• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy |OT| Rip your PS3 a new one

injurai

Banned
Oh, shame. I just tried running it in forced 1080p but didn't notice a bit of difference in image quality. Think I'll just leave it in 720p then.

Well hopefully there would be a difference to notice. I just meant that you can't count the resolution of the framebuffer when it's being up-scalled and displayed over a different resolution.

But if it looks fine, you're probably okay. Might as well just leave it at 1080 though.

Number45

I'm sure someone mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread that these aren't being natively rendered at 1080p. I couldn't be bothered to check, it doesn't affect how much fun the games are.

Vashetti

Banned
Hey guys

Massive R&C fan here

Recently bought the HD trilogy off the NA PSN Store because of the sale and wow they look great.

Crazy to think I was playing the first Ratchet & Clank back in 2002 and now I'm reliving it in glorious HD.

Dat nostalgia *wipes tear*

Sora_N

I'm not very good at platformers but R&C1 is kicking my ass, the lack of good checkpoints doesn't help. I'm not really enjoying this game much. Is the next game any better? I really hate quitting but the game is so frustrating for me, the checkpoints just increased that frustration. Is the game actually difficult or do I just really suck? I'm not that sure about it yet.

Number45

They can all be quite tricky in places, but Going Commando introduces strafing which definitely makes the combat more manageable.

Vashetti

Banned
I'm not very good at platformers but R&C1 is kicking my ass, the lack of good checkpoints doesn't help. I'm not really enjoying this game much. Is the next game any better? I really hate quitting but the game is so frustrating for me, the checkpoints just increased that frustration. Is the game actually difficult or do I just really suck? I'm not that sure about it yet.

R&C1 is notoriously harder than the other games because of the reasons you stated.

You'll be happy to know that as early as R&C2 are all those problems fixed. The series gets better and better and the only real blips have been All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault/Q-Force.

Toppot

R&C has aged a bit and its flaws are more glaring. As Vashetti says they all get better as you go on. Just make it through the first game, then enjoy Going Commando, with some free weapons for having played R&C 1 ;)

Sora_N

They can all be quite tricky in places, but Going Commando introduces strafing which definitely makes the combat more manageable.

R&C1 is notoriously harder than the other games because of the reasons you stated.

You'll be happy to know that as early as R&C2 are all those problems fixed. The series gets better and better and the only real blips have been All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault/Q-Force.

R&C has aged a bit and its flaws are more glaring. As Vashetti says they all get better as you go on. Just make it through the first game, then enjoy Going Commando, with some free weapons for having played R&C 1 ;)

Good to hear there's improvements, I'll give it another go through #1. :) Thanks all

Lokimaru

Man Ratchet was such an Ass in the first game, Then he becomes kind of the Unsung Hero/Butt Monkey next to Clank. He's treated much better in the Future games. Even in the reboot he's treated more like he is in the Future series. I wonder why that is.

Number45

Man Ratchet was such an Ass in the first game, Then he becomes kind of the Unsung Hero/Butt Monkey next to Clank. He's treated much better in the Future games. Even in the reboot he's treated more like he is in the Future series. I wonder why that is.
Need him to be likeable for the movie franchise, probably.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
and he's not really in line with the character we grew to envision him as and as the franchise is today.

also not voiced by James Arnold Taylor in RC1

Top Bottom