• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rank the big 90’s Rock Bands

C4lukin2

Banned
cannot rank, skipped out on almost all those bands

i'm just gonna say kmfdm (industrial rock to some extent)

since i have no better options

Which is fine. People clan claim Front 242, Mazzy Star, and Fugazi.

But that is not what this topic is about. But I totally gave Gwar fans an in, and if you really like Christian Death or Skinny Puppy, that is shit Zi know.

Not sure where I was going with this. Trying to get Skinny Puppy fans to judge early to mid 90’s music..

C4lukin2

Banned
cannot rank, skipped out on almost all those bands

i'm just gonna say kmfdm (industrial rock to some extent) since i have no better options

I hate to be say this. But KMFDM is garbage. And if I thought they had any value even at the lowest level, I would defend them.

It the universe is eating itself. And horrible music opinions lead to the death of all humanity.

So your bad taste is killing us all.

I wish , I could keep it up as a joke. A sense of humor and love for humanity will save us all.

That was a joke. KMFDM fans are so passionate. And I do not get it, but any music that inspires passion is above the haters.

Last edited:

Dark Star

it's hard to rank them by # so i'll just put them in "tiers"

tier 1 :

Alice in Chains
Tool
Smashing Pumpkins
Radiohead
Soundgarden
My Bloody Valentine
Slowdive

tier 2 :

Deftones
System of a Down
Korn
Faith No More
Rage Against the Machine
Nine Inch Nails
Jane's Addiction
Filter

tier 3 :

Sublime
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Green Day
Third Eye Blind
Foo Fighters
Blink-182
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Stone Temple Pilots
The Offspring

tier 4 :

U2
REM
Aerosmith
Guns N Roses
Oasis
Live
The Cranberries
Metallica

as you can see ... the difference between tier 1 and tier 4 is that T1 is actually progressive af and T4 is basically DAD ROCK :p

Last edited:

Scotty W

Gold Member
hqdefault.jpg

BrettWeir

There were amazing bands back then. No mention of The Cure? Jane's Addiction, Pearl Jam, KMFDM, Alice in Chains, and Tool top my list of favorites from that era.

Last edited:
Top Bottom