• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rant: Sony, no more gifs

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Never reacted to some many replies in a single thread, thanks for this! Love this thread!
giphy.gif

anothertech

Have you not been watching the cringe memes being posted every single day and considered 'cool' on the internet? These Sony gifs are the least of our worries.

They are not requested by Sony like the OP seems to believe, they are made by the studios animators when they have nothing more to do. Its like an internal thing that i think Naughty Dog started when they won Studio of the year and shown this gif in the award ceremony. And now some other studios joined the fun.

My conspiracy is along with skill trees and claimable walls, sony has a manifesto that all their studios must produce gifs for social media engagement.

SenkiDala

Well what's fun and what isn't depends on people. I am not a fan of those Sony gifs but some are fun, to me. For exemple a lot of you seem to post gifs of this fat Arabian/American man that seem to be famous in USA, I hate those, but anyways.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I mean, if people enjoy making/using them and it drives up emgagement with a studio/product, there's no harm.

Same as there's no harm in thinking the whole thing is a little cheesy and choosing not to take part.

So hard being a human.

MiguelItUp

Lol, a thread about THIS?! Amazing. It just always felt like harmless silly fun, that's really it. Doesn't need to be looked into more than that. Feels like some devs had extra time and were like, "What if we recreated popular meme gifs with our characters?", and that was it. No harm in that.

What's hilarious is that I didn't realize there were THAT many. There are some in here that I haven't seen before at all, lmaoooooo.

JTCx

Lol, a thread about THIS?! Amazing. It just always felt like harmless silly fun, that's really it. Doesn't need to be looked into more than that.
Its goes deeper than that. Notice how a certain group of subhumans who are bothered by it, especially the OP.

ZehDon

Gold Member
What started as one developer having a bit of a laugh had the fun entirely sucked out of it by the time we get to Naughty Dog mass producing dozens of TLOU2 gifs of ten-year-old memes. It was a cute gag at first, now it's just painfully out of touch "How do you do, fellow kids?" corporate marketing.

Hoddi

I kinda agree that it's overdone but they're also so well made that I won't complain. It's still 100% middle-aged humor but that's also okay.

It's America's Funniest Home Videos kind of funny. Dreadful but you can still chuckle at it.

K2D

Banned
I get it. It stings seeing Sony 1st parties being plastered all over the internet. /s

Some of these are plain dumb, but I just happily scroll past them..

Star Wars GIF

Toons

Every once in a while the users here reveal how boomer ish they are becoming.

The cycle is continuing with "complaining about harmless memes"

Rubik8

I actually had no idea Sony made these. I thought they were some deep-fake wizardry. I almost asked a couple of times, but didn’t want to look like an idiot. Somehow knowing they are “official” makes me like them even more. The OP needs to remove the stick from their ass.

Toons

It's true though.
Even Okay Boomer originated from the late 2000's
And you got Gen Z saying it to Millennials & Gen X....🤔
And Bruh is from the early 2000's too and you got people saying it now like they just discovered it.
The new generations have no identity of their own.
Other then being sensitive little bitches and entitled.

The generation before you said the same thing about you. You've become them. Congrats I guess.

Top Bottom