• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recore Price Revealed $39.99 / £29.99 / €39.99

E3 2015 trailer made it look like AAA game
E3 2016 trailer made it look like an arcade title

I guess it's a smaller game???

It was even hinted and teased on these forums as being a big game, a AAA title..

I'm not sure that was the case...at least the AAA budget..It could still be a huge game though...

Ratchet nailed it at that price, hopefully this does too...

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
so this is like a low budget XBL type game... advertised as 12hours of gameplay! wow?

It sounds like a shitty indie game...

Sounds like they took their $20 digital game idea from last year, added $20 on top and made it one of their holiday titles. Trailer looked extremely janky, sub 30 fps for sure and lots of aliasing. It's Unity engine so that was expected.

It really did look underwhelming and a bit low budget.
I'll check it out still, but expectations are lowered quite a bit after today's showing.

Chris1

what happened chris1

just messing with ya

good price for me though makes it easier to get suckered in

Hey it was $60 on MS store last year and Shinobi said it wasn't a small game :p

I have to wonder with the original $60 listing last year, if it was supposed to be $60 but they lowered it because it wouldn't sell well at $60? The lower price seems strange anyways but I'm not complaining!

illusionary

Great price! I do wonder why it's lower than standard, but certainly I'm not complaining.

Nuts & Bolts being paired with it seems somewhat random; regardless, there's no need to pre-order just yet.

I love that collector's edition (as well as the standard Xbox One boxart) but I'll be buying the game on PC because I don't have an Xbox One.

It's a damn shame they went with Unity engine, but I'm still excited to play the game. I just hope they can get it performing well.

blakep267

Seriously, they need to fix those animations before they release it, everything elese is fine
Yeah. I don't mind the gameplay but this needs some more time in the oven. Like next year launch. But it probably wouldn't be worth it from a monetary standpoint to dump more resources into it

It just looks disjointed to me. And the platforming looks terrible. Maybe it's the animations or whatever, but there are some perlious drops I don't want to be fucking with as I battle the controls. Like some of that stuff looked like Megaman small in terms of what you were jumping on.

So we'll see in a few months, I guess. But at this point, I wouldn't mind a delay.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Judging by that footage, I'm still thinking this started out as a 2.5D Metroidvania until MS stepped and in and said "Nope, we already have Ori, we need a proper 3D game".

Hence why it looks like....this. I mean, no WAY this was meant to come out early 2016 if this is really what it always was.

Yeah, this is me too (though, "metal case" rather than SteelBook?). No way that I can justify what's likely to be £100+ for it in the UK, though.
I think it's a metal slip case that goes over the actual box instead of a replacement for the box (like a Steelbook), but I could be wrong about that.

Either way, not a $100+ purchase. Maybe I'll wait it out to see if I can get a deal.

Linkified

Judging by that footage, I'm still thinking this started out as a 2.5D Metroidvania until MS stepped and in and said "Nope, we already have Ori, we need a proper 3D game".

Hence why it looks like....this. I mean, no WAY this was meant to come out early 2016 if this is really what it always was.

No I think it more goes back to the original Xbox where each time they put a date on a project it missed the biggest example was Halo 2, hence the tatoo PR move to make it more official.

Now you have a situation where each time MS has put out media for Sea of Thieves/Halo Wars 2/Recore//Scalebound/Crackdown 3 these projects keep on slipping.

Oh and Cobalt remember from was it last Gamescom where it said October 2015 that slipped. Quantum Break slipped multiple times. It is just a factor of games especially the platform holders.

a harpy

I could tell from the trailer alone it wasn't a $60 game. The animations looked low-budget.

Yeah, I think this game is really going to come together based on the encounter/level design, and not so much the core gameplay loop. If we get some kind of open world adventure game, or something zelda and/or prime-esque, I think it'll be top notch. I'm on board, but I'm guessing it'll be a game that lives and dies by its reviews.

Yeah, I think this game is really going to come together based on the encounter/level design, and not so much the core gameplay loop. If we get some kind of open world adventure game, or something zelda and/or prime-esque, I think it'll be top notch. I'm on board, but I'm guessing it'll be a game that lives and dies by its reviews.

It looks like the level design is the strongest point, considering all the variance and stuff shown in the trailer, and how you use your robot buddies.

But if the jumping sucks while I'm platforming, or the combat simply isn't fun despite well thought out placement, it's not going to work. It all has to work in tandem, and that is where my biggest fears lie.

Top Bottom