• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank PS4 is a complete reimagining, coming 2015, not Q1.

I really hope they don't fuck with their designs too much, I love the look of Ratchet and Clank.

I don't see it ever getting worse than this monstrosity.

73338_orig.jpg

He'll probably look like how he does in the movie.

injurai

Banned
I don't see it ever getting worse than this monstrosity.

He'll probably look like how he does in the movie.

Imo, his movie look is pretty awful and inconsistent depending on the angle and facial expression.

I'm not a fan, but I'm willing to be open minded.

Imo, his movie look is pretty awful and inconsistent depending on the angle and facial expression.

I'm not a fan, but I'm willing to be open minded.

I'm just happy it didn't turn out to be his nasty teaser design.

I think his current one is consistent from different angles. Maybe you're thinking of some of the promotional movie artwork/posters that makes him look really weird?

ratchet_and_clank_movie_screenshot_3_by_owldudette-d80z4mk.jpg

They really should have just used his Crack in time design though... But hopefully if they make more movies and they want him to look a bit older, then maybe they'll transfer to it a bit...

Or his Tool's design

lw_ratchet_narrowweb__300x362,2.jpg

injurai

Banned
There is still something wrong with his new design to me. Yeah ToD/CiT is much better. He just doesn't feel like a Lombax anymore, he feels like some Doctor Seuss species.

I'll learn to love it, Maybe it's just his move presence.

Yeah I know I think I'd complain about it more too, but when A4O and FFA came out, I was so worried that it would be the new standard for Ratchet's look.... Then when the movie teaser came out, I was like legit extremely scared that this is what new fans would be introduced to and that those fans would expect that to be the norm... So even though I think the ToD/CiT look is much better than the movie look, i'm mainly just extra relieved it turned out the way it did now because it could have been way worse :p

injurai

Banned
Yeah I know I think I'd complain about it more too, but when A4O and FFA came out, I was so worried that it would be the new standard for Ratchet's look.... Then when the movie teaser came out, I was like legit extremely scared that this is what new fans would be introduced to and that those fans would expect that to be the norm... So even though I think the ToD/CiT look is much better than the movie look, i'm mainly just extra relieved it turned out the way it did now because it could have been way worse :p

I'm just used to seeing Ratchet either dead serious, or wise cracking with a grin on his face. Pretty much every new shot he seems mopey delicately happy. Which just doesn't match my idea of him. Reimagining it is I suppose. But Clank is supposed to be the voice of reasons and resident piss-taker. Ratchet is supposed to the loose cannon and wise cracker.

So I'm getting some weird reads. While Quark is like exactly the same.

Top Bottom