringeworthy - but the action was still great.

Rainbow Six Vegas was amazing solo as well. I loved that game.

Im probably just out of the loop, but I didn't think there was even a conventional single player campaign in Seige. Doesn't it need a campaign first if you want campaign AI?

Terrorist Hunt in Vegas didn't have AI teammates if I remember correctly. (Edit: I am wrong about this)

Paltheos

Well, of course! If it had other AI teammates there would have to be squad commands. That's a big NO NO for Ubisoft as they think their target audience is too braindead for squad commands.

I remember when they said jumping in Splinter cell with triangle or Y was too complex.

Not all of Ubisoft is like this. The Rayman dev team generally respects the player. Can't speak for the rest of the company :(

Ramenman

This is mainly a multiplayer game..and AI would suck for this kind of thing

so no sound about right

Yeah. Multiplayer first has been their motto from the start (and they've shown only that up until now, and the game is out at the end of the year), it's pretty much a given the campaign would be at most a number of separate missions and certainly not a full-on set-piece hollywood show a la Call Of or Battlefield.

They weren't going to develop AI teammates only for something that is clearly a secondary mode for their game. It makes sense.

Top Bottom