• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media on Transformers The Last Knight

Also inflates the time for ad money.
Lmao how cynical can you get, this is them fucking with the audience because if the audience saw its a 2 minute episode when every other episode is 20 minutes to an hour, everybody would immediately know something was off

This isn't the first time they've fucked with the audience with a giant black screen.

squall23

Man, those 2 caught a break in that they only had to sit and drink for 2 minutes. Rich and Jack had to sit through the entire nothingness of the Mass Effect Andromeda "review".

Sephzilla

MqZ0vTN.gif

daevv

I like both videos. Disappointing that I look forward to their vids so much that when one with nothing comes out it's a drag. I wouldn't mind it so if vids came out more frequently.

I like both videos. Disappointing that I look forward to their vids so much that when one with nothing comes out it's a drag. I wouldn't mind it so if vids came out more frequently.
This is problem them having fun with their guests and a movie they refuse to watch until they eventually edit the actual best of the worst episode.

These joke videos take minutes to make and edit more than likely. Best of the worst takes much longer.

Those crazy bastards.

I hope this is just build up to the actual review. They pulled this with the Star Wars Holiday Special as well lol

I mean...there's literally nothing else to say about Micheal Bay's Transformers movies at this point. It's just a bunch of noise and nonsense.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Man, 300k views.
I didnt knew RLM was such a big channel.

Also, i dont care what people say: I FRIGGIN LOVE THEM CANADIANS.

Tobor

I think it's perfect. they are putting as much thought and energy into their reviews as Bay and his screenwriters put into the movie.

honestly i dont get the point of this. they can rip the movie apart if they didn't like it. in fact, isn't that their entire reason for being? they cover pop culture so they can complain about it. but they are one and the same w it.

stunts like these were they put on this air of stuff being beneath them even approaching it are dumb. you guys made your name w a multi hour review of The Phantom Menace. you guys live in trash. cut it w this more sophisticated than thou bs.

Sanjuro

honestly i dont get the point of this. they can rip the movie apart if they didn't like it. in fact, isn't that their entire reason for being? they cover pop culture so they can complain about it. but they are one and the same w it.

stunts like these were they put on this air of stuff being beneath them even approaching it are dumb. you guys made your name w a multi hour review of The Phantom Menace. you guys live in trash. cut it w this more sophisticated than thou bs.

I agree. Canadians are too sophisticated.

Jinaar

If your English teacher read this, they would fall over dead in horror. Production quality of this post is a Transformers 2.

rekameohs

Banned

The only capitalized part of this is The Phantom Menace.

🤔

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I probably should go and see the movie now, I'm really interested after those two videos. I thought it would just a an incredibly stupid action film but the way those guys describe it makes it sound kinda interesting. Almost like a "Spec Ops The Line" of Transformer movies.
I didn't quite understand why they made so many fart-jokes but that's okay.

its goddamn transformers. trash of the trash, deserves no better

geomon

I don't think they will

I hope they never do it. This garbage fucking film doesn't deserve it, the fucking franchise doesn't deserve it, the fucking director doesn't deserve it, and the fucking production company doesn't deserve it.

This fucking garbage franchise doesn't deserve any attention towards it, none. Not even bad attention. Should be ignored forever.

D_prOdigy

very cool

SilentRob

its goddamn transformers. trash of the trash, deserves no better

Their whole channel is based on reviewing Trash. I don't get this argument. They reviewed Adam Sandler movies, Batman V Superman, fucking Paul Blart Mall Cop 2, that weird "comedy" clip show called Movie 43 or something...but Transformers is the one they don't want to talk about because it's too bad? Come on now.

Monocle

At least this movie succeeded where The Mummy failed: in being entertaining, periodically funny, and in certain instances cool.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Honestly, what they are doing is lame.

These are the same guys who celebrate schlock movies for being what they are and not apologizing for it. I have not seen this Transformers iteration but every single one before it new exactly what it was and made no apologies, even when they should have (the jiving robots in the second one?).

We can say the movies are terrible but they are not without vision and style. The movie is not a troll on it's audience. It's no different than Dead Alive for example. Just not for me or the RLM guys.

Sanjuro

Honestly, what they are doing is lame.

These are the same guys who celebrate schlock movies for being what they are and not apologizing for it. I have not seen this Transformers iteration but every single one before it new exactly what it was and made no apologies, even when they should have (the jiving robots in the second one?).

We can say the movies are terrible but they are not without vision and style. The movie is not a troll on it's audience. It's no different than Dead Alive for example. Just not for me or the RLM guys.

Dead Alive is a very strange comparison to the Transformers film franchise.

Fisty

According to their real fans, yes. It's hilarious. RLM are geniuses.

I'm not a real fan.

It's only funny because it was a pointless lazy video with really loud bleep blorp noises that was watched by tons of people and monetized with ads.

So just like the Transformers movies

Afrocious

I think this was partly done in response to Michael Bay's statement about how despite how bad the movie is, people are going to see it (something like that.)

I know Nostalgia Critic was livid about it, and in response, made a video jokingly predicting what the movie would be about saying that all the movies are the same.

Maybe Jay and Mike didn't feel T5 was worth the effort in making a legitimate review?

I found both vids hilarious personally.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Dead Alive is a very strange comparison to the Transformers film franchise.

Perhaps. It's pretty over the top and unapologetic for what it is. They aren't in the same genre but otherwise it's similar. Both directors are aiming for something and totally commit to it. A lot of people would not consider dead alive a good movie, same could be said about Transformers. Both have their fans.

Top Bottom