• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Razer's Project Christine: modular PC that anyone can upgrade.

Keyouta

3.) If you are handling expensive parts, you should wear a static wristband. I don't care what a computer store employee does, as from my experience from them they can't spot a power malfunction in a computer part if they tried, and if they ever do like hell are they going to take responsibility. They're not being safe not because it doesn't matter, it's because they don't care. I care. You should care.
I've never done this, and I've built 100s of computers. However, I'm not standing on carpet or someplace that static could easily build up. I just always mount and plug in the power supply first. Once that's in the case, touch the case and you'll be grounded. You just have to keep grounded by using the case.

I understand people wanting a static wristband though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Valve needs to take notes if they want to get anywhere with a Steambox.

Fantastic idea, unfortunate that it's Razer so it's designed as it is though.

what a genius way to idiot proof pc building.

offer a range of prices on the individual modules so folks can go high or low on this and you will be golden.
I agree. This is, for me--a lazy gamer with the know how to build my own PC but positively no desire to do so--the most exciting announcement in the vein of idiot proofing the powerful PC. This tops steam machines for me, personally, because these modules further idiot proof upgrades and there's no concern about whether or not upgraded parts will fit in the case.

Sell me on it, Razer. I've got cash to burn.

Top Bottom