• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Re:Legend - monster raising RPG [PC/PS4/XB1/Switch] - KS concluded at 901% funding

Weebos

Banned
Backed this after seeing this thread. Looks like a fun little game.

Any word on if the multiplayer will allow local play?

Falk

that puzzling face
Local as in splitscreen on one TV? Probably not. Devs confirmed LAN + internet on the same session though, for what it's worth.

Lain

Backed this after seeing this thread. Looks like a fun little game.

Any word on if the multiplayer will allow local play?

This is what they said:
Does the game support local and online multiplayer?

Yup! Both works, at the same time. :D
Note: By local we meant LAN(Local Area Network) so you would still need separate device and copies of the game to play together without going online.

Ganado

I'd love either the gold or silver wings, but I don't like to back for physical items. One of the reasons I never backed Shenmue 3.

Lain

Looking at it with a bit of suspicion I can see how those wings might appear as a money grab tactic (to try to get people to raise pledges) but, to be honest, to me it feels like a simple gift for the people backing the game.
Maybe it should have been a set of wings no matter the backing tier.

zeopower6

Looking at it with a bit of suspicion I can see how those wings might appear as a money grab tactic (to try to get people to raise pledges) but, to be honest, to me it feels like a simple gift for the people backing the game.
Maybe it should have been a set of wings no matter the backing tier.

It probably should have been a single type of wings across all tiers. The most 'fair' and balanced option.

Falk

that puzzling face
Finding the thieves would be nigh impossible, I think. Burglaries happen not uncommonly on long weekends here (5 days), and PC parts are extremely hard to trace.

It could have been worse - from what I understand the dev team was essentially going to be moving out to a better/bigger location as a result of the campaign, and most have done quite a bit of work remotely, so considering the data is safe it's not as much of a setback as it could have been.

The big thing would be the impact it has on the TGS demo considering TGS is... two weeks away.

I think a bigger kick in the guts are people requesting refunds (especially after such a great campaign), but hey, in the end it's totally understandable considering how many past projects have shit the pool for crowdfunding goodwill and I'd sooner wish that this country wasn't such a festering shithole in terms of petty crime than I'd wish Kickstarter wasn't such a relative shaky position compared to five years ago.

Lain

Finding the thieves would be nigh impossible, I think. Burglaries happen not uncommonly on long weekends here (5 days), and PC parts are extremely hard to trace.

It could have been worse - from what I understand the dev team was essentially going to be moving out to a better/bigger location as a result of the campaign, and most have done quite a bit of work remotely, so considering the data is safe it's not as much of a setback as it could have been.

The big thing would be the impact it has on the TGS demo considering TGS is... two weeks away.

I think a bigger kick in the guts are people requesting refunds (especially after such a great campaign), but hey, in the end it's totally understandable considering how many past projects have shit the pool for crowdfunding goodwill and I'd sooner wish that this country wasn't such a festering shithole in terms of petty crime than I'd wish Kickstarter wasn't such a relative shaky position compared to five years ago.

There have been refund requests because the dev team disclosed they have been victims of burglary? I really hope not though I wouldn't be too surprised if that was the case.

BT-727

Neo Member
Damn. That sucks :(.

Interviewed them last week. DC is a pretty cool guy.

Some interesting take aways:

• Will need a larger team to meet all stretch goals.
  • No procedurally generated areas.
  • Probable reveal related to underwater farming after/around TGS.
  • In the process of deciding on a publisher ("If they're willing to guide us, that will make sure we have the capability to start Re:Legend 2, 3, and 4 without fail. That is the main interest in having a publisher.”)
  • Dynamic music, similar to FF is on the cards.
  • Cross-platform play is being worked on, dependent on Sony.
  • As for physical editions - they want to do it, depends on the community.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No procedurally generated areas
Kind of want a procedurally generated infinite dungeon but otherwise seems good.

Melchior

Damn. That sucks :(.

Interviewed them last week. DC is a pretty cool guy.

Some interesting take aways:

• No procedurally generated areas.

huh I thought the final stretch goal was a procedurally generated zone. It says "random final dungeon, random end game boss" Honestly the only reason I backed was to hit that. Definitely my mistake for misinterpreting but I'm sure the game will be great either way.

BT-727

Neo Member
huh I thought the final stretch goal was a procedurally generated zone. It says "random final dungeon, random end game boss" Honestly the only reason I backed was to hit that. Definitely my mistake for misinterpreting but I'm sure the game will be great either way.

FWIW, I ran the entire piece by them before publishing - something we usually do with indies to avoid any confusion or drama. My interpretation of his statement is with regards to the overall design.

”We want it to be handcrafted. There are a lot of hidden treasures, hidden areas, hidden biomes, and there a lot of things and puzzles we want people to find themselves, we want to make sure its clear," says Gan. "If we go for random generation, things might go off. This is not an open-world, so we want to make sure the area and space we've hand-crafted is going to be special for everyone."

Falk

that puzzling face
Right, that's referring to the biomes, or the story zones in general.

While prefab-based worlds can work (like Diablo, and the game does lean quite a bit into Diablo-style framework for multiplayer) it's definitely a different experience from specifically designed zones.

edit: Great interview, btw

Lain

New update out:
Monthly Update #1: New Office, Tokyo Game Show, September Pick-a-Magnus, Game Progress

The temporary office looks nice and it's also nice to see their local government agency being supportive:

The new office will be ready in early November and we're currently setting up a temporary office in a space provided by our local government agency. They have been really helpful and supporting us throughout the whole theft incident so we're really grateful for that. Here's our temporary office! <3
Ro5c.jpeg

Also, monthly pick-a-Magnus:

Pick-a-Magnus Rules:

1) We will be posting a set of Magnus concept labelled from A - J.

2) You will go through every single one of them and select your favorite concept.

3) Leave a comment about your pick and explain why.

4) The Magnus with the most votes will be added to Re:Legend in-game.

Note: you can only select ONE, so pick carefully.

Po5c.png

Definitely G for me because the moment I saw that Magnus I thought of LWA Sucy.

Top Bottom