• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

That Plinkett review reminded me why I don't need another Plinkett review. Half in the Bag and Best of the Worst are all I need.

Yeah. Between those shows and the PrevRec stream, Plinkett is just bonus.

Also they were hyping the new BotW on the stream last night. Rich said it contains his "finest moment" in the history of the site. And apparently a "third party" is involved with part of it.

Sanjuro

PJ41mCU.gif

D.Lo

That Plinkett review reminded me why I don't need another Plinkett review. Half in the Bag and Best of the Worst are all I need.
It was't a real Plinkett review though. With sets and actors as 90 minutes of well structured criticism.

I would love another proper one.

Cheerilee

It's also hilarious how touchy people are about that silly ass lightsaber, both for and against.

The whole teaser is just seven images, presented for dramatic effect.

*boom* - Black Stormtrooper (Cue all the racists to let it out of their system now and get it over with. Yes, there will be a Black Stormtrooper. First we have a Black President of the USA, and now we have a Black Stormtrooper. When will the madness end?)
*boom* - Weird football droid thing?
*boom* - Stormtroopers in a night club? I don't know, I can't see shit.
*boom* - Girl on a weird bike?
*boom* - X-wing fighters! Yay!
*boom* - Dark guy in a dark forest... with a lightsaber!
*boom* - Make that a cross lightsaber!
*boom* - Millennium Falcon and spinning and lensflare and shooting! Yay!

The lightsaber was presented for dramatic effect, and the fact that it was highlighted as a cross lightsaber just intensified the focus. Everyone has to have an opinion on it. The trailer basically begged for that to happen.

For the record, I really like the idea of a crossguard lightsaber, but my immediate reaction was that it's useless, because it has weak parts at the joints, which is exactly where it should be strong. I like the fanedit which bends the light to connect all three parts. That's a perfect solution, IMO.

The lightsaber was presented for dramatic effect, and the fact that it was highlighted as a cross lightsaber just intensified the focus. Everyone has to have an opinion on it. The trailer basically begged for that to happen.

For the record, I really like the idea of a crossguard lightsaber, but my immediate reaction was that it's useless, because it has weak parts at the joints, which is exactly where it should be strong. I like the fanedit which bends the light to connect all three parts. That's a perfect solution, IMO.

I feel like it's going to be the USS Vengeance of lightsabers, because a normal lightsaber isn't cool enough, it has to be bigger and more menacing

Much stupider shit has happened in the prequels and the EU, some of them involving lightsabers, so it seems like a weird thing to worry about, but I guess there's no other content of note in the teaser.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
was that worth something?
I'm sure it was just to get a rise out of people.

I mean if he actually opened a rare item people would crucify him. It also looks really new anyway so it can't be worth that much. (When is it from? The '90s or '00s?) Either way, it's still a few years old at the least. It had the potential to eventually be worth something. I wonder if he had all these toys or they just gathered them up recently just for this bit.

Fuck, part of me regrets ever taking my 18" Boba Fett out of his packaging too. But you can't even see the awesome detail when he's in the dark constrained box. He wanted to be free.

The whole teaser is just seven images, presented for dramatic effect.

*boom* - Black Stormtrooper (Cue all the racists to let it out of their system now and get it over with. Yes, there will be a Black Stormtrooper. First we have a Black President of the USA, and now we have a Black Stormtrooper. When will the madness end?)
*boom* - Weird football droid thing?
*boom* - Stormtroopers in a night club? I don't know, I can't see shit.
*boom* - Girl on a weird bike?
*boom* - X-wing fighters! Yay!
*boom* - Dark guy in a dark forest... with a lightsaber!
*boom* - Make that a cross lightsaber!
*boom* - Millennium Falcon and spinning and lensflare and shooting! Yay!

same thoughts on the cross lightsaber. I'm not terribly bothered by it and can see how the idea makes sense on paper, but the design has a terribly flaw where there is still machinery/metal sticking out a bit too much so the whole point of stopping the opponent's light saber before they can slice off your hand is meaningless.

Also folks seem to be forgetting at points that Star Wars is Science Fantasy, shit like cross lightsabers should be expected lol

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
rich built his pc today. only caught a few minutes of it.

the youtube stuff doesn't come out fast enough and they dont have any dates so you have to guess when they did them ugh

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
rich built his pc today. only caught a few minutes of it.

the youtube stuff doesn't come out fast enough and they dont have any dates so you have to guess when they did them ugh

You know you can check the "Past Broadcasts" thing on Twitch and watch stuff right after it airs, right? I missed the entire PC building part and went back and watched it right after they finished streaming for the night.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
You know you can check the "Past Broadcasts" thing on Twitch and watch stuff right after it airs, right? I missed the entire PC building part and went back and watched it right after they finished streaming for the night.

i usually dont have time to do it until i'm at work... i havent really tried using twitch on my phone for the past broadcasts.

Top Bottom