• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder: E3 2016 Expo Pass Discount & Free Pass close in two weeks (4/28)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
g6PrrMx.png

At time of writing we are 61 days away from E3 2016. Well, at least until the actual expo opens, the press conferences/events etc. of Bethesda, EA, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony and Ubisoft happen earlier. Anyhow, we are also getting close to the deadline for free show floor admission and discount for Paid Expo Pass. The deadline is April 28th. So I thought it could be nice to share this, in case some people still need to register and are looking to save a few dollars ($200).

You can register here: https://www.compusystems.com/servlet/ar?evt_uid=373

Attendee Registration Pricing and Deadlines

Paid Expo Pass
3-day Show Floor Pass

Before April 28, 2016: $795.00
After April 28, 2016: $995.00

Industry Pass
3-day Show Floor Pass

Before April 28, 2016: $0.00
After April 28, 2016: N/A
Industry Pass is available to qualified
Interactive Entertainment
Industry Professionals ONLY.*

*Two forms of Industry ID must be provided.

Industry Identification Requirements

In order to apply for FREE admission as a member of the interactive entertainment industry, you must submit two of the credentials listed below. At least one document must contain both your name and the name of your company. A driver's license or passport is NOT acceptable documentation, as they do not verify your position within the interactive entertainment industry.

All registrants should also include their company's website address which should be a fully operational site through which your Company Business can be validated.

Registrants must have a valid employee email address to which their final E3 confirmation can be sent.

Instructions for submitting these credentials will be provided to you during the online Registration Application process.

Acceptable forms of EMPLOYEE/COMPANY ID include:

• Insurance Card listing both employee name and company name
  • Paycheck Stub verifying current full-time employment within the industry
  • Company Credit Card listing both employee name and company name
  • W-2 Form
  • Current Business License indicating type of business
  • Current Retail Sales Tax License
  • Current Resale Tax Certificate
  • Invoices within the last 6 months that show purchases of products related to the industry*
  • Current Federal resale tax certificate (VAT)
  • Current IDGA Membership Card
*Retail attendees are eligible for complimentary admission to E3 only if they are responsible for company purchasing. If you are unable to document your buying power by supplying company invoices, purchase orders or other purchasing transactions, you may qualify for a paid admission and should visit www.e3expo.com to register for a 3-day Expo pass.

International attendees should submit similar credentials unique to their country that confirm their employment in the interactive entertainment industry.

AGENCY Employees wishing to attend E3 should submit two of the Company/Employee IDs listed above as well as:

• The URL to a website that documents your company's attachment to the interactive entertainment industry
  • An official listing of the clients that you support within the interactive entertainment industry
All registrants are subject to review and approval by Show Management. You will be contacted via email if we require more information or further clarification.
I work in the industry but I missed the April 28th deadline for free show floor admission. Can I still attend?

Yes. Registration will be available online and on-site at the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) through show dates. The admission charge after April 28, 2016, is $995 for a three-day show floor pass.
Source: https://www.e3expo.com/attendee/2902/attendee-registration-policies/

I can't attend this year either unfortunately due to poor financials, but I wish everyone going a great time. With what is in store for NX and potential reveals of PS4.5 and Xbox One.5, I think E3 2016 could definitely be a truly great one.

Also, were those registration issues EviLore and crew saw ever sorted out, is NeoGAF still not listed as a media outlet?

georly

I'm so so so tempted to bite the bullet, but after airfare and hotel i'm looking at nearly 2 grand to not even be able to attend the press conferences. Waiting in line for hours to play games doesn't sound great either, but I'm sure the rest of it would make up for it. With Zelda and NX, this seems like the perfect year for me to attend, but boy is that expensive.

Super tempting, though.

Grylvak

Very excited for E3. Wish I could go as this is the year I wanted to go the most, but those ticket prices pretty much make wallet burst into flames. :p

Hopefully everyone that goes this year has a good time though!

SuperZambezi

Neo Member
I have a question for those getting in as media this year.

I've been going to E3 for the past four years and I've been able to get two or more badges each time. Unfortunately, my viewership was not the best this year and I'm looking at only getting one badge, something that would make things pretty difficult in our coverage. I believe it was about 10,000 unique impressions in a month per badge.

So! I was thinking of our YouTube account and how that could be used to get badges. How does the ESA determine badge numbers through a YouTube account? Is it through monthly views? Subscribers? I'm hoping someone who has gone this way can shed some light on this, the E3 Media team hasn't been responding to my emails. :-\

Thanks to anyone that could help!

dacuk

First time going to E3 in all these years of following it (going with a media pass, as I will be working for 3 media outlets from my country).
It would be great to be able to meet some GAFers there, too.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Little more than a week now remains until the deadlines. The ESA appears to have started putting out more ads as well regarding E3 2016.

Top Bottom