• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

Hudo

>be me
>go to a café and order a juicy burger
>pick up some condiments in packets
>I mistakenly pick up tartar sauce instead of mayo
>oh well fuck it>
>put the tartar sauce on the burger
>it's surprisingly good
n142r4fb6m591.jpg

Nydius

Youths these days and their fancy smartphones and constant connectivity will never appreciate the awkwardness of being in the bathroom, realizing you’re going to be longer than expected, and the only thing available to read is the ingredient list on a bottle of shampoo.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
It's really sad that in today's world I have over $130k in the bank, $300k or $400k in retirement (I haven't checked in a long time because it's depressing to watch it rubber band), and around $100k in stocks, and I still feel broke. Like I am nowhere near ready for retirement.

Like imagine having $500k and no debt back in even just 2015 and thinking you're not ready for retirement. Everything financially is just so crazy now. I hate this world we live in now.

Edit: oh yea and my wife has pretty much the same. So I guess there's that

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
It's really sad that in today's world I have over $130k in the bank, $300k or $400k in retirement (I haven't checked in a long time because it's depressing to watch it rubber band), and around $100k in stocks, and I still feel broke. Like I am nowhere near ready for retirement.

Like imagine having $500k and no debt back in even just 2015 and thinking you're not ready for retirement. Everything financially is just so crazy now. I hate this world we live in now.

Edit: oh yea and my wife has pretty much the same. So I guess there's that
I feel you. We're doing well but after inflation during/after covid my nest egg doesn't feel as secure. Previously we were targeting ~2.5m and now I'm estimating ~5. Scary to think about running out of cash when you need it most.

Ecotic

Why is it when my dog digs a hole in the yard, I can't just push the dirt back in to fill up the hole? The excavated dirt only fills up 50% of the hole. Where did the other dirt go? I know it didn't just de-materialize.

Nydius

I certainly didn't have "Car randomly decides to throw a connecting rod without warning." on my bingo card for this week.

No knocking sounds, no idiot lights, no oil pressure indicators. Nothing to give me any heads up that something might be wrong.
Just a complete and total failure through the oil pan.
Fuck.

At least it did it in my driveway and not out on the road.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
That feeling when you're playing Elden Ring and need to take a break and find a spot you think is safe, then all of the sudden you see the "spirit" of some other player fighting desperately for their lives

Edit: also, I wish I had switch to Duck Duck Go as my default search engine a long time ago. Google is practically useless now. It just returns mostly ads and AI generated garbage. Even the simplest of searches these days seem to only have about a 25% chance of producing accurate results.

Last edited:
That feeling when you're playing Elden Ring and need to take a break and find a spot you think is safe, then all of the sudden you see the "spirit" of some other player fighting desperately for their lives

Edit: also, I wish I had switch to Duck Duck Go as my default search engine a long time ago. Google is practically useless now. It just returns mostly ads and AI generated garbage. Even the simplest of searches these days seem to only have about a 25% chance of producing accurate results.
Can I recommend Brave browser with Brave search engine? Their Brave AI results are better than what I've seen with Google's AI summaries. Also, if you use Brave browser on mobile, you can keep YouTube playing with the screen off. The ad-blocking is excellent, too.

I'm not paid by Brave, but I wish I were.

LostDonkey

Before people can have children they should be forced to go through what prospective homeowners go through to prove you can afford and support it.

Sick of these stone faced bitches on social media trying to justify being stay at home mum's claiming off the system to feed children they can't afford to have.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Before people can have children they should be forced to go through what prospective homeowners go through to prove you can afford and support it.

Sick of these stone faced bitches on social media trying to justify being stay at home mum's claiming off the system to feed children they can afford to have.

Delete your social media and stop watching cable TV.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm slightly anxious about a new personal progress endeavor coming friday because it's repercussions when deemed positive will have me make lot of fundamental changes in my life.

Which, for the record is positive in nature.

The Godhead has spoken.

Will I stay stubborn or open?

Sigh.

LostDonkey

Careful what you wish for.

Don't believe all the tv/hallmark/movie bullshit. You don't mean anything to the person you are best manning for, they are just choosing you because you are responsible, can be depending on to plan (and in some cases pay for) a "fun" bachelor party for them, and will show up to the event on time.

COLD

Top Bottom