• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

Nydius

Ah, spring in a southern plains state.

The smell of Bradford Pear trees blooming.
Yellow tufts of grass and tree pollen wafting across the air.
The hum of lawnmowers awakening after a long winter slumber.
Birds and squirrels frolicking in the yard.
And super colorful convection maps of the United States on the weather forecast.

RGFlVBx.gif

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Earlier today as I was doing my groceries I caught a faint whiff of a woman's perfume.
I was instantly back in 3rd grade sitting at my tiny desk 😆

It was the same perfume as my teacher Mrs. Héroux!
Crazy after all these years there's a compartment in my brain that remembers.
Smells are some of the most powerful distributors of nostalgia

youll catch a whiff of something you smelt as a child and all of a sudden it comes rushing back

Mitsurux

Got Free tickets to go to an MLB game.
I haven't been to a major sporting even in over 15 years.
WOW have things changed, all digital tickets, stadium is completely cashless now, so many rules on what can/can't be brought in or not, parking anywhere from 25-45, (I know food is going to be super expensive..no shock there just a mater of how much)
Beginning to remember why I stopped going/caring about attending professional sports games.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I've been playing a lot of Hell Divers 2 and I think this is the best PS5 game. It's just fun. Which, you know, games should be.
I haven't been playing it much recently but every session is an enjoyable one. If Sony could release a game this great every 2-3 months I'd be holding a dualsense right now

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Does beating the SNES version over the NES for the enhanced graphics make me a purist?
for context I actually got pretty far without knowledge of the warp whistles in a previous playthrough, then I lost my save file and decided replaying the levels wasn't worth it so I used the warp whistles....

Funny how that jingle would be repurposed for Zelda later on

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I want to play but abhor online multiplayer games

Yea it's always a roll of the dice with online games. So far this game has had far less trolls than most others, and almost everyone is trying to be helpful.

I think the standard edition is only like $40? So it's not that large of a gamble. And I suggest turning off cross platform. There seems to be issues with hosts losing connection when they're hosting both PS5 and PC players.

I haven't been playing it much recently but every session is an enjoyable one. If Sony could release a game this great every 2-3 months I'd be holding a dualsense right now

I used to mainly play on PC, but the PS5 won me back over to console. Most games look and run great, and the DualSense and 3D audio is fantastic considering it's like $400. I think only the Steam Deck comes close to how innovative this console is.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Had a lot of random thoughts when I used to be high as a kite. Meow, not so much.

Unluckily I'm a natural

Scent bypasses the thalamus and as a result gets to the amygdala and hippocampus quicker than the other senses. It's partly why scent can so quickly trigger emotional memory responses and I can't smell Cocoa Butter without getting horny.

Have the same with kittylitter

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
More on Helldivers - it's impressive how they pulled off an adaptation of Starship Troopers. I admit, when I was a kid I didn't realize the film makers were making an arrogant indictment of fascism.

From what I heard, Verhoven (sp?) wanted to make a tale about how young people can fall into authoritarianism for the wrong reasons.

Don't know why air fryers took so long to be invented and/or catch on. I use mine all the time, and so do my friends and family that have one. They're what microwaves wish they could be.

Huh. Explain? Free styling your thoughts on youtube? Url?
I'd have started a channel where I play video games and become the Werner fucking Herzog of streamers because I felt like I didn't need a script.

Being high lights up my brain like a Christmas tree where all the synapses are firing in rapid succession.

Anyone here have experience with an automated self-cleaning litter box for cats (not humans)? Do they work?

Evidence suggests I already have toxoplasmosis, but I'd still prefer not to regularly handle cat piss and shit. TIA!

I would, but he's an indoor cat. Thought he was gone forever after he snuck out one day without me noticing and then after a few weeks went by, some lady took him to the vet where they scanned his chip and gave me a call.

I'd prefer to continue to keep him confined apparently against his will.

Lunarorbit

Just saw one of those squatter hunter videos pop up on my feed.

What I don't understand is people who defend squatting or getting angry at home owners/people trying to evict squatters.

It always comes down to people yelling about their being a housing crisis blah blah blah. But then they show the people squatting and theyre usually some meth users destroying the property.

Just super annoying

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
My right shoulder head has been fucked up for about 6 weeks picking up a coffee can or move my arm needs assistance.

Have psychical therapy thursday. I think I fell on it and hurts some tendons or something. Sigh. Let's hope it isn't that serious.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Just saw one of those squatter hunter videos pop up on my feed.

What I don't understand is people who defend squatting or getting angry at home owners/people trying to evict squatters.

It always comes down to people yelling about their being a housing crisis blah blah blah. But then they show the people squatting and theyre usually some meth users destroying the property.

Just super annoying

What kind of houses are we talking about?

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Aproach him with a medium sized screwdriver and politely inquire why he's doing what he's doing. And while he responds interrupt as if his words carry no weight whatsoever. Then ask him if he has health insurance. Pause. Let him respond while letting him know what's in your hand while eyeing him up with a subtle grin.

Don't respond, size him up and give him a long soulless stare before turning around and slowly walk back to your house.

At your doorstep turn around and stare at him for a good minute.

Am I overreacting?

Last edited:
Aproach him with a medium sized screwdriver and politely inquire why he's doing what he's doing. And while he responds interrupt as if his words carry no weight whatsoever. Then ask him if he has health insurance. Pause. Let him respond while letting him know what's in your hand while eyeing him up with a subtle grin.

Don't respond, size him up and give him a long soulless stare before turning around and slowly walk back to your house.

At your doorstep turn around and stare at him for a good minute.

Am I overreacting?
Yeah, lol.

First of all, you know nothing about him. He might be a boxer etc.

So hit him where it hurts.

Top Bottom