• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Bull CEO outlines pro-Trump, anti-refugee beliefs in interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... Hysteria... Yeah, I think people getting angry about a sexist, racist, homophobic, and xenophobic candidate are justified in their warnings and rage. He seems pretty pro-Trump, sidestepping any sort of criticism of the guy.

But then again, he does seem like just a fuck-you, got-mine, old, rich man.

Meh, I've been meaning to cut soda from my diet. Might as well start here.

Wait, why the fuck is it the rich old people being this racist and xenophobic?

Like, don't they have enough money that they don't even have to worry about immigrants?

Kordelle

As a football (soccer) fan I know what a bad guy he is for a long time.
His tv channel (Servus TV) is known for supporting right/alt right.

Guy.brush

Red Bull.

Gives you wings.

buildybagag.png

And Boy.
Gives you clothes.
img61263818.jpg
Boy-london.jpg

Still can't believe people are running around in that stuff oblivious to where it came from.

PillarEN

That fucking company, how can they try and get worse press after Vorayuth Yoovidhaya killing a cop and getting away with it?
Now that's a real game of cat and mouse. You hope justice will be served but he's pretty much spat in the face of the Thai judicial system. He's not the only affluent person to do so in Thailand though it's not exactly a Thai only issue. It's just easier for him to pull this off as opposed to some other countries where his status wouldn't bail him out. Corruption on full display.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
This thread is an amazing repository of people who don't read the OP or the posts that actually translate the article and explain the outrage feeding headline is bullshit.

Based on what he does / where he is, his views make sense. Disagree with him on the refugee thing, but as someone in the US, I suspect it has been a much bigger issue for Europe to deal with.

l2ounD

This thread is an amazing repository of people who don't read the OP or the posts that actually translate the article and explain the outrage feeding headline is bullshit.

Based on what he does / where he is, his views make sense. Disagree with him on the refugee thing, but as someone in the US, I suspect it has been a much bigger issue for Europe to deal with.

Yeah its pretty fun to read while drinking my redbull

Dingens

[...] but as someone in the US, I suspect it has been a much bigger issue for Europe to deal with.

just imagine you live in a small town of around 2000 inhabitants in the middle of nowhere somewhere near a state boarder and one day you wake up and there are 16k people marching down main street - even without the "foreignness aspect" that's an unsettling scenario.
I know the word invasion, especially in this context comes with some pretty negative subtext, but if I was in the situation mentioned above, I'd probably also call it an invasion - even if I didn't actually try to imply anything but a huge crowd stomping over my lawn.
This scenario has happened not once but many times in 2015 in Austria, and that's what he's most likely referring to. Ofc I can't blame non-europeans for not getting the extend of what has happened that year. It's quite hard to comprehend, even for people who have experienced it.

tiocfaidharla

Neo Member
Boycotting Redbull because of this is ridiculous.

The CEO just expressed pretty moderate conservative views on immigration; it's not like he was calling for a pure ethnostate or anything radical.

I often wonder if a lot of leftists exist in very isolated social circles. They tend to seem shocked when they find out that a normal person has right wing views, despite the fact that most people are centrist or lean towards the right.

Seriously, though, the refugee crisis has been disastrous for Europe so far; most of the 'refugees' in Europe are young men who had already reached safe havens in countries such as Turkey and Lebanon. Germany and Austria's decision to take such a ludicrous number was an attempt to fix their demographic problem (Germans have a very low birthrate); in reality, they allowed a large number of very troubled young men from a very troubled part of the world. The ramifications will no doubt be felt for many decades to come.

Fox Mulder

I wonder how many people will read this and still keep giving this guy money?

I will never drink another red bull again.

I don't boycott companies because of someone's political views. Do people have spreadsheets and shit to remember what companies they can buy from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom