• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Ash The Kalkanon Incident (PS4/XB1) development to proceed with Fuze Etertainme

This is hilarious because this was posted yesterday:

is2AgSl.gif

Lol

junpei

Never has there been a more appropriate time to post this gif.

He has a right to be upset. People donate to a Kickstarter with the promise that something could be made using the funds they provided. While it's cool that the game got outside funding, it undermines the core principle of the system. If they were going to just use this money to seek outside funding, I wish they would have been more up-front about it. H-Hour did much better in that their main goal was to make a vertical slice build that they could show to publishers and hopefully get more money for the game. Maybe they could self publish if they got enough money as a stretch goal. Comcept is just being dishonest now, and it's like they're stealing from donators that gave money and forgot about the project. Those people won't get refunds now, and that's not fair to them.

the gif doesn't fit because if the ks doesn't reach its goal then they don't have your money.

DNAbro

Never has there been a more appropriate time to post this gif.

He has a right to be upset. People donate to a Kickstarter with the promise that something could be made using the funds they provided. While it's cool that the game got outside funding, it undermines the core principle of the system. If they were going to just use this money to seek outside funding, I wish they would have been more up-front about it. H-Hour did much better in that their main goal was to make a vertical slice build that they could show to publishers and hopefully get more money for the game. Maybe they could self publish if they got enough money as a stretch goal. Comcept is just being dishonest now, and it's like they're stealing from donators that gave money and forgot about the project. Those people won't get refunds now, and that's not fair to them.

Comcept can't just lower the goal? I'm not 100% sure how it works.

they don't have their money though. They don't get the money unless it is funded.

Paz

What? Most if not ALL kickstarted games that don't rely on developer nostalgia have something to show for themselves. Three quick examples off the top of my head: Shovel Knight, Ghost Song and Hyper Light Drifter.

There is an enormous difference between those 3 games and Yooka Laylee, using it was some kind of benchmark to compare stuff to is a bad idea, the arms race of how complete your game needs to be before going to kickstarter is a bad thing.

I'm not saying Yooka Laylee did anything wrong by looking like that when they launched, just that the slide towards comparisons being made like the post I quoted is a bad thing.

Squishy3

Took advantage of his fan base. Sucks too. He helped make some good stuff in the past.
Also pushed for the Westernization of Capcom and some of it worked out (Dead Rising, Bluecastle becomes Capcom Vancouver) and then we also ended up getting stuff like Dark Void and Operation Raccoon City. Is also probably mostly responsible for the cancellation of Megaman Universe and Legends 3 because he announced his departure from the company shortly after they were announced and he was probably the only executive pushing for those games to be developed.

maxcriden

Is it even legit to get backer donations for 90+% of a campaign, announce you have funding for the entire game, and then finish out the campaign on the basis of stretch goals? Seems like those busy or not paying attention would end up with their funds going towards stretch goals when they pledged on the basis of helping to fund creation of a game.

Paz

What the hell.

It's a console for the Chinese market, they are trying to do what that other Chinese company did to their mobile phone market - Offer close to the premium brand quality (but not quite there) at a fraction of the cost.

(Full disclosure we're working with them for the Chinese market, I have no idea how well their plan will work but it's not really an uncommon approach to China these days.)

Damo1234

Neo Member
Also pushed for the Westernization of Capcom and some of it worked out (Dead Rising, Bluecastle becomes Capcom Vancouver) and then we also ended up getting stuff like Dark Void and Operation Raccoon City. Is also probably mostly responsible for the cancellation of Megaman Universe and Legends 3 because he announced his departure from the company shortly after they were announced and he was probably the only executive pushing for those games to be developed.

Sorry, but if one man that doesn't like working for a company (and that offered to continue working on those projects as an independent contractor) is all that prevents the company from throwing away the work done on games with existing fanbases, then I'm pretty sure the lion's share of responsibility for the cancellations goes to the company.

Considering the MML3 demo was finished and had been promised to fans, throwing it in the bin was just flat-out petty of Capcom.

I really don't care as long as the game gets made I'll be happy. Hopefully in 2 years we'll look back at the kickstarter, laugh at how horribly it was run, then turn and play an amazing game in Red Ash

Caronte

Why would anyone help with the funding of a project that failed to gain enough interest to get funded in KS? That's what I don't understand.

Good for those who wanted the game I guess.

Is it even legit to get backer donations for 90+% of a campaign, announce you have funding for the entire game, and then finish out the campaign on the basis of stretch goals? Seems like those busy or not paying attention would end up with their funds going towards stretch goals when they pledged on the basis of helping to fund creation of a game.

Good question.

Since supposedly it makes the final product better having even more funding, I imagine as long as all of the rewards are fulfilled as promised including copies of the game and stuff then it probably is.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Personally for me this whole project is a huge turnoff simply because of how exploitative and creatively bankrupt it is. If this was some kind of great creative idea being held back by poor funding, most would've welcome these news I'm certain.

This thing is like if George Lucas would suddenly decide to make a movie called Space Conflicts, and have a black Ludo Cloudrunner learn the ways of the Power from his hermit friend Jane Canuvi before embarking on an adventure aboard a Hundred-Year Hawk to protect the galaxy from the evil Magistrate.

I mean, REMEMBER KICKING CANS?

What do you think the game is gonna look like with this shady Chinese company behind it now? Oh man.

Well after seeing the Fuze website, I wouldn't be surprised if it's gimped on PS4/XB1 and launching with AMAZING gfx at a cheap price, only possible on the FUZE console.

doesn't show the ps4 on the crappy console section

fuze console looks suspiciously like a ps4

i dunno guys i think a conspiracy is brewing

Top Bottom