• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends Definitive Edition (Switch) demo out now in EU and AUS

I hope we get a Rayman Origins: Definitive Edition soon after. Still a huge missed opportunity to do a 2-pack (regardless of the Back to Origins levels being in).

The demo's fun, and I really like using buttons for Murphy instead of the screen.

Feffe

The demo includes the soccer minigame, which can be played with two joycons.

Even if you are uninterested in platforms you may want to download and keep the demo just for this if you you are into party games.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Had a go on this. It plays well and, is, Rayman legends. UbiArt seemed to downscale well to the Wii U GamePad's 480p screen as this doesn't really look a whole lot sharper at 720p compared with something like Mario Kart 8. It's definitely more vibrant due to Switch matching sRGB.

Was the Murphy's Touch level in the original game? It feels more like a challenge level, enjoyed it and it reminded me how much control you actually get over Murphy in those levels.

Not sure how that was done with buttons since there are more options for control here than pressing A to make Murphy do a single action - anyone able to explain?

WiiU and Vita had touch controls while PS4/XB1 were press A to Murphy for those levels.

WiiU and Vita had touch controls while PS4/XB1 were press A to Murphy for those levels.

Got it! But how did it work for the levels where you had to slide drawers a certain way to reach a certain path - did you have to press A twice instead of once or something?

I definitely "get" the murphy implementation in simpler levels where you're only using murphy to bash away enemies or drag a large coin to Rayman, and while it felt like an imperfect solution on Switch it just about works. But the more complex levels where you're sliding around several pieces of level furniture to guide Rayman to a secret exit puzzle me without touch.

Feels great. Previously I played a little on PS4, but it was a borrowed copy, and since there were different games on 3DS, PS4, blah blah. Now, I have an opportunity to make up for my mistake, but 39,99€ is a bit much.

Rayman was one of the first games I played on PS one back in the day and I'm still waiting to replay it again on my PS3 but Sony's PS Plus says "fuck you Joe, give me 60 bucks or die"

If I could find time to play it in co-op with someone I think I would get it. The Switch hardware is energising for even the most familiar of games, but as someone who exhausted Rayman Legends the first time around this one is a harder sell than something like Mario Kart 8, which still entertains.

Why you don't like titty games!?!?

Dem titties!

Monster_Monpiece_gameplay.gif

Got it! But how did it work for the levels where you had to slide drawers a certain way to reach a certain path - did you have to press A twice instead of once or something?

I definitely "get" the murphy implementation in simpler levels where you're only using murphy to bash away enemies or drag a large coin to Rayman, and while it felt like an imperfect solution on Switch it just about works. But the more complex levels where you're sliding around several pieces of level furniture to guide Rayman to a secret exit puzzle me without touch.

On the Xbox version it just auto moves when you press the button, or some movements require LT/RT for rotation

Can't remember exactly which button but it's all auto with prompts for direction.

Like the scratch card you can scratch on the touch screen but on Xbox the analog moves a cursor

Mediking

Yeah, this demo impressed me like crazy. I want more games like these. This demo is vibrant and expressive and fun to control. I'm so in.

@MUWANdo

Banned
How many times has Ubisoft sent this game to die?

I can understand not wanting to drop the price (even though these games never sell without big price cuts) but would it kill them to add a substantial amount of new content? It wouldn't even need to be new Legends content, necessarily--throw in Origins, throw in the original game, throw in the mobile games, I don't know, just don't try to pretend this is anything but a no-frills port.

How many times has Ubisoft sent this game to die?

I can understand not wanting to drop the price (even though these games never sell without big price cuts) but would it kill them to add a substantial amount of new content? It wouldn't even need to be new Legends content, necessarily--throw in Origins, throw in the original game, throw in the mobile games, I don't know, just don't try to pretend this is anything but a no-frills port.

Actually would have been pretty sweet if they did chuck in Fiesta Run and Raymans Adventures too now that you mention it. They're pretty great games, and Pasta Games did work on this soo...

ZeroX03

Banned
Played the demo. It's the same decent game it's always been. I guess it might be the definitive version with both control schemes and full res both handheld and docked but it's not like the game was lacking on other platforms.

I'm in for $5 in a year. I own it on every other platform except like 360 so it's very low priority.

On the Xbox version it just auto moves when you press the button, or some movements require LT/RT for rotation

Can't remember exactly which button but it's all auto with prompts for direction.

Like the scratch card you can scratch on the touch screen but on Xbox the analog moves a cursor

Great explanation, thanks!

zigg

Touch mode is selected via the gallery section I believe.
Has anyone actually found this option in the demo?

I played the Wii U version in co-op with a friend; some of the best gaming memories I ever had. I don't own it myself, though.

I'd be in for playing this with Murfy touch in the main campaign, but it doesn't seem to be in the demo. Press A to Murfy is not my thing.

essenn

The demo includes the soccer minigame, which can be played with two joycons.

Even if you are uninterested in platforms you may want to download and keep the demo just for this if you you are into party games.

Nice, thanks. I was considering buying it again just for the soccer mini-game.

Are the co op levels where one person controls Murphy with the touch screen and the other Rayman, available? I know Murphy can now be controlled with the buttons and I know the touch screen levels are there for handheld mode, but what about co op with one using touchscreen and other Rayman? Those challenges for online were the best. Wont this require two Switches, or is it absent?

Sadist

Btw, I don't want to create a thread for it, but the game is already out in Holland. Saw several copies available at a local Intertoys. (Eindhoven)

Top Bottom