• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommendations on an upcoming trip nearby

What places are good to travel

• Tour in Europe.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Tour in Japan

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Tour Scotland, England and Ireland

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Tour Turkey and Greece

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Friends, I have been dreaming that I am traveling in vacations in the last days.

So I made the decision that I am ready to travel abroad, I only have my Mexican passport, I am going on a trip as a Tourist.

Due to my work, it will only be a 14-day vacation.

3 options

Option 1:

Tour in Europe. I want to visit what is Spain, Zurich, France and Rome.

234301_6340a85b27682.jpg

Option number 2:

The second option is to go to Japan, I'll be honest, what I want to visit is Shibuya, Akihabara and the arcade center that used to belong to SEGA, Go to the Dragon Quest Restaurant, Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy... Visit the Ghibli Museum Studio, Take a picture in the Tokyo tower, i wish visit the Japanese Shinto temples and a Samurai enclosure.

sega-akihabara-tokyo-jezael-melgoza-unsplash-640x336.jpg
shrine-Fushimi-Inari-Shinto-Kyoto-Japan.jpg

41722015281_e528d677b8_b.jpg

Option number 3:

Go to Scotland, England and Ireland

134653_9cbcbd.jpg

Option 4:

Turkey and Greece, where I might take a cruise.

Kefalonia-Greece.-Colorful-village-of-Assos-sits-on-the-blue-water-in-Kefalonia1.jpg

Also to ask, I'll go alone... Possibly do a Travel Tour, but ask your experience and places that are good to visit.

The budget to be able to stay 14 days only me.

Measurements and Care.

The holidays are most likely between the month of November 2023 to March 2024

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I would suggest Europe.

I did Irland (2x), Iceland, Netherlands (2x), Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Austria and Swizz in the last 6 years. I'm right now in Portugal.

For all these destinations i would say it's very easy to get around by car and plane and usually i never book any B&Bs or hotels in advance.

I just "jump" in and see where it takes me. Prices vary but with the exception of Iceland everything was reasonable.

The english language gets you pretty far in all of europe. It helps to learn a few words in the native language to get a better start with the locals.

But Japan is also very tempting. It's on my list since forever.

Option number 2:

The second option is to go to Japan, I'll be honest, what I want to visit is Shibuya, Akihabara and the arcade center that used to belong to SEGA, Go to the Dragon Quest Restaurant, Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy... Visit the Ghibli Museum Studio, Take a picture in the Tokyo tower, i wish visit the Japanese Shinto temples and a Samurai enclosure.

sega-akihabara-tokyo-jezael-melgoza-unsplash-640x336.jpg
The sky in that photograph is amazing. Reminds me of those old Tekken games that had similar backgrounds.

DKehoe

There's not a wrong option there. But 1 might give you the most variety and you can easily hop on and off trains to get about between those countries. So I'd lean towards that. But obviously, it depends on your own personal preference.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Thank you for your answers, it would be great, how were your experiences in the trips you have made or the places that are worth visiting.

I live in Mexico, the culture would be too different, the same as the way of recommendations for museums, food or what are the best ways to travel, whether to make a reservation or go buy the plane flight and reserve a hotel.

Or how were your experiences?

Why not include England, Scotland and Ireland (no love for Wales?) In your tour of Europe? Same with Turkey and Greece.
What happens is that in Mexico, they offer packages, but I also ask about Wales.

ahtlas7

What is your budget?

edit:
You are using a travel agency or booking this yourself?
Are you looking to experience a completely new/foreign adventure?
Are you experienced in foreign travel? Been to any of these places before?

Last edited:

ahtlas7

In fact that is a good question, what is better of these 2 ways?

Because it will be the first time I will travel.
Oh man, tough question. I’ve never used an agency. I travel frequently for fun and book everything myself but I’ve been doing it for many years. It’s not difficult but if you’ve never done it before you may want someone with experience to give you help on your first go especially since it will be a multi country trip. I can spend days searching for hotels to get the best deal/location/experience.

That's what I was going to ask, you beat me xD.

My budget is to spend in europe is 7,000 dollars, of course the plane ticket and the tour are separate, which I can easily cover.
Thats a nice budget!
Fyi: Your money will go much further in the 4th option. I was in Athens 2 months ago and prices were so great!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm not a big traveller, but at some point when I get off my ass to see the world, I'm definitely going to do a few things:

1. Check out a local sporting event (like European or South American soccer match in a giant stadium)

2. Spends days shopping and eating at local markets and grubbing it at cheap grimy street food kiosks

3. Try to do it all with no car. I dont want to be renting a car and driving in a city I dont know anything about. Everything is walkable or a short cab or subway ride from the hotel. Or a tour bus will take me to the places

Last edited:
Top Bottom