• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remaster vs. Rerelease----How bad did they drop the ball on the Stars Battlefront Collection?

FMX

I know that the industry is not in the best shape right now, but they could have had a big hit on their hands if they would have done a true remaster instead of re-release. They seemed to have done a sloppy cut and paste that a lot of folks will not touch.

MiguelItUp

You're right, they really could have, but they didn't for whatever reasons. We may never really know why things went the way they did. But man did the final product just scream low effort mess.

Then the whole use of community created mods with out any recognition, saying it was an accident that was only in footage, but then having it all in the code. So, they lied about it. The whole thing really has been handled so poorly. It's like the GTA Remastered Collection again, if not worse.

Skyfox

I’m out of the loop on this one (I’ve seen the complaints online though).

What did they mess up?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
To say that the battlefront collection is a remaster is just obscene

No bad choices involving Star Wars surprise me anymore. It's like a golden goose that keeps getting choked close to death for some reason.
To say an entire franchise like Star Wars is bad is a freak thing to say

Hudo

Let me put it this way: They've managed to make the classic Battlefront games, which are universally, absolutely, unequivocally, irrefutably better than the DICE-produced Battlefront games. And they made these classics even worse.

It takes a special kind of talent to drop the ball that hard.

Football Superbowl GIF by Trey Songz

They messed up pretty damn good. It was pretty much tee'd up already for player expectations and they really didn't have to do too much to get a already hungry fanbase on board. And from the server issues, horrendous file size bloat, lying about using mods.... They've done a horrible job.

I dunno, it didn't show well at all in the Direct, so it was an immediate hard pass no for me. Looked like a lazy copy/paste bare-bones port.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Aspyr is just a terrible, lazy developer. Simple as that.

To play the devil's advocate, they're not the biggest studio. And they put out the (rather good) Tomb Raider trilogy remaster just a month or two ago as well. They were likely stretched very thin.

Top Bottom